Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
Affordable, Fuel-saving Fun
For those beginning their two-wheeled journey, the Ninja® 250R sportbike has always been a great option to start. Its low seat height and peppy engine translate into hours of fun for both novices and veterans. Though its engine may be compact, its eight-valve cylinder head means a rider can wring every bit of enjoyment from each twist of the throttle, from idle to redline. And with sharp styling that matches its supersport siblings, the Ninja 250R looks fast even while standing still. Best of all, the 250R is a great value, with an affordable purchase price and excellent fuel economy.
The fun begins with its 249cc liquid-cooled engine that thrives on high-rpm excitement. The parallel-twin is tuned for peppy power delivery that’s both smooth and predictable, making for a beginner friendly motorcycle. A silky-smooth six-speed transmission lets riders exploit the 250R’s powerband from that low-end grunt to the crowd pleasing and lively top-end rush. Just like the supersports, it uses petal disc brakes. And the lightweight Ninja provides plenty of entertainment from the initial learning curve to beyond.
Wrapping the 250R are the fairing and windscreen that not only look great, but deliver wind protection for a wide range of riding situations. An easy-to-read instrument panel with fuel gauge and neutral indicator is another convenient feature for the new rider.
A natural riding position and comfortable ergonomics combine with lightweight handling, easy controllability and great throttle response for pure pleasure on city streets. Part of this great handling and stability comes from the 17-inch wheels. Bringing the show to a stop are the large petal-shaped 290mm front rotors and a single 220mm rear rotor gripped by powerful two-piston hydraulic calipers. Like Kawasaki’s other Ninja models, the 250R is equipped with quality components and tuned for class-leading performance.
Lightweight and agile, the Ninja 250R boasts low ownership costs and is a dominating force in the entry-level sportbike category.
Authentic Kawasaki Accessories are available through Kawasaki dealers.
2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250R motorcycle model Features
– 249cc parallel-twin liquid-cooled engine emphasizes low- and mid-range power
– Low 30.5-inch seat height boosts new rider confidence
– Six-speed transmission offers smooth shifting under power
– Sporty Ninja® styling matches its supersport brethren
– Petal-shaped disc brakes yield a direct feel at the lever
– 17-inch wheels suit a variety of tire fitments
DOHC 249cc Parallel-Twin cylinder Engine
– Compact parallel-twin design offers good mass centralization for superior handling
– Tuned to deliver smooth, step-free power with an emphasis on low- and mid-range power for rider-friendly response
– Pistons feature reinforced heads and strengthening in the pin boss area for increased durability
– Thick piston (longitudinally) rings help prevent oil consumption
– Combustion chamber design optimized to maximize combustion efficiency and reduce emissions
– Ample high-rpm performance will please riders using the full range of the engine
– Intake and exhaust ports contribute to good off-idle response and smooth power delivery
– Valve timing and lift designed for strong low- and mid-range torque
– Direct valve actuation helps ensure reliable high-rpm operability
– Thin heads and stems on valves for reduced reciprocating weight
– Fine-tuned twin Keihin CVK30 carburetors offer good power feel and low fuel consumption
Reduced Mechanical Noise
– Self-adjusting cam chain tensioner eliminates mechanical noise caused by a loose cam chain and reduces power-robbing friction loss
– Minimizing mechanical noise allows the use of a freer flowing exhaust for better performance
– Complex construction with reinforcing ribs helps eliminate airbox reverberation and reduces intake noise
– Air filter accessible from the side, for easy replacement
– 2-into-1 system contributes to the Ninja 250R’s low- and mid-range torque and smooth, step-free power curve
– Slightly upswept silencer extensively tested to determine chamber size, connecting pipe length and diameter to achieve least noise and most power
– Meets strict emissions with dual catalyzers; one in the collector pipe and the other in the silencer
– Using two catalyzers minimizes power loss
– First catalyzer is positioned close to the exhaust ports for maximum efficiency
– Latest-generation Denso radiator offers superior cooling with minimal space and weight
– Ring fan uses a quiet-running motor that also saves space
– Fins on the lower side of the crankcase helps further cool the engine
– Involute splines reduce friction and backlash between gears and shafts for easier gear meshing and smooth shifting under power
– Spring-type clutch damper reduces hesitation at very low speeds and minimizes shocks when rolling on and off the throttle for a smoother clutch feel
– Paper-base friction plates help increase clutch durability
– Sturdy and durable diamond-style frame of thick-walled steel tubing offers confidence-inspiring stability at both high and low speeds
– Beefy swingarm bracket contributes to the frame’s rigidity and helps achieve an ideal chassis stiffness balance
– Square-tube swingarm with a 60 x 30mm cross section further adds to rigidity
