2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT
Back to 2009 Kawasaki Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT
2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT
2009 KAWASAKI VULCAN® 900 CLASSIC LT:
LIFE ON THE OPEN ROAD DOESN’T GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS
Stylish traveler won’t break the bank
To create the fully accessorized, ready-to-tour Vulcan® 900 Classic LT cruiser, Kawasaki started with a class-leading Vulcan 900 Classic and boosted its class-leading attributes. Included in the style and touring enhancements were saddlebags, a special touring seat, passenger backrest and an adjustable windshield. Aptly adorned, the Vulcan 900 LT arrives on the showroom floor with just one thing missing — a rider ready to enjoy this Vulcan on the open road.
This mid-size Kawasaki offers the same excellent riding characteristics as the Vulcan 900 Classic – from the fuel-injected 903cc engine which delivers exceptional roll-on acceleration to the nimble chassis sporting classy, flowing cruiser beauty. Its eye-catching touring features only add to this winning mixture of agility and large-displacement power and torque; pleasing anyone who thinks touring represents the ultimate get-away.
At the core of the Classic LT’s touring package are striking, top-grain, reinforced cowhide saddlebags. The leather is carefully selected to minimize flaws and deep-dyed to prevent scraping off the finish. The ideally-sized bags feature a slant-top opening held shut by two 1.5-inch wide leather straps fitted with chrome buckles and stealth quick-release fasteners. The rolled and riveted top lids along with metal reinforced upper edges on the bags help maintain shape and keep unwanted moisture out of the bags. An embossed Vulcan logo on the reinforced, dual panel lids, and chrome plated, brass studs finishes off the look of these bags.
Comfortable seats for the rider and passenger are a must on a tourer. The Classic LT offers both along with a backrest to keep the passenger relaxed and smiling as the miles tick by. Both the seat and the classic passenger backrest are detailed with chrome plated brass studs to match the bags. More touring pleasure comes from the thick, optically correct, acrylic plastic windscreen that delivers a smooth airflow around the rider and passenger.
Once past the 900 Classic LT’s handsome looks, owners will be able to discover themselves enjoying a ride that was previously found only on larger cruisers. Applying lessons learned on the Kawasaki’s Vulcan 2000, the Vulcan 900 models deliver exceptional roll-on acceleration, easy maneuverability, and performance equal to larger displacement competitors.
Break downs are a negative on any trip. The Vulcan 900 Classic LT utilizes a low-maintenance belt drive not only to help avoid undesired stops, but also keep the pounds off and its rear-end style in good form. Speaking of rear-end styling; the 900 Classic LT sports a large, 180mm wide rear tire – the largest in its category. The beefy tire appearance accentuates the classic V-twin rumble courtesy of a single-pin crankshaft. It’s this look and sound that suggest a much larger motorcycle.
However, the Vulcan 900 LT’s sizeable impact shouldn’t alarm potential riders. It has a low seat height and chassis rails that offer a narrow and tapered seat design, which blends comfortably into the tank. This translates into plenty of accessibility for shorter riders and comfort for all riders. Wide handlebars ideally situated with the seat and floorboards, coupled to roomy passenger accommodations make the Vulcan 900 Classic LT a real joy – whether it’s just a run to the store or a multi-day long haul across the country.
The Vulcan 900 Classic LT is available in the following two-tone color combinations: Metallic Diablo Black/Candy Imperial Blue, Candy Diamond Red/Metallic Titanium, and Metallic Titanium/Pearl Crystal White. Whatever the selection is, Classic LT owners will be noticed by everyone they pass along the highway.
Authentic Kawasaki Accessories are available through Kawasaki dealers.
