2009 Honda CRF250R
Back to 2009 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2009 Honda CRF250R
2009 Honda CRF250R
Innovative design has made Honda’s dual-muffler CRF250R a champion on the track as well as a multiple-time repeat-winner in magazine comparison tests.
New for 2009
· New cylinder-head combustion chamber shape improves power in the lower- to mid-RPM range.
· New longer exhaust header is tuned to work in conjunction with the new cylinder head for improved power.
· New four-dog transmission gears, revised shift drum and shift drum arm produce more positive shifting.
· Reshaped works-style 240mm front brake rotor is 1.3 ounces lighter. Front disc guard is smaller, lighter and vented.
· New 240mm rear brake rotor features works-style pattern and is 1.0 ounce lighter. New plastic disc guard saves 4 grams of weight.
· New gray-color magnesium cylinder-head cover, clutch cover and left sidecover.
· New handgrip design is 3mm longer.
· Powerful four-stroke 249cc liquid-cooled four-valve Unicam® engine (see Technology Section).
· Lightweight titanium intake valves permit the use of smaller valve springs and reduce overall engine height.
· ACG cover, clutch cover and cylinder-head cover are made of magnesium to reduce engine weight.
· Forged 13.1:1-compression slipper piston and rings are lighter than a conventional design, revving quickly while maintaining excellent cylinder sealing and high-rpm power.
· Lightweight, compact, internal, auto decompression system and handlebar-mounted hot-start system provide superb operation, hot or cold.
· Lightweight Nikasil cylinder lining provides cooler and quieter operation for extended engine life.
· 40mm Keihin FCR carburetor features four rollers on the flat slide, resulting in light throttle effort, smooth operation, crisp throttle response and excellent rideability.
· Carburetor features a Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) that helps maintain a linear throttle response throughout the range and new jetting for smoother power response.
· Twin-sump lubrication system separates the oil supply for the crankshaft, piston and valve train from the clutch and transmission. This ensures a cool supply of oil to the clutch, eliminates clutch and transmission material contamination of the engine oil, and reduces the amount of circulating oil, which permits the use of a smaller oil pump.
· Dual-muffler exhaust system centralizes mass and reduces turning inertia to improve the lightweight feel of the bike.
· Dual-muffler exhaust system also increases low-rpm torque.
· Exhaust system uses a lightweight stainless header and repackable aluminum mufflers.
· Gear-driven balancer reduces vibration and drives the water pump.
· Rugged eight-disc clutch and carefully matched clutch springs for light feel at the lever.
· Durable five-speed close-ratio transmission.
· Fourth-generation Twin-Spar Aluminum Frame with forged-aluminum steering head (see Technology Section).
· HPSD features a compact damper attached to the lower triple clamp and the steering head to allow more aggressive steering characteristics and assist straight-line handling. Damping action smoothly progresses as handlebar deflection increases, which produces very natural steering characteristics and feel.
· Front and rear wheels feature HRC works-type lightweight-aluminum spoke nipples.
· Front wheel features large-diameter front axle and wide wheel-bearing span for excellent rigidity.
· Large 25mm rear-axle diameter and large-diameter bearings provide significant rigidity to withstand torturous track conditions.
· Revised, sophisticated Inverted Twin-Chamber Cartridge Fork (see Technology Section).
· Pro-Link® Rear Suspension with new damper settings (see Technology Section).
· Large 50mm diameter for rear shock damper piston for consistent performance under demanding riding conditions.
· Link-type front brake master cylinder and a lightweight brake rotor provide strong braking.
· Compact twin-piston front brake caliper, anodized-aluminum brake pistons and lightweight front brake disc minimize unsprung weight for improved turning and handling.
· HRC works-type rear brake system integrates the rear master cylinder and fluid reservoir, eliminating the separate reservoir and hose.
· Large works-style 240mm front and rear brake discs.
· Frame design allows airbox sidecovers to have larger intake ducts, contributing to significant airflow in the mid- and upper-rpm ranges.
· Rider ergonomics are optimized by adapting the handlebar, seat and footpeg height to place the rider’s legs at the narrowest frame width for improved comfort and handling.
· Dunlop D742FA front and D756 rear tires for improved traction and cornering.
· Front disc brake cover helps protect rotor and caliper from damage.
· Removable rear subframe allows easy maintenance.
· Washable, two-stage foam air filter for optimal engine protection and easy maintenance.
· Comfortable, durable controls and high-quality fasteners.
· Stainless-steel clutch cable for long life.
· Honda Racing – inspired colors and graphics.
· Cleated rear brake pedal and folding shift lever are made of lightweight aluminum and are designed to complement the riding position.
· Brake pedal features optimized ratio to match integrated rear-brake master-cylinder design.
· Wide, cleated, stainless-steel footpegs are self-cleaning, resist corrosion, provide excellent grip and fold for extra ground clearance.
· Aluminum Renthal handlebar (971 bend) is rubber-mounted to help reduce rider fatigue and improve comfort.
· When you buy a new Honda Powersports Product, you may be eligible to receive a complimentary one year membership in the Honda Riders Club of America, which includes an exclusive Members-only magazine, rider training benefits, access to the Members-only Clubhouse website and much more. Some limitations apply. For more information on the HRCA, log on to hrca.honda.com.
2009 Honda CRF250R – USA Specifications
MSRP: 0,000 USD
Engine Type: 249cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 78mm x 52.2mm
Compression Ratio: 13.1:1
Valve Train: Unicam, four-valve; 31mm intake, titanium; 26mm exhaust, steel
Induction: Keihin 40mm flat-slide carburetor with Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)
Ignition: CD with electronic advance
Transmission: Close-ratio five-speed
Final Drive: #520 chain; 13T/51T
Suspension Front: 47mm inverted Showa cartridge fork with 16-position rebound and 16-position compression damping adjustability; 12.4 inches travel
Rear: Pro-Link Showa single shock with spring preload, 17-position rebound damping adjustability, and compression damping adjustment separated into low-speed (13 positions) and high-speed (3.5 turns); 12.4 inches travel
Brakes Front: Single 240mm disc with twin-piston caliper
Rear: Single 240mm disc
Tires Front: 80/100-21
Wheelbase: 58.2 inches
Rake (Caster Angle): 27.9°
Trail: 125mm (4.9 inches)
Seat Height: 38 inches
Ground Clearance: 14.2 inches
Fuel Capacity: 1.9 gallons
Curb Weight*: 227 pounds
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel – ready to ride.
Consult owner’s manual for optional racing parts.
2009 Honda CRF250R – Canada Specifications