2013 Honda CB500F ABS
Back to 2013 Honda Motorcycle Model Review Page
Click photos to enlarge. Our big, clean bike pics make great desktop wallpaper.
2013 Honda CB500F ABS Review
2013 Honda CB500F ABS
Mid-size Sport. Maximum Fun…
There’s an aura of independence and nonconformity that riders gain when they sling a leg over a modern naked bike-and that’s especially true when that naked bike is the all-new Honda CB500F ABS. This modern and sporty 500cc naked bike not only carries a full load of attitude and style, it also delivers a gratifying level of performance and versatility. Whether you’re riding on your daily commute, headed for a weekend backroad blast or just hanging out with your riding buddies, the CB500F ABS serves as a great option for just about any kind of street ride. Its slim profile and comfortable, neutral riding position let riders feel right at home in the saddle, and a sophisticated Honda Pro-Link® rear suspension and big 41mm fork add to the comfortable ride and agile handling. For a unique ride that’s stylish, fun and affordable, it’s tough to top the new CB500F ABS.
The innovative CB500F ABS expands riding enthusiasts’ options with a modern and sporty 500cc sportbike. This image-conscious offering not only carries a full load of attitude, it also delivers a gratifying level of performance and versatility The CB500F ABS has a classic riding position, a 30.9-inch seat height and plenty of room for a variety of riders. It’s an excellent choice for riders ready to move up a displacement class, or for anyone who appreciates a great middleweight motorcycle.
Parallel Twin-Cylinder Engine
An all-new design, built with a high performance liquid-cooled 500cc DOHC parallel twin engine that offers accessible power and a comfortable ride across all RPM ranges.
Classic Riding Position
Not too laid back, not too aggressive, the CB500F ABS’s riding position, is one of the keys to its versatility. The CB500F ABS offers a comfortable sport riding position that’s maneuverable around town or out on the winding road. The lower seat height also makes it easier to get your feet firmly on the ground when stopped.
Practicality Was Never So Much Fun
Its combination of low seat height, light weight, and rider-friendly engine make the CB500F ABS a great choice for commuting, weekend rides, or just getting out and having fun.
2013 Honda CB500F ABS Key Features
– 500cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin
– Naked sportbike styling
– ABS Brakes
– Neutral naked-bike seating position makes for easy maneuvering and keeps the rider comfortable on short rides or longer trips.
– All-new 500cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin DOHC engine is thoroughly modern in design and produces a broad power spread for enjoyable and economical riding.
– Four-valve cylinder head design uses lightweight rocker-arm valve actuation with shim-type valve adjustment.
– Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) continuously monitors several variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture is delivered for the existing riding and atmospheric conditions for crisp throttle response throughout a wide variety of riding conditions.
– Engine counterbalancer and 180-degree crankpin reduce engine vibration for superior rider comfort.
– Preloaded, scissors-type gears for the primary drive and engine counterbalancer gears help reduce engine noise.
– Diamond-shaped 35mm steel tube frame is lightweight and rigid for responsive sport handling.
– Stout 41mm front fork with 4.3 inches of travel returns a plush yet controlled ride.
– Sophisticated Pro-Link single-shock rear suspension offers nine-stage spring preload adjustability and 4.7 inches of controlled travel.
– Lightweight cast aluminum wheels, 120/70-17 in front and 160/60-17 rear, return sporting feel and handling traits.
– Front 320mm wave-style disc brake and 240mm rear provides strong stopping power.
– ABS version for enhanced braking characteristics in less than ideal conditions.
– Blue-tinted instrument display features speedometer, tachometer, odometer/A&B tripmeters, fuel gauge, clock, mpg, average fuel consumption, and current fuel consumption.
– Modest 30.9-inch seat height helps build rider confidence.
– Standard model available in Black or Pearl White. ABS model available in Black only.
– Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
Honda Genuine Accessories†
– Saddlebag Case, Color-Matched Saddlebag Cover, Saddlebag Case Stay, Rear Carrier Base, Rear Carrier, Carbon Fiber-Look Front Fender, Carbon Fiber-Look Rear Headlight Cover, Carbon Fiber-Look Front Headlight Cover, Carbon Fiber-Look Meter Visor, Carbon Fiber-Look Meter Cover, Carbon Fiber-Look Rear Tire Hugger, Under Cowl, Inner Cowl, Seat Cowl, Tank Pad
2013 Honda CB500F ABS Features and Benefits
A full LCD blue-tinted screen features a digital speedometer and tachometer and more, including a clock, odometer, trip meter, real-time and average fuel consumption meters, and illuminated engine diagnostic indicators.
A single 60-watt H4 halogen headlight and multi-facet reflector on the CB500F ABS give the front end a unique look and also project plenty of light on the road for visibility.
Less is more when it comes to the new CB500F ABS. Featuring classic, clean, progressive style, the CB500F ABS is a motorcycle that looks great while still providing incredible value and performance.
Front 320mm wave-style disc brake and 240mm rear provide strong stopping power.
Strong and stylish, the CB500F ABSs cast aluminum wheels are easy to keep clean, look great, and are another CB500F ABS feature that just makes sense.
DOHC Parallel-Twin-Cylinder Engine
Honda twins are famous for their versatility, and the new CB500F ABS engine is one of our best ever. Using the same piston bore size as our CBR600RR sportbike, the parallel-twin engine offers accessible performance across all RPM ranges.
Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI)
Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) continuously monitors several variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture is delivered for the existing riding and atmospheric conditions for crisp throttle response throughout a wide variety of riding conditions.
A motorcycle?s frame is the basis for its handling. A new take on a classic construction, the CB500F ABS?s diamond-shaped 35mm steel-tube mainframe ties to the engine with four mounts, offering a rock-solid foundation for a superior ride and handling.
Pro-Link Rear Suspension
A sophisticated chassis with Honda Pro-Link? rear suspension, with 9-stage preload and 4.1 inches travel, gives you a comfortable ride over small bumps, while capably absorbing bigger bumps to increase riding comfort and handling.
The new CB500F ABS offers a step seat with a low height. Perfect for around-town riding or out in the canyons, it also offers plenty of room for a passenger, and is specially designed to fit a wide range of riders.
Rear Passenger Grips
Sturdy rear passenger grips offer a firm handhold for your passenger or tie-down points for smaller items.
Stainless Steel Exhaust
Beautifully polished stainless steel exhaust is integrated with the rear footpeg set for a clean, functional design. The length and diameter of the exhaust pipe contributes to useable power at all RPM ranges.
Available ABS on the CB500F ABS helps you make smoother, more controlled stops under less-than-ideal conditions.
2013 Honda CB500F ABS – USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $5,999 USD
Model: CB500F ABS
Engine Type: 500cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin
Bore and Stroke: 67.0mm x 66.8mm
Compression ratio: 10.7:1
Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
Induction: PGM-FI with 34mm throttle bodies
Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain
Front: 41mm fork; 4.3 inches travel
Rear: Pro-Link single shock with nine-position spring preload adjustability; 4.7 inches travel
Front: Twin-piston caliper with single 320mm wave disc
Rear: Single-caliper 240mm wave disc
Wheelbase: 55.5 inches
Rake (Caster Angle): 25° 5′
Trail: 103mm (4.05 inches)
Seat Height: 30.9 inches
Fuel Capacity: 4.1 gallons including 0.7-gallon reserve
Estimated Fuel Economy**: TBD
CB500F ABS: Black
Curb Weight*: 424 pounds
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel-ready to ride.
**Miles per gallon values are calculated estimates of fuel consumed during laboratory exhaust emissions tests specified by the EPA, not during on-road riding. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride and maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, cargo and accessories, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
Meets current EPA standards.
Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
Specifications subject to change.
2013 Honda CB500F ABS – Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
Canada MSRP Price: TBA CDN
See 2013 Honda CB500F
2013 Honda CB500F ABS – UK Specifications/Technical Details
UK RRP: £TBA (Prices are recommended and inclusive of VAT @ 20% and delivery)
2013 Honda CB500F ABS – Australia Specifications/Technical Details
Australia MSRP Price: $TBA AU
See 2013 Honda CB500F