2008 Suzuki DR200E
Back to 2008 Suzuki Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge for detail.
They make great desktop images.
– 2008 Suzuki DR200E
2008 Suzuki DR200E
How’s this for a red-hot combination? Take the incredible versatility and performance of Suzuki’s renowned DR-Z400. Mix in street-legal capabilities and unmatched handling. Then add a double shot of aggressive Suzuki styling and attitude. The result is the 2008 DR200E.
For exceptional performance on the street, the DR200E offers remarkably smooth performance, along with a rush of torque across the powerband. For crisp handling, it features a lightweight, compact design, complemented by advanced suspension front and rear, including an RM250-derived inverted fork.
All this performance at a value that earned the DR200E “Best Bang for the Buck” runner up in Motorcyclist Magazine’s 2007 “Motorcycle of the Year” awards.
-Suzuki’s Supermotard model based on DR-Z400S – combines Supermotard style and features in a narrow, lightweight street-legal package
– Lightweight 398cc, DOHC, liquid-cooled, dry-sump engine produces strong, tractable low-rpm power
– Compact 4-valve cylinder head with 36mm intake valves, 29mm exhaust valves, narrow 28° included valve angle and shim-under-bucket valve adjustment system
– SCEM-plated cylinder (nickel-silicon-phosphorous) is lighter and more durable than an iron liner with excellent heat transfer properties
– Forged aluminum piston is 10% lighter than a cast piston and receives additional oil-cooling to the piston crown through a crankcase oil jet
– Compact 5-speed transmission utilizes a cable-operated clutch with separate outer cover for simplified clutch maintenance
– Additional weight savings with magnesium valve cover, clutch cover, and magneto cover
– Smooth throttle response with a Mikuni™ BSR36 CV-type carburetor fed by 6-liter airbox. The left side cover has quick-release fasteners for easy access to the air filter
– Electric start with lightweight starter motor and a compact 6.5 amp maintenance-free battery
– Automatic decompression system for quick/easy engine starts
– Thermostatically-controlled cooling fan mounted to the left radiator helps maintain consistent operating temperature in traffic
– Renthal tapered aluminum handlebar for reduced vibration and an aggressive look
– Compact digital instrument cluster with speedometer, odometer, twin-trip meters with addition/subtraction capability, clock, timer and stopwatch functions
– Long travel, Showa-brand inverted front fork derived from RM250 – features adjustable compression/rebound damping and alumite coating on inner tube surfaces for smooth action
– A fully-adjustable rear shock absorber with high/low speed compression damping adjuster and aluminum swingarm for precise rear wheel control
– Strong braking performance supplied by a front disc brake with a large 300mm floating-type rotor and dual-piston caliper, plus 240mm rear disc brake with single-piston caliper
– Black-painted RK Excel 17″ aluminum rims and radial tires: 120/70-R17 front, 140/70- R17 rear
– New front and rear axle sliders
– On-road legal lighting with bright 60/55 watt halogen headlight, compact tail/stoplight, lightweight, rubber-mounted turn signals and horn
– Narrow profile with smooth transitions between the tank, seat and bodywork
– Chrome-moly steel frame tuned for Supermoto style riding is torsionally strong with minimal weight.
– The backbone tube, front down tube, and steering head gussets form the dry-sump engine oil tank
– A bolt-on aluminum subframe helps reduce weight and simplify maintenance
– Chrome-moly steel footpegs, aluminum rims/hubs, plus engine guard and rear disc guard
Model Number DRZ400SMK8
Warranty 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.
Suggested Retail $6199
Engine 398cc, four-stroke, single cylinder, DOHC, 4-valve, liquid cooled
Bore & Stroke 90 x 62.6mm
Compression Ratio 11.3:1
Fuel System Mikuni™ BSR36
Lubrication Dry sump
Final Drive #520 chain
Overall Length 2225mm (87.6 in.)
Overall Width 855mm (33.7 in.)
Overall Height 1200mm (47.2 in.)
Seat Height 890mm (35.0 in.)
Ground Clearance 260mm (10.2 in.)
Wheelbase 1460mm (57.5 in.)
Dry Weight 134kg (295 lbs.)
Suspension Front Inverted telescopic, oil-damped, adjustable compression and rebound damping
Suspension Rear Link-type, fully-adjustable spring preload, adjustable compression and rebound damping
Brakes Front Single hydraulic disc
Brakes Rear Single hydraulic disc
Tires Front 120/70-17
Tires Rear 140/70-17
Fuel Tank Capacity 10 liter (2.64 gal.)
Color Black, White