2008 Honda VTX1800F
Back to 2008 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge for detail.
They make great desktop images.
– 2008 Honda VTX1800F
2008 Honda VTX1800F
For those who favor a cruiser with sporty high-performance styling, the VTX1800F blends custom looks with big V-twin power.
Part dragbike, part boulevard bad boy, the 2008 Honda VTX1800F’s styling is all about performance, with a low profile, straight bars and chopped fenders.
Stripped down and ready for action, the VTX1800F gives you the radical look of a classic retro dragster. Check out the long twin pipes, the low two-piece saddle with removable passenger section, the wide semi-swept handlebar, and the recessed LED taillight tucked under the straight-cut rear fender. And you can’t miss the fat radial tires wrapped around gorgeous race-style cast wheels. Best of all, the VTX1800F backs up its handsome looks with amazing performance, thanks in part to a high-tech 1,795 cc liquid-cooled V-twin engine with fuel injection.
Every family has to have its bad boy. You know the type: rebellious, independent. That’s the VTX1800F to tee. This machine is equal parts dragbike and Main Street marauder, sporting a low, gunfighter-style seat, semi—swept handlebar, and chromed 2—into—1 pipes. Chopped fenders and 10—spoked wheels add the finishing touch to an attitude both defiant and unique.
– Straight-Cut, 5-Bolt Muffler Tips
– Bullet-Style Headlight
Features & Benefits
New for 2008
– The VTX1800F is available in Black and Candy Red Tribal.
– The VTX1800F is available in two distinctive build variations: Spec 1 and 2.
– Bold sport-custom performance-cruiser styling.
– Bobbed-style front steel fender with straight-cut rear steel fender complement the drag-racing look.
– Low 27.6-inch two-piece gunfighter-style seat features a removable passenger section for an enhanced custom look.
– Handsome chromed two-into-two staggered exhaust system features five-bolt muffler tips and a deep exhaust note.
– Streamlined headlight features a smaller hooded lens for a unique minimalist look.
– Aggressive 10-spoke racing-type cast wheels feature a low-profile 130/70R-18 radial front tire with an aggressive 180/55R-18 radial rear tire to put the engine’s awesome power to the ground and enhance the overall performance and custom look.
– Large, handsomely finished, flangeless 4.8-gallon gas tank features pinstripe-quality VTX decal badging.
– Custom-style recessed LED taillight and brakelight.
– Electronic control unit (ECU) closed-loop emissions system utilizes an air-injection system and three-way exhaust catalyzer to simultaneously reduce emissions.
Spec 1 Custom-Building Options
– Crankcases, cylinder, starter motor: Satin-black finish with milled cylinder fin edges.
– Handlebar: Cast-aluminum risers and caps with hairline satin-brushed finish.
– Clutch and Brake Levers: Smooth, cast-aluminum finish.
– Fork Tubes: Inverted fork tubes with satin-brushed finish.
– Upper and lower triple clamps: Cast-aluminum with hairline satin-brushed finish.
– Switch Housings: Smooth, cast-aluminum finish.
– Radiator Cover: Color-matched painted finish.
– Footpegs: Chromed.
– Final-Drive Housing: Silver finish.
– Wheels: Satin-brushed cast-aluminum.
Spec 2 Custom-Building Options
– Crankcases, cylinder, starter motor: Satin black finish with milled cylinder fin edges.
– Handlebar: Chrome-plated cast-aluminum handlebar risers and caps.
– Clutch and Brake Levers: Highly polished aluminum finish.
– Fork Tubes: Chrome steel covers highlight detailed front end.
– Upper and lower triple clamps: Highly polished cast-aluminum.
– Switch Housings: Hairline satin-brushed finish.
– Radiator Cover: Color-matched painted finish.
– Footpegs: Oval-shaped chrome-plated cast-aluminum.
– Final Drive Housing: Hairline satin-brushed finish with chrome-plated axle cap and fasteners.
– Wheels: Highly polished cast-aluminum.
