2008 Honda CRF230F
Back to 2008 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge for detail.
They make great desktop images.
– 2008 Honda CRF230F
2008 Honda CRF230F
A popular pick as the most accomplished off-road play bike by motorcycle magazines the world over, the electric-start CRF230F is the perfect match for recreational riders discovering the world of off-road adventure.
It’s the full-size bike that’s very rider-friendly. The CRF230F rides on big-bike wheels and power comes from a strong 223 cc four-stroke engine. Plus we’ve kept the weight low and designed the ergonomics to give it a confidence-inspiring character. Sit in the comfortable seat and notice how easily your feet reach the ground. On the trail, its compact wheelbase and nimble handling are advantages riders of all sizes and skill levels can appreciate. For 2008 the CRF230F gets a slimmer and lower seat and fuel tank for improved comfort and a lighter feel, plus revised suspension settings.
Put in simple, moto-friendly terms, the CRF230F is a certified blast to ride. Just ask the countless riders, of all skill and experience levels, who’ve ever twisted its throttle and made easy work of the toughest trails. With its six-speed transmission, plush, long-travel suspension, electric starter, 34.1-inch seat height, and new fuel tank, it’s the perfect—and perfectly sized—off-roader for adults and teenagers alike.
Features & Benefits
New for 2008
– Narrower seat, fuel tank and new handlebar shape increase rider comfort.
– Dependable 223cc single-cylinder air-cooled four-stroke engine offers plenty of user-friendly power and torque spread over a wide-rpm range.
– 26mm carburetor for crisp throttle response.
– Electric start for ease of starting.
– Lightweight aluminum crankcase.
– Maintenance-free CD ignition.
– Heavy-duty clutch offers smooth, progressive engagement.
– Smooth-shifting, versatile six-speed transmission.
– Heavy-duty O-ring-sealed chain for durability and reduced maintenance.
– Box-section aluminum swingarm is first in its class.
– Lightweight semi-double-cradle, high-tensile steel frame.
– 37mm leading-axle Showa front fork offers 9.5 inches of suspension travel.
– Fork boots keep dirt and moisture away from fork seals.
– Heavy-duty Showa rear shock offers 9.0 inches of travel.
– Pro-Link® Rear Suspension (see Technology Section)
– Snail-type chain adjusters for easy maintenance.
– Powerful 240mm front disc brake.
– Lightweight rear drum brake.
– Strong, lightweight rims with straight-pull spokes.
– CRF®-R-inspired bodywork and graphics.
– Engine design produces low emissions that meets both EPA and California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road standards.
– Motocross-style seat is low and comfortable, and allows maximum rider movement.
– Easily detachable number plate.
– High-impact plastic skidplate protects lower engine cases.
– Folding shift lever.
– Reusable, foam air filter for reduced maintenance costs.
– Front and rear steel sprockets for durability.
– High-quality handlebar with comfortable grips.
– Extra-wide, cleated, folding, self-cleaning footpegs and brake pedal for secure footing.
– Quiet, USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler.
– Maintenance-free sealed battery.
– Keyed ignition switch.
– Transferable six-month limited warranty.
– Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda USA-certified unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider’s Club of America® (HRCA®). Visit www.hrca.honda.com for details.
Engine Type: 223cc air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 65.5mm x 66.2mm
Compression ratio: 9.0:1
Valve Train: SOHC; two-valve
Induction: 26mm piston-valve carburetor
Final Drive: #520 O-ring-sealed chain; 13T/50T
Front: 37mm leading-axle Showa fork; 9.5 inches travel
Rear: Pro-Link Showa single shock with spring preload adjustability; 9.0 inches travel
Front: Single 240mm disc
Wheelbase: 54.1 inches
Rake (Caster angle): 27.3°
Trail: 112mm (4.4 inches)
Seat Height: 34.1 inches
Ground Clearance: 11.7 inches
Fuel Capacity: 1.9 gallons, including 0.4-gallon reserve
Curb Weight*: 249 pounds
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel–ready to ride.
Meets current CARB and EPA standards.
MSRP: $4,399 CDN
Engine Type Air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Displacement 223 cc
Bore & Stroke 65.5 mm x 66.2 mm
Compression Ratio 9:1
Valve Train SOHC, two-valve
Fuel Delivery Single 26 mm piston-valve carb
Transmission Six-speed with manual clutch
Final Drive #520 O-ring-sealed chain; 13T/50T
Front Suspension 37 mm leading-axle Showa fork; 241 mm (9.5 inches) travel
Rear Suspension Pro-Link Showa single shock with spring preload adjustability; 229 mm (9 inches) travel
Tires 80/100 – 21 front; 100/100 – 18 rear
Brakes Front 240 mm disc with dual-piston caliper; rear drum
Ground Clearance 297 mm (11.7 inches)
Seat Height 866 mm (34.1 inches)
Wheelbase 1,374 mm (54.1 inches)
Dry Weight 113 kg (249 lb) including required fluids and full tank of gas – ready to ride
Fuel Capacity 7.2 litres
Colour Extreme Red
Specifications and features are subject to change