903cc V-twin SOHC Engine
– Smooth and reliable engine tuned to deliver healthy dose of torque at low rpm
– Gear-driven balancer allows use of single pin crankshaft without excessive vibration
– Rubber-mounted to reduce engine vibration at all speeds
Four-valve Cylinder Head
– Provides maximum valve area for optimum flow, creating more power and low-end torque
– Single overhead cam design is simple, lightweight and practical
– Long intake tracts narrow near the combustion chamber to increase intake flow speed for more efficient filling, increased torque and better low-end response
Liquid and Air Cooling
– Finned cylinders and head and liquid cooling combination make for exceptional thermal control
– Maintains consistent engine temperatures for long engine life and sustained power
– Automatic fan helps keep things cool
– Includes temperature warning light
Automatic Cam Chain Tensioner
– Maintains precise valve timing with maintenance
– Assures greater reliability
– Hidden from view to preserve the engine’s clean, basic look
Dual Slash-Cut Mufflers
– Big slash-cut mufflers look great and contain emission reducing honeycomb catalyzers
Positive Neutral Finder
– Find neutral a shift pedal lift away from first gear, every time
Electronic Fuel Injection
– Superb performance and rideability thanks to dual throttle bodies with sub throttles
– The ECU controlled sub throttles are located behind the main throttle valve, allowing the DFI system to provide more precise throttle response, similar to a constant velocity carburetor
– Fine-atomizing fuel injectors produce a fine fuel mist for optimal acceleration, combustion and fuel consumption
– Lower unsprung weight than shaft drive to improve ride quality and suspension action
– Efficiently transfers the power to the rear wheel
– Low maintenance and low noise
Double Cradle Frame
– Very rigid, large-diameter box section backbone allows a larger fuel tank, high stability and lightweight handling at low speeds
– Fork offset and frame geometry combine for light, low-effort handling at ultra-low speeds
– Long wheelbase contributes to highway stability
– Triangular swingarm has a hardtail appearance, but utilizes a single shock hidden beneath the seat
– Long and low chassis for minimal seat height, maximum visual impact
41mm Front Fork
– Excellent rigidity and 5.9 inches of travel
– 32 degrees rake angle offers excellent straight line manners
– Classic look with its wide fork pitch
– Both the 272mm front and 242mm rear rotors feature twin-piston calipers for great power and feel
Spoke Custom Wheels
– Chromed steel rims and spokes
– “Spool-style” polished aluminum front hub
Wide Rear Tire
– 180mm rear tire provides added stability while projecting a powerful image
– Wider tire than that found on most large-displacement cruisers
Tank-Mounted Speedometer with Turn Signal Indicators and Caution Lamps
– Provides riders the crucial information at-a-glance
– Compact design matches the bike’s clean look
Push-to-Cancel Turn Signals
– No fumbling, just a simple push on the switch cancels the turn signals
– Robust, optically correct, acrylic plastic windscreen is shaped for smooth airflow
– Strong chrome plated steel supports enhance its cruiser style
– Adjustable height
– Carefully selected top grain cowhide with minimal flaws and deep dyed for a long-lived finish
– Slant top opening lid, with two 1.5-inch wide leather straps, chrome buckles and quick release fasteners
– Dual panel lid construction with embossed Vulcan logo detail
– Half-inch diameter chrome plated brass stud accents
– Metal reinforced upper edge so bags hold their shape
– Rolled and riveted lid minimizes water entry
Low Stepped Seat
– Ultra-low 26.8-inch seat height allows riders to easily plant both feet on the ground at stops
– Laid-back riding comfort for two
– Detailed with half-inch diameter chrome plated brass studs
– Classic tombstone shape
– Strong chrome plated steel supports
– Pad detailed with chrome plated brass studs
2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT – USA Specifications
Engine: 4-Stroke, liquid-cooled, SOHC, 4-valve per cylinder, V-twin
Displacement: 903cc / 55.1 cu.in.
Bore x stroke: 88.0 x 74.2mm
Compression ratio: 9.5:1
Maximum torque: 58.2 lb.-ft. @ 3,500 rpm
Fuel Injection: EFI with dual 34mm Keihin throttle bodies
Ignition: TCBI with electronic advance
Final drive: Belt
Frame: Semi-double cradle, high-tensile steel
Rake / trail: 32 degrees / 6.3 in.
Wheelbase: 64.8 in.
Front suspension / wheel travel: 41mm hydraulic telescopic fork / 5.9 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel: Uni-Trak® swingarm / 4.1 in.
Front tire: 130/90×16
Rear tire: 180/70×15
Front brake / rear brake: Single 272mm hydraulic disc with two-piston caliper / 242mm hydraulic disc
Overall length: 97.0 in.
Overall width: 39.6 in.
Overall height: 58.3 in.
Seat height: 26.8 in.
Curb weight: 657.1 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 5.3 gal.
Color choices: Two Tone: Metallic Diablo Black / Candy Imperial Blue
Two Tone: Candy Diamond Red / Metallic Titanium
Two Tone: Metallic Titanium /Pearl Crystal White
Warranty: 24 months
Wholesale distributor: Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A.
9950 Jeronimo Road
Irvine, California 92618
2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT – Canada Specifications
2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT – UK Specifications
Not available in the UK
*Prices and specifications subject to change without notice.