NIMBLE OFFROAD MASTER.
2020 KTM 150 XC-W TPI:
This nimble, lightweight, extreme terrain master is all new for 2020 and now, proudly features the TPI (transfer port injection) letters next to its name. This means that there is no longer a need for re-jetting or mixing fuel, making this easy-to-shred thoroughbred even simpler to ride and work on. Already recognized for its supreme agility, the new KTM 150 XC-W TPI benefits from a brand-new frame with improved flex characteristics that, together with the many other new changes, helps elevate rider and machine to incredible new levels of competence.
“XC” means cross-country. “W” represents its wide-ratio transmission. “KTM” stands for winning. This nimble, lightweight, extreme terrain master is all new for 2020 and now proudly features the “TPI” (transfer port injection) letters next to its name. This means that there is no longer a need for rejetting or mixing fuel, making this race-ready machine even simpler to ride and work on. Already recognized for its supreme agility, the new KTM 150 XC-W TPI benefits from a brand-new frame with improved flex characteristics that, together with a list of refinements including new bodywork and updated suspension, helps elevate rider and machine to incredible new levels of performance.
2020 KTM 150 XC-W TPI Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
▪ NEW 143.99 cc 2-stroke engine fitted with a patented TPI fuel injection system for perfect
fueling at any altitude, no premixing and reduced fuel consumption while still living up to the
standard of a KTM 2-stroke.
▪ NEW cylinder with two injectors placed in the rear transfer ports for excellent downstream
atomization of fuel and new exhaust port timing with CNC machined edge for improved
bottom-end power and performance across the rpm range.
▪ NEW cylinder head with optimized combustion chamber and new water temperature sensor.
▪ EMS featuring a new ECU controlling ignition timing and fuel based on information from
sensors reading intake air pressure, throttle position, water temperature and ambient air
pressure from a new additional sensor that improves altitude compensation.
▪ An optional map select switch allows the rider to select an alternate map, providing a sportier
power delivery, while the standard map is set for smoother and more tractable offroad
▪ NEW 39 mm throttle body by Dell’Orto with reworked idle and cold start systems for better
adjustability of idle speed and cold start enrichment.
▪ Electronic oil pump feeds oil from the 700 cc oil tank to the intake to ensure a perfect fuel-oil
mix under any condition while reducing smoking by 50% and providing up to 5 tanks of fuel.
▪ NEW graphics for a READY TO RACE appearance.
▪ NEW frame developed in collaboration with KTM factory racers feature improved stiffness
for outstanding handling and straight-line stability.
▪ NEW aluminum head stays for improved engine fixation.
▪ NEW 40 mm longer subframe provides improved rear fender stability.
▪ NEW bodywork designed with superior ergonomics for increased freedom of movement and
improved handling and comfort.
▪ NEWLY shaped seat offers better ergonomics and comfort for long rides in demanding
▪ NEW air box and intake boot provide maximum protection of the air filter against soiling and
better airflow for optimal performance.
▪ NEW fuel tank with improved ergonomics.
▪ NEW exhaust pipe with optimized shape for improved bottom-end power.
▪ NEW silencer with aluminum brackets replacing the plastic mounting system, new silencer
core and lighter packing for a 60 g reduction in weight.
▪ NEW stronger and super light Lithium-Ion battery offers better starting and reduced weight
for improved handling.
▪ REWORKED wiring harness and packaging for a compact electrical system.
▪ NEWLY designed radiators with an optimized cooling system for more efficient cooling and
12 mm lower mounting position for improved handling.
▪ UPDATED WP XPLOR forks with a split-function design feature a new calibrated mid-valve
piston for more consistent damping, new fork caps with new adjusters and new settings to
keep the front end higher for better rider feedback and increased bottoming resistance.
▪ UPDATED WP XPLOR rear shock with PDS technology features a new second piston and
reworked shape of the sealing cup for improved bottoming resistance while new settings
offer improved comfort.
▪ 6-speed PANKL wide ratio transmission is perfectly suited for offroad duty.
▪ The hydraulic Brembo clutch system offers light operation and highly controllable modulation
of the clutch.
▪ High-tech Brembo brakes have always been standard equipment on KTM offroad bikes and
are combined with lightweight Wave discs for maximum performance.
▪ KTM’s “No Dirt” foot peg design keeps the pegs pivot from becoming clogged, ensuring the
foot peg is always in the correct position.
