2019 Kawasaki KX250:
The dominating Kawasaki KX™250 motorcycle returns for 2019. Tuned to best suit race-experienced riders, the 249cc liquid-cooled, 4-stroke single’s wide power-band focuses on high-rpm performance that extends way into the over-rev. The slim chassis design contributes to light, nimble handling. The flat seat makes it easy for riders to shift their weight, offering a high level of riding freedom.
The KX250 is built with race-winning components to help Kawasaki riders get to the top step of the podium. From the showroom to the racetrack, the performance of Kawasaki’s KX™ family of motorcycles is proof of its engineering pedigree. It truly is the Bike that Builds Champions.
WITH MORE SUPERCROSS AND PRO MOTOCROSS WINS THAN ALL OTHER OEMS COMBINED, NO ONE ELSE COMES CLOSE TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP-WINNING POWER OF THE KAWASAKI KX™250F MOTORCYCLE. THE BIKE THAT BUILDS CHAMPIONS.
Absolutely nobody can exceed the championship legacy of Kawasaki and the KX™ motorcycle. KX owns more combined professional 250cc and 450cc AMA National Motocross and Supercross titles than any other manufacturer. Explore the tabs below to experience what KX is all about.
THE BIKES THAT BUILD CHAMPIONS
The Kawasaki KX™ motocross lineup is ingrained with a long list of successes that has stemmed from building champions since the start. The entire lineup returns for 2019 with models to build future champions.
The Kawasaki Team Green™ racing team has been the dominant force in amateur racing for more than 35 years, providing contingency and trackside support to racers. As a result, Kawasaki has relied on the aspiring young stars to provide input and to help develop winning products across its lineup.
THE WINNING EDGE
With more supercross and pro motocross wins than all other OEMs combined, no one else comes close to the championship-winning power and race-ready technology of the Kawasaki KX™250. The tradition continues in the 2019 KX250, The Bike That Builds Champions.
2019 Kawasaki KX250 Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
The 2019 KX™250 motorcycle features an engine that delivers increased power across the entire rev range.
Slim, Lightweight Frame
The 2019 KX™250 motorcycle features an engine that delivers increased power across the entire rev range. Get an inside look at the innovative design features.
Downdraft intake design and more upright engine orientation with revised cylinder offset increase overall power
Lightweight race-team-inspired bridged-box bottom piston to optimize combustion efficiency and plateau cylinder honing to help reduce friction
Cylinder head, intake cam, and revised compression ratio contribute to increased power and torque across the rev range
2019 Kawasaki KX250 Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
FRAME & BODYWORK
Slim, lightweight aluminum perimeter frame contributes to razor-sharp cornering and superior handling while the flat seat profile and minimalist bodywork allow easy rider movement.
• Minimalist bodywork is lightweight
• Flat tank and seat allow freedom of movement
• Fuel tank has 1.7 gallons capacity to fuel long motos
• Features durable in-mold graphics
The best way to ensure peak performance is to fine-tune your KX™ motorcycle to fit you. The KX250 can be adjusted to suit a wide range of riders.
SHOWA SEPARATE FUNCTION FORK – TYPE 2
• Advanced separate function fork design separates spring and damping functions for lightweight and fully adjustable performance
• Fine-tuned suspension settings deliver bump absorption and suspension action, making it easier for riders to trace their intended line through corners while offering greater composure when braking and accelerating
• The adjustable handlebar mounts provide a choice of 4-positions (35mm range of adjustment) enabling the rider to set-up an ideal riding position. Factory-style Renthal handlebar and handlebar pad come standard.
• Two-position adjustable footpegs help reduce knee angle when seated
• Footpegs allow the rider to adjust center of gravity by 5mm
The KX™250 features multiple advanced ignition and fuel-mapping systems for precise adjustability.