– 37mm telescopic front fork with firm settings contribute to the Ninja 250R’s smooth, stable handling and enhanced ride control
– Uni-Trak® rear suspension complements the rigid frame and provides great road holding ability
– Rear shock features 5-way adjustable preload, enabling ride height to be maintained whether riding solo or with a passenger
– Features 17-inch wheels like its larger supersport siblings
– The use of proper sportbike tires contributes to its easy, neutral handling at low speeds
– Large-diameter, 290mm front petal disc and a balanced action two-piston caliper offer excellent braking performance and a natural, direct feeling at the lever
– Two-piston caliper grips the rear 220mm petal disc
– Natural riding position with slightly forward-slanting seat and wide, raised handlebars
– Styling, fit and finish of striking full-fairing bodywork match its Ninja supersport siblings
– Aggressive dual-lamp headlight design, slim tail cowl and separate seats further enhance the supersport look
– Front cowling and windscreen offer the rider a substantial amount of wind protection
– Two helmet holders conveniently located under the rear seat
– Under-seat storage can hold a U-lock or similar device
– Two hooks under the tail and the rear passenger pegs provide anchor points for securing items to the rear of the bike
– Instrument panel features an easy-to-read, large-face analog speedometer along with an analog tachometer, odometer, trip meter, fuel gauge and warning lights
2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250R motorcycle model Technology
The 249 cc liquid-cooled, DOHC parallel-twin engine was designed for rider-friendly response, the Ninja 250R’s engine was tuned to deliver smooth, step-free power. Riders who use the full range of the engine will be pleasantly surprised by the ample high-rpm performance. To enable riders to enjoy this model for a number of years, many of the engine features contribute to durability and reliability.
Settings for the twin Keihin CVK30 carburettors were idealised for good power feel with low fuel consumption
Idealised intake and exhaust ports contribute to good off-idle response and smooth power delivery.
Direct valve actuation ensures reliable high-rpm operability. Valves with thin heads and stems reduce reciprocating weight. Valve timing and lift weredesigned for low- and mid-range torque.
Piston / Cylinder
Pistons feature reinforced heads and strengthening in the pin boss areafor increased durability. (Longitudinally) thick piston rings helpminimize oil consumption. Combustion chamber design optimizes thesquish area, maximizing combustion efficiency and thereby reducingemissions.
The 2-into-1 exhaust system contributes to low- and mid-range torqueand helps achieve the Ninja 250R’s smooth, step-free power curve.
Slightly upswept silencer underwent extensive testing to determine chambe rdivision ratios and connecting pipe length and diameter. The result is reduced noise with minimum power loss.
Dual catalyzers, one in the collector pipe, one in the silencer, ensure strict emissions are met. Locating the first catalyzer as close to the exhaust ports aspossible maximizes its efficiency. Using two catalyzers enables powerloss to be minimized. (Carburetted models features pipe catalyzers; fuel injected models use honeycomb catalyzers.)
Latest generation Denso radiator offers superior cooling performance while minimising space and weight.
Noise-reducing ring-fan is operated by quiet-running print motor that also contributes to space savings.
Fins on the lower side of the crankcase further contribute to engine cooling.
Mechanical Noise Reduction
Cam chain tensioner like that used on our KX450F motocrosser featuresan automatic adjuster with threads and springs. The systemautomatically eliminates mechanical noise caused by a loose cam chain,reducing power-robbing friction loss.
The air cleaner features acomplex construction with reinforcing ribs that help eliminatereverberation, for reduced intake noise. Extensive testing to determinethe diameter, length and thickness of the intake ducting ensuresefficient filling.
The Ninja 250R features styling that would not be out of place on our larger-displacement Ninja supersport models. The striking full-fairing bodywork has a superb fit and finish that looks as good up close as it does from a distance.
All-new bodywork with new front cowl with a shorter top and a flatter mounted windscreen increases aerodynamic efficiency.
With its slightly forward-slanting seat and wide, raised handlebars, the Ninja 250R offers a natural riding position.
Full dash features easy to read analog dials for speedometer, tachometer and fuel. Also included are trip meters, odometer, and warning lights for neutral, turn signal, high beam, low oil pressure and overheat.
New 2-Into-1 exhaust increases low- and mid-range torque.
Upswept muffler reduces noise without sacrificing power
Dual catalyzers reduce emissions with minimal power loss.
New tail cowl. Smaller footprint with dual seats.
Optional single seat cover can replace the tandem seat for an even more aggressive image.
New Diamond-type frame made of high-tensile steel tubing is both, strong and durable, lightweight for more precise handling and better control.
Good ground and cornering clearance ensures maximum fun on twisty roads..