▪ Super lightweight Galfer Wave rotors, CNC machined hubs, high-end Giant rims and Dunlop
GEOMAX AT81 tires.
▪ “No Dirt” shift lever prevents dirt from fouling the lever joint to ensure proper shifting in any
2020 KTM 150 XC-W TPI Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
ENGINE & EXHAUST
KTM sets the benchmark in technology with its vast range of race-winning offroad competition 2-stroke models. Two years after the introduction of the world’s first 2-stroke electronically controlled fuel injection offroad models, the success story continues with completely reworked, new generation offroad competition engines, all fitted with the revolutionary TPI system. This now also includes the KTM 150 XC-W TPI, further demonstating KTM’s unrelenting commitment to 2-stroke advancement. The benefits are clear: besides huge improvements in fuel efficiency and exhaust emissions, the system also removes the need for pre-mixing fuel and re-jetting, meaning that with less effort, the engine always runs smoothly and crisply.
When it comes to 2-stroke weaponry, keeping weight down is key. It should come as no surprise then that the KTM 150 XC-W TPI is one of the lightest, slimmest and most agile offroad machines in its class.
ERGONOMICS & COMFORT
Designed for complete harmony between rider and bike, KTM has exploited the knowledge from decades of race success to create perfect ergonomics on the KTM 150 XC-W TPI. Maximum rider comfort and movement in all conditions is guaranteed. Additionally, the bike features a new tail light design which fits perfectly to the new shape of the rear fender and the number plate carrier.
BODYWORK & GRAPHICS
With input from KTM’s factory riders, as well as KTM R&D and Kiska Design, the new bodywork of the KTM 150 XC-W TPI pushes the boundaries of progression even further. The result is a shape across the entire range, that achieves complete harmony between rider and bike. The main goal was to provide the optimal contact points that allow a rider maximum freedom of movement and improved handling. The front and rear fenders feature an intelligent I-beam design, guaranteeing maximum stability with the lowest possible weight. A new tail light design fits perfectly to the new shape of the rear fender and the number plate carrier. The new in-mold graphics confirm the high-performance intentions of this bike, as well as KTM’s never-ending quest for race-winning progression.
SOFTWARE & ELECTRONICS
KTM XC-W TPI models feature the most modern engine management system of any 2-stroke off-road motorcycle. By reading various sensor data inputs, such as intake and ambient air pressure, throttle valve position and water temperature, the control unit optimizes ignition timing and the amount of fuel to inject at all altitudes and conditions.
2020 KTM 150 XC-W TPI – Totalmotorcycle.com International Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $See Dealer for pricing in USD
Canada MSRP Price: $ See Dealer for Pricing in CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ See Dealer for Pricing in GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Australia MSRP Price: See Dealer for Pricing in AU
Engine Type: Single Cylinder, 2-Stroke
Displacement: 143.99 cc
Bore/Stroke: 58/54.5 mm
Starter: Electric, Lithium Ion 12 V 2 Ah / Kickstarter
Transmission: 6 Gears, Wide Ratio
Fuel System: TPI, Dell’Orto 39 mm Throttle Body
Lubrication: Electronically Regulated Oil Pump
Primary Ratio: 23:73
Final Drive: 13:50
Cooling: Liquid Cooling
Clutch: Wet Multi-Disc Clutch, Brembo Hydraulics
Ignition: Continental EMS
Frame: Central Double-Cradle Type 25CrMo4 Steel
Handlebar: NEKEN, Aluminum Ø 28/22 mm
Front Suspension: WP XPLOR USD Ø 48 mm
Rear Suspension: WP XPLOR Shock with PDS
Su spension Travel Front / Rear: 300 mm / 11.8 in; 310 mm / 12.2 in
Front/Rear Brakes: Disc Brake 260 mm; 220 mm
Front/Rear Rims: 1.60 x 21” / 2.15 x 18” Giant
Front/Rear Tires: 90/90-21” / 110/100-18” Dunlop GEOMAX AT81
Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in
Steering Head Angle: 26.5º
Triple Clamp Offset: 22 mm
Wheelbase: 1,471 mm ± 10 mm / 57.9 ± 0.4 in
Ground Clearance: 370 mm / 14.6 in
Seat Height: 960 mm / 37.8 in
Tank Capacity, Approx: 9 l / 2.4 gal
Weight (without fuel), Approx: 96.8 kg / 213.4 lbs
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).