– Engine is a 1795cc liquid-cooled 52-degree V-twin that hammers out immense power.
– V-twin engine features 4-inch cylinder bores and the largest connecting rods and cylinders Honda has ever made.
– Advanced technology Offset Dual-Pin Crankshaft (see tech section).
– The 41.4-pound forged-steel crankshaft uses bolted weights, reducing crankcase width nearly 2 inches and reducing crankshaft weight 8.8 pounds compared to a conventional one-piece design.
– The engine mounting system uses carefully matched hangers and rubber mounts to eliminate unwanted vibration, while preserving the powerful character of the engine’s V-twin design.
– Three-Valve Dual Plug Cylinder Head (see Technology Section).
– Two iridium-tip spark plugs per cylinder for efficient combustion at all engine speeds.
– Simple-to-service screw-and-locknut valve-clearance adjusters.
– Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) (see Technology Section).
– ECU provides individual digital 3-D fuel-injection and ignition maps for each cylinder, creating ideal fuel mixture and spark advance settings for superb rideability.
– Unique dry-sump oiling system utilizes a closed crankcase design and places the oil tank inside the gearbox case. The result is a freer-revving engine for improved power and a lower engine height.
– Radiator with cooling fan maintains consistent engine temperature for optimum performance and long engine life.
– Five-speed transmission with carefully selected gear ratios for relaxed cruising and exciting roll-on performance.
– Shaft final-drive system provides smooth, low-maintenance operation.
– The engine’s power is harnessed by a massive tubular steel frame r and gives the VTX a long, low, muscular stance.
– Large 45mm inverted front fork provides 4.3 inches of plush yet responsive wheel travel.
– Dual chromed rear shocks have 3.9 inches of wheel travel and feature an advanced internal valve system for a comfortable ride.
– Linked Braking System (LBS) (see Technology Section).
– Distinctive chrome hooded-headlight housing features a powerful 55/60-watt halogen bulb with a computer-designed multireflector for superb lighting in all conditions.
– Tank-mounted digital LCD instrumentation includes a speedometer, bar-graph tachometer, odometer, A/B tripmeters and a clock.
– Reliable 300-watt alternator.
– Durable, maintenance-free battery.
– Transferable one-year unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
– Assembled in Marysville, Ohio.
– Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda USA-certified unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider’s Club of America® (HRCA®). Visit www.hrca.honda.com for details.
VTX1800F 1and 2 Honda Genuine Accessories
Backrests and Rear Carriers: Deluxe Chrome Backrest w/ Pad, Deluxe Chrome Backrest Trim w/ Emblem, Deluxe Chrome Rear Carrier, Deluxe Chrome Backrest/Rear Carrier Mount Brackets, Adjustable Chrome Backrest w/ Pad (5-Position), Chrome Backrest w/ Pad (Tall, Studded Traditional), Chrome Backrest w/ Pad (Tall, Plain Traditional), Chrome Backrest Trim (Tall, Traditional), Chrome Backrest w/ Pad (Low, Studded Traditional), Chrome Backrest w/ Pad (Low, Plain Traditional), Chrome Backrest Trim (Low, Traditional), Chrome Rear Carrier (Traditional), Chrome Backrest/Rear Carrier Mounting Brackets (Traditional), Chrome Backrest w/ Pad (Tall, Sport-Custom), Chrome Backrest Trim (Tall, Sport-Custom), Chrome Backrest w/ Pad (Low, Sport-Custom), Chrome Backrest Trim (Low, Sport-Custom), Chrome Rear Carrier (Sport-Custom), Chrome Backrest/Rear Carrier Mounting Brackets (Sport-Custom), Chrome Passenger Grab Rails (Fits all style backrests).
Windscreens: Custom Windscreen (Performance Style), Custom Windscreen (Sport-Custom Style), Adjustable Height Windscreen (2.56-inch Vertical Adjustment Range), Boulevard Screen (Clear), Boulevard Screen (Smoke), Boulevard Screen Mount Kit (Neo-Retro), Boulevard Screen Mount Kit (Smooth), Sport Screen, Lower Wind Deflectors.
