Click photos to enlarge. Our big, clean bike pics make great desktop wallpaper.
2015 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic Review
2015 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic on www.Totalmotorcycle.com
A Classic in Every Sense of the Word…
The V-Star 650 Classic features an authentic 40 cubic-inch, air-cooled V-twin. With long, low styling and lots of chrome, the V-Star 650 features clean, quiet shaft drive and an easy to ride demeanor. This entry level V-Star is ready to impress.
2015 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
Beautifully chromed and polished 649cc (40-cubic-inch), air-cooled, SOHC, 2 valves per cylinder, 70 degree, V-twin cranks out torquey low- and mid-range power for smooth cruising performance. Maximum torque occurs at a low 3,000 rpm.
This engine has been designed to produce strong torque and horsepower in the most usable riding range (50 to 120 km/hr).
2015 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic www.Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
• Beautifully chromed and polished 649cc (40-cubic-inch), air-cooled, SOHC, 2 valves per cylinder, 70 degree, V-twin cranks out torquey low- and mid-range power for smooth cruising performance. Maximum torque occurs at a low 3,000 rpm.
• This engine has been designed to produce strong torque and horsepower in the most usable riding range (50 to 120 km/hr).
• Twin Mikuni BDS28 carbs with throttle position sensors (TPS) provide crisp throttle response.
• Wide-ratio, 5-speed transmission ensures extremely usable, cruiser-friendly power delivery. 5th gear is an overdrive gear for reduced engine rpms at highway speeds for a smooth, comfortable ride.
• Light clutch action is perfect for novice riders.
• Transistor controlled ignition (TCI) means sure starts and excellent engine performance. It is a no-maintenance design.
• Classic, side-mounted air cleaner not only adds to styling but also is easy to service the air filter.
• Automatic cam chain tensioners reduce maintenance and mechanical engine noise.
• Low-maintenance shaft drive provides quiet, clean, reliable performance with no chain adjustments or messy lube splatter.
• 2-into-2 chrome exhaust pipes create sleek styling while delivering strong low- and mid-range engine power. The conversion to aftermarket mufflers is fast and simple.
• Heel-toe shifter reinforces that classic image.
• Air Induction System (A.I.S.) reduces harmful CO and HC exhaust emissions.
• Lots of chrome engine parts highlight quality and value.
• Stout, large-diameter, double-cradle steel frame is designed to provide a low seat height with ample rider legroom.
• Long 1,625mm (64″) wheelbase provides a stable ride and predictable handling while creating that long and low retro look.
• Beefy, 41mm front fork offers 140mm (5.5″) of wheel travel to ensure a smooth, comfortable ride.
• Chromed fork shrouds, top triple clamp, and one-piece handlebar holder highlight the show attention to detail.
• 7-step, spring preload-adjustable, single-shock rear suspension allows the rider to tailor spring settings to match load or road conditions. Rear wheel travel is 98mm (3.9″).
• Rear shock is mounted under the engine for that classic, hardtail look. By positioning the shock low in the chassis, it lowers the centre of gravity for a light, easy-to-maneuver feel.
• Single 298mm front disc brake with twin piston caliper delivers strong, confidence-inspiring stopping power.
• Easy-to-adjust rear drum brake with wear indicator
• Plushly padded, low-profile rider and passenger seats provide exceptional rider comfort. The low 710mm (27.9″) seat height allows most riders to put feet firmly on the ground for extra confidence.
• Full-size rider floorboards with floating rubber inserts reduce vibration while providing ample legroom for maximum rider comfort.
• Wide retro-style handlebars evoke a classic design. Extra wide levers provide a quality look and feel.
• Wide front and rear tires fitted to spoked, chrome wheels combine retro styling with solid handling and traction.
• Deeply valanced steel front and rear fenders are both durable and unmistakably classic. Their steel design means they are easy to customize and paint.
• Large, 16-litre fuel tank for an extra long cruising range.
• Beautiful, tank-mounted speedometer features an odometer and tripmeter displays.
• Industry-leading, Star family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents creating a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
• Chrome, 60/55-watt, halogen headlight
• Low-maintenance, sealed battery ensures reliable, no-hassle starting.
• Locking helmet holder
• Locking side cover storage compartment adds convenience and security
• Steering lock
• Self-cancelling turn signals with stylish, clear signal lenses
• Bungee cord tie-down points near passenger footpegs prevent unwanted scratches
2015 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic – www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $NA
Model Not Available
2015 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic – www.Totalmotorcycle.com Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
Canada MSRP Price: $7,499 CDN
Air-cooled,SOHC, 4-valves (2 valves/cyl), 70°, V-twin
BORE AND STROKE
81 x 63mm
5.2kg-m (37.6 ft-lb)@ 3,000 rpm
Mikuni BDS28 x 2
ESTIMATED FUEL CONSUMPTION±
21kpl / 59mpg (Imp.)
IGNITION / STARTING
TCI / Electric
Adjustable link Monocross
Single 298mm disc / twin piston
/// CRITICAL DATA
16 litres (3.5 imp. gallons)
247kg (545 lb)
Specifications, appearance, and price of product are subject to change without notice.
* MSRP does not include freight, PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection), pre-rigging (boats), or taxes. Dealer may sell for less. See your local dealer for out the door pricing.
± Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha and converted into Canadian measurements. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road condition, how you ride, maintain your vehicle, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).