2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250
Back to 2008 Suzuki Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge for detail.
They make great desktop images.
– 2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250
The Suzuki Bandit became a favorite of a wide range of riders worldwide by delivering an unmatched package of performance, style and value.
Now the Bandit is even better
Introducing the 2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S. Combining heavyweight power with distinctive styling and the quality of an all-new, technologically-advanced liquid-cooled engine and an advanced digital fuel injection system.
The Bandit 1250’s balance of power, style and technology is a combination developed by a team of dedicated Suzuki engineers, working together to produce a street machine of unmatched quality.
It is a demonstration of Refined Total Balance, with Complete Quality, or in other words, the new Bandit 1250.
You’ll call it a motorcycle like no other.
– Liquid-cooled, fuel injected, DOHC engine featuring a bore and stroke of 79.0mm x 64.0mm for a full 1255cc’s of torque producing performance
– Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve fuel injection system featuring 36mm throttle bodies for optimum performance and smooth accelerations
– Compact engine design with a central cam chain, staggered transmission shafts, tighter spacing between the pairs of cylinders and a secondary balancer shaft for reduced vibration
– A catalyzer equipped high-volume muffler combined with an effective engine management system, Suzuki PAIR system, and oxygen sensor for reduced emissions meeting tough Euro 3 standards
– Suzuki Idle Speed Control (ISC) system for improved cold starting, consistent idle control and reduced emissions
– A slick shifting six speed transmission improves acceleration while reducing top gear rpm at highway speeds
– Hydraulic clutch with coil springs for improved lever feel and control
– Liquid cooled oil cooler for reduced oil temperatures
– Cylinder head featuring 31mm exhaust valves and 27mm intake valves set at a narrow 16 degree valve angle
– Tube frame chassis featuring larger diameter down tubes for optimum torsional rigidity designed for excellent balance of sporty handling and comfortable highway cruising
– Innovative seat height adjustment system can be adjusted up or down by 20mm with a simple spacer seat mounting system.
– 43mm front forks combined with a single rear shock with preload adjustability for riding with or without passengers
– 310mm dual front disc brakes with four piston calipers along with a 240mm rear disc and single piston caliper. Anti-Lock Braking (ABS) is also available and monitors wheel speed and matches braking power to available traction.
– Cast three spoke aluminum wheels carrying radial tires and an easy-to-use centerstand
– The Bandit 1250S features a sleek half fairing, with built in line-beam headlights, an effective windscreen and fairing mounted mirrors
– Wide, comfortable seat with low seat height
– Large capacity fuel tank for long operating range
– Easy-to-operate centerstand with high leverage ratio to reduce effort
Model Number GSF1250SK8
Warranty 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.
Suggested Retail $8299
Engine 1255cc, four-stroke, 4-cylinder, DOHC 16 valve, liquid cooled
Bore & Stroke 79.0 x 64.0 mm
Compression Ratio 10.5:1
Fuel System Fuel Injection
Lubrication Wet sump
Final Drive #530 chain
Overall Length 2130 mm (83.9 in.)
Overall Width 790 mm (31.1 in.)
Overall Height N/A
Seat Height 785/805 mm (30.9/31.7 in.) Low/High
Ground Clearance 135 mm (5.3 in.)
Wheelbase 1485 mm (58.5 in.)
Dry Weight 225 kg (496 lbs.)
Suspension Front Telescopic, oil damped, preload adjustable
Suspension Rear Link-type suspension
Brakes Front Dual hydraulic disc
Brakes Rear Single hydraulic disc
Tires Front 120/70 ZR17
Tires Rear N/A
Fuel Tank Capacity 19 liter (5.0 Gal)
Color Blue, Gray
ABS version only available in Canada