Lightbar: Chrome Lightbar (Sport-Custom).
Leather: Leather Saddlebags (18 Plain), Leather Saddlebags (18 Studded), Leather Saddlebags (18 Fringed), Saddlebag Mounting Brackets, Leather Tank Belt (Plain), Leather Tank Belt (Studded), Leather Touring Bag (Studded), Leather Touring Bag (Plain), Leather Touring Bag (Fringed), Leather Front Pouch (Studded), Leather Front Pouch (Plain), Leather Front Pouch (Fringed).
Chrome Appearance: Chrome Driveshaft Cover, Chrome Master-Cylinder Cap, Chrome Allen-Bolt Inserts.
Chrome Billet: Chrome Billet Master-Cylinder Cap (Fluted), Chrome Billet Master-Cylinder Cap (Neo-Retro), Chrome Billet Master-Cylinder Cap (V Design), Chrome Billet Dipstick (Fluted), Chrome Billet Dipstick (Neo-Retro), Chrome Billet Clutch Cover (Fluted), Chrome Billet Clutch Cover (Neo-Retro), Chrome Billet Timing and Crankshaft Cover Set (Fluted), Chrome Billet Timing Cover (Neo-Retro), Chrome Billet Countershaft Cover Trim (Fluted), Chrome Billet Countershaft Cover Trim (Neo-Retro), Chrome Billet Upper Countershaft Cover Trim (Fluted), Chrome Billet Driveshaft Bolt Cover (Fluted), Chrome Billet Driveshaft Bolt Cover (Neo-Retro), Chrome Billet Driveshaft Bolt Cover (V Design), Chrome Billet Swingarm Pivot Cover Set (Fluted), Chrome Billet Swingarm Pivot Cover Set (Neo-Retro), Chrome Billet Upper Fork Nut Covers, Chrome Billet Banjo Bolt Covers.
Additional Honda Genuine Accessories: Digital Audio System, Chrome Heated Grips, Cycle Cover.
Engine Type: 1795cc liquid-cooled 52° V-twin
Bore and Stroke: 101mm x 112mm
Compression Ratio: 9.0:1
Valve Train: SOHC; three valves per cylinder
Induction: PGM-FI with automatic choke
Ignition: Digital, two spark plugs per cylinder
Final Drive: Shaft
Front: 45mm inverted fork; 4.3 inches travel
Rear: Dual shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability; 3.9 inches travel
Front: Dual 296mm disc with LBS three-piston calipers
Rear: Single 316mm disc with LBS twin-piston caliper
Front: 130/70R-18 radial
Rear: 180/55R-18 radial
Wheelbase: 67.5 inches
Rake (Caster Angle): 31° 45′
Trail: 144mm (5.7 inches)
Seat Height: 27.6 inches
Fuel Capacity: 4.8 gallons
Colors: Black, Candy Red Tribal
Curb Weight*: 774 pounds
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel-ready to ride.
Meets current EPA standards.
California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
MSRP: $18,999 CDN
Engine Type Liquid-cooled 52-degree V-twin
Displacement 1,795 cc
Bore & Stroke 101 mm x 112 mm
Compression Ratio 9:1
Valve Train Chain-driven SOHC, 3 valves per cylinder
Fuel Delivery PGM-FI with automatic choke
Final Drive Shaft
Front Suspension 45 mm fork, 109 mm (4.3 inches) travel
Rear Suspension Dual shocks with adjustable spring preload, 99 mm (3.9 inches) travel
Tires 130/70R – 18 radial front; 180/55R – 18 radial rear
Brakes Front dual 296 mm discs with LBS three-piston calipers; rear single 316 mm disc with LBS twin-piston caliper
Seat Height 701 mm (27.6 inches)
Wheelbase 1,714 mm (67.5 inches)
Dry Weight TBA
Fuel Capacity 18.2 litres
Colour Black, Red Metallic
Specifications and features are subject to change