2008 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Classic
Back to 2008 Kawasaki Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge for detail.
They make great desktop images.
– 2008 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Classic
2008 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Classic
KAWASAKI’S VULCAN® 1600 CLASSIC DELIVERS WITH ITS BRAWNY TORQUE AND STYLING
Abundant power and handling for demanding riders
Following the path forged by the original Vulcan® 1500 cruiser’s design, the Vulcan® 1600 Classic continues to provide riders an experience that’s hard to forget. Its good looks materialize in the form of a low, sleek chassis matched with equally impressive V-twin power are without a doubt a big part of this successful motorcycle.
At the center of this exciting bike is a 95-cubic inch V-twin engine generating plenty of low-end torque and supplying the Vulcan 1600 Classic with more than enough power for just about anything its rider chooses to do. Extra power is nice for playtime, but when a plan calls for extended seat-time, the single-pin crankshaft and a gear-driven counter balancer work together to provide a comforting rhythm without those harsh vibrations.
Complimenting the engine’s power is a large, 41mm telescopic fork and the stout frame, which provide maximum rigidity for superb steering feel, easy side-to-side transitions and excellent ride quality. Dual rear shocks with four-way adjustable damping deliver exceptional comfort for long days in the saddle. Cast seven-spoke wheels allow the use of large tubeless tires and wide fenders to give the 1600 Classic its tough look.
A wide, pullback handlebar, stepped seat, dual slash-cut mufflers, and a multi-reflector headlight are several of the design details that make the 1600 Classic a one-of-a-kind American classic. Features of the tank-mounted, integrated instrument cluster include an LCD screen, ignition switch, fuel-injection warning lamp, fuel gauge, odometer, tripmeter and clock.
– 1,552cc / 95 cu. in. SOHC, V-Twin
– Tuned for low- and mid-range power to deliver gutsy acceleration in the typical cruising range
– Oversquare 102 x 95mm bore and stroke helps ensure punchy response and a broad spread of satisfying power
– Maintains consistent engine temperatures for long engine life and sustained power during hard use
– Uses quiet and efficient ring-type cooling fan
Four-Valve Cylinder Heads
– Compact combustion chamber for increased compression ratio without detonation on today’s lower-octane gasoline
– Dished piston crowns allow for 9.0:1 compression ratio
– Boosts low-end torque
– Provides maximum valve area for optimum flow
Fuel Injection System
– Digital control for maximum accuracy
– Produces easy starting, smooth running, high performance and reduced exhaust emissions
Gear-Driven Engine Balancer
– Counter-rotates at engine speed to cancel vibration
– Allows use of single-pin crankshaft without the heavy vibration
– Five-speed transmission combines great around-town acceleration with relaxed highway cruising
Positive Neutral Finder
– Just lift the shift pedal from first at a stop to find neutral easily, every time
– Easy to operate and maintain
Chamberless Dual Mufflers
– Dual slash-cut mufflers give increased power feel
– Catalyzers built into each muffler to meet emissions regulations
– ECU controls the electromagnetic solenoid valve of the secondary air system to further reduce emissions
– Dual alternators provide enough output to power additional electrical accessories
– Uses twin 40 x 40mm square cross section tubes to create single backbone
– Single backbone accommodates larger capacity fuel tank
43mm Telescopic Fork
– Provides superb steering feedback and excellent ride quality
Dual Shocks with Four-Way Rebound Damping
– Deliver first-class comfort and high stability
– Dual 300mm diameter discs and 300mm single rear disc supply abundant stopping power
Dished Cast Wheels
– Allow the use of tubeless tires
– Large tires and wheels give 1600 Classic a tough look
Integrated Instrument Cluster
– Features LCD screen and tank-mounted ignition switch
– Incorporates fuel-injection warning lamp, fuel gauge, odometer, tripmeter and clock
– Self-canceling turn signals automatically shut off after eight seconds or traveling 213 feet
– Wider fenders enhance style
– Chrome-backed mirrors are stylish and corrosion resistant
– Locking left-side cover holds tool kit and provides space for small items
SPECIFICATIONS USA – 2008 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Classic:
Engine: Four-stroke, air/liquid-cooled, SOHC, four valves per cylinder, V-twin
Displacement: 1,552cc / 95ci
Bore x stroke: 102.0 x 95.0mm
Compression ratio: 9.0:1
Induction: Digital fuel injection with dual 36mm throttle bodies
Ignition: TCBI with digital advance
Final drive: Shaft
Frame: High-tensile steel, double cradle
Rake / trail: 32 degrees / 6.6 in.
Front suspension / wheel travel: 41mm hydraulic fork / 5.9 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel: Dual air-assisted shocks / 3.7 in.
Front tire: 130/90×16
Rear tire: 170/70×16
Brakes, front: Dual 300mm hydraulic discs
Brakes, rear: 300mm disc
Overall length: 98.6 in.
Overall width: 40.9 in.
Overall height: 44.5 in.
Ground clearance: 5.1 in.
Seat height: 27.4 in.
Dry weight: 675 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 5.3 gal.
Wheelbase: 66.1 in.
Colors: Metallic Diablo Black
Two-Tone: Metallic Diablo Black / Luminous Polaris Blue
MSRP standard / two-tone: $10,699 / $10,899
Warranty: 12 Months
SPECIFICATIONS Canada – 2008 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Classic:
Specifications and features are subject to change