Rake is decreased by 1 degree compared to the previous EX250 for increased agility at low speeds.
New 37mm front fork. Settings are firmer for less pitching and better handling. Fork seal shield Protects seal from foreign object damage.
New 17” six spokes wheel like its larger supersport brothers.
Wide rims 17xMT2.75 (front) and 17xMT3.50 (rear) support low profile tires (110/70-17, front / 130/70-17, rear).
New Bottom-Link Uni-trak rear suspension. Kayaba shock with 5-way adjustable preload.
Petal disc front brake, just like our Ninja supersport models, offer excellent heat dissipation and contribute to the Ninja 250R’s top-class looks.
Large-diameter, 290 mm front disc gripped by a two-piston, pin-slide mount caliper.
Two-piston, pin-slide mount rear caliper grips the 220 mm rear petal disc.
Box section swingarm has tabs for aftermarket race stand.
2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250R – USA Specifications
MSRP: $3,999 USD
Engine: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, parallel twin
Bore x stroke: 62.0 x 41.2mm
Compression ratio: 11.6:1
Carburetion: Keihin CVK30 x 2
Ignition: TCBI with digital advance
Final drive: O-ring chain
Frame: Semi-double cradle, high-tensile steel
Wheelbase: 55.1 in.
Rake / trail: 26 degrees / 3.2 in.
Front suspension / wheel travel: 37mm hydraulic telescopic fork / 4.7 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel: Bottom-link Uni-Trak® with 5-way adjustable preload / 5.1 in.
Front tire: 110/70-17
Rear tire: 130/70-17
Front brake: Single 290mm hydraulic petal disc with two-piston caliper
Rear brake: Single 220mm petal disc with two-piston caliper
Overall length: 82.1 in.
Overall width: 28.1 in.
Overall height: 43.7 in.
Seat height: 30.5 in.
Curb weight: 374.9 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 4.8 gal.
Color choices / special edition: Ebony, Lime Green / Ebony (SE),
Pearl White / Ebony (SE)
Warranty: 12 months
2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250R – Canada Specifications
MSRP: $4,999 CDN
Type 4-stroke Parallel Twin
Displacement 249 cc
Bore and Stroke 62.0 x 41.2 mm
Compression Ratio 11.6:1
Valve System DOHC, 8 valves
Carburetion CVK 30 mm x 2 (Keihin)
Ignition Digital with anti-hotwire circuit
Lubrication Forced lubrication, semi-dry sump
Transmission 6-speed, return with positive neutral finder
Final Drive Sealed Chain
Primary Reduction Ratio 3.087 (71/23)
Gear Ratios: 1st 2.600 (39/15)
2nd 1.789 (34/19)
3rd 1.409 (31/22)
4th 1.160 (29/25)
5th 1.000 (27/27)
6th 0.893 (25/28)
Final Reduction Ratio 3.214 (45/14)
Clutch Wet multi-disc, cable operation
Type Tube, diamond, steel
Wheel Travel: Front 120 mm
Wheel Travel: Rear 130 mm
Tires: Front 110/70-17 MC (54H)
Tires: Rear 130/70-17 MC (62H)
Caster (Rake) 26°
Trail 83 mm
Steering Angle (left/right) 35º/35º
Front 37 mm telescopic fork
Rear Bottom-Link Uni-Trak with gas-charged shock and 5-way adjustable preload
Front Single, 290 mm petal disc
Front Calipers Single balanced actuation dual piston
Rear Single 220 m petal disc
Rear Caliper Dual-piston
Overall Length 2085 mm
Overall Width 715 mm
Overall Height 1110 mm
Wheelbase 1400 mm
Seat Height 775 mm
Curb Mass 170 kg
Fuel Capacity 18 litres
Fuel Consumption 3.8 L/100 km (74 MPG)
Maximum Power 31 PS @ 11,000 rpm
Maximum Torque 22 N-m @ 9,500 rpm
Colours Ebony, Metallic Imperial Blue, Pearl White / Ebony (Special Edition)
Warranty 12 months
ADDITIONAL COST OPTIONS
Good Times Protection Plan 24 or 36 months (Kawasaki GTPP coverage begins after the standard limited warranty expires)
* The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price does not include freight, pre-delivery inspection or applicable taxes. The final price is at the discretion of the dealer. Prices and Specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
The specifications mentioned here apply to and have been achieved by production models under standard operating conditions. We intend only to give a fair description of the vehicle and its performance capabilities but these specifications may not apply to every machine supplied for sale. Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. reserves the right to alter specifications without prior notice. Equipment illustrated and specifications may vary to meet individual markets. Available colours may vary by market.