KX™ FI CALIBRATION KIT (HANDHELD) KAWASAKI GENUINE ACCESSORY
• Kawasaki’s handheld FI controller* eliminates need for computer at the track
• Adjust fuel mapping and ignition settings with factory precision
• Controller enables you to store up to 7 preset maps for different tracks and conditions
• Select a coupler to access 1 of the 3
• Alter the engine characteristic with easy plug-and-play technology
• Standard, hard and soft terrain setting options
INDUSTRY-FIRST LAUNCH CONTROL MODE
MAXIMIZES TRACTION AND ACCELERATION OUT OF THE GATE
• Technology derived from Kawasaki factory race teams
• Activate with push of a button
• Precise ignition timing helps optimize traction, minimizing slippage
• Functions in first and second gears, automatically disengages in third gear
2019 Kawasaki KX250 – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $7749 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $8999 CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Australia MSRP Price: See Dealer for Pricing in AU
Engine 4-stroke, 1-cylinder, DOHC, water-cooled
Bore x Stroke 77.0 x 53.6mm
Compression Ratio 13.4:1
Fuel System DFI® with 43mm Keihin throttle body and dual injectors
Ignition Digital DC-CDI
Transmission 5-speed, return shift
Final Drive Chain
Front Suspension / Wheel Travel 48mm inverted Showa SFF telescopic fork with 40-way spring preload adjustability and 22-position
compression and 20-position rebound damping adjustability/12.2 in
Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel Uni-Trak® linkage system and Showa shock with 19-position low-speed and 4-turns high-speed
compression damping, 22-position rebound damping, fully adjustable spring preload/12.2 in
Front Tire 80/100-21
Rear Tire 100/90-19
Front Brakes Single semi-floating 270mm Braking® petal disc with dual-piston caliper
Rear Brakes Single 240mm Braking® petal disc with single-piston caliper
Frame Type Aluminum perimeter
Rake / Trail 28.4°/4.8 in
Overall Length 85.5 in
Overall Width 32.5 in
Overall Height 50.0 in
Ground Clearance 12.8 in
Seat Height 37.2 in
Curb Weight 230.3 lb**
Fuel Capacity 1.69 gal
Wheelbase 58.2 in
Color Choices Lime Green
Warranty Not Available
Kawasaki Protection Plus™ (optional) Not Available
**Curb weight includes all necessary materials and fluids to operate correctly, full tank of fuel (more than 90 percent capacity) and tool kit (if supplied).
2019 Kawasaki KX250 – Totalmotorcycle.com Canada Specifications/Technical Details
Type 4-stroke, Single
Bore and stroke 77.0 x 53.6 mm
Compression ratio 13.4:1
Valve system DOHC, 4 valves
Fuel system Fuel injection: ø43 mm x 1 (Keihin) with dual injection
Ignition Digital DC-CDI
Lubrication Forced lubrication (semi-dry sump)
Starting Primary Kick
Front: type Single semi-floating 270 mm petal disc
Front: calipers Dual-piston caliper
Rear: type Single 240 mm petal disc
Rear: calipers Single-piston caliper
Overall length 2,170 mm (85.4 in.)
Overall width 825 mm (32.5 in.)
Overall height 1,270 mm
Wheelbase 1,478 mm (58.1 in.)
Ground clearance 324 mm
Seat height 945 mm
Curb mass** 104.5 kg
Fuel capacity 6.4 litres
Transmission 5-speed, constant mesh, return shift
Final drive Chain
Primary reduction ratio 3.350 (67/20)
Gear ratio: 1st 2.142 (30/14)
Gear ratio: 2nd 1.750 (28/16)
Gear ratio: 3rd 1.444 (26/18)
Gear ratio: 4th 1.235 (21/17)
Gear ratio: 5th 1.045 (23/22)
Final reduction ratio 3.846 (50/13)
Clutch Wet multi-disc, manual
Type Perimeter, aluminum
Wheel travel: front 310 mm
Tire: front 80/100-21 51M
Wheel travel: rear 310 mm (12.2 in.)
Tire: rear 100/90-19 57M
Caster (rake) 28.4°
Trail 123 mm (4.8 in.)
Steering angle (left/right) 42° / 42°
Suspension, front 48 mm inverted Separate Function front Fork (SFF) Type 2 with 22-position compression, 20-position rebound damping and 40-position spring preload
Suspension, rear Uni-Trak linkage system shock with 19-way low-speed and 4-turn high-speed compression damping, 22-way rebound damping and fully adjustable spring preload
* The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price does not include freight, pre-delivery inspection or applicable taxes. The final price is at the discretion of the dealer. Prices and Specifications are subject to change without prior notice. The amount indicated as “Your price” may include an optional instant Mega Cash credit that is deducted from the manufacturer’s suggested retail price before taxes. This promotion is time limited and certain conditions will apply. See your dealer for complete details. Offer not available on financed purchases and cannot be combined with any other special offers. The final price is at the discretion of the dealer. Prices and Specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
** Includes all necessary materials and fluids to operate correctly, full tank of fuel (more than 90% of capacity) and tool kit (if supplied)
‡ Power / Torque figures measured at the crankshaft.
The specifications mentioned here apply to and have been achieved by production models under standard operating conditions. We intend only to give a fair description of the vehicle and its performance capabilities but these specifications may not apply to every machine supplied for sale. Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. reserves the right to alter specifications without prior notice. Equipment illustrated and specifications may vary to meet individual markets. Available colours may vary by market.
2019 Kawasaki KX250 – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
2019 Kawasaki KX250 – Totalmotorcycle.com Australian Specifications/Technical Details
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).