DYNAMIC AND POWERFUL.
2020 KTM 500 XCF-W:
Stand back or hold on tight, this is the most powerful offroad bike on the market. New for 2020, the KTM 500 XCF-W packs a thrilling 4-stroke punch while still delievring outstanding rideability. Thanks to a completely reworked chassis and its even more compact high-tech engine, this large-displacement power machine is surprisingly light with excellent agility. As a result, this awesome 510 cc SOHC single cylinder bombshell has an incredible power-to-weight ratio and provides nothing less than the most dynamic offroad experience available.
2020 KTM 500 XCF-W Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
▪ NEW offroad-only model that sheds the signals and mirrors and features more aggressive
mapping and a less restrictive power pack than the KTM 500 EXC-F, meaning more power
to put to the ground through the full-knobby tires and a lighter overall weight.
▪ NEW graphics for a READY TO RACE appearance.
▪ NEW frame developed in collaboration with KTM factory racers feature improved stiffness for
outstanding handling and straight-line stability.
▪ NEW aluminum head stays for improved engine fixation.
▪ NEW 40 mm longer subframe provides improved rear fender stability.
▪ NEW bodywork designed with superior ergonomics for increased freedom of movement and
improved handling and comfort.
▪ NEWLY shaped seat offers better ergonomics and comfort for long rides in demanding
▪ NEW air box and velocity stack provide maximum protection of the air filter against soiling
and better airflow for optimal performance.
▪ NEW fuel tank with improved ergonomics and optimized fuel pump assembly.
▪ NEW exhaust system is more compact and shorter for better mass centralization and
features a new 2-piece header design for improved performance and easier mounting.
▪ NEW stronger and super-light Lithium-Ion battery offers better starting and reduced weight
for improved handling.
▪ REWORKED wiring harness and packaging for a compact electrical system.
▪ NEWLY designed radiators with an optimized cooling system for more efficient cooling and
12 mm lower mounting position for improved handling.
▪ NEW König piston with a 10% lighter piston pin delivers reduced vibration and increased
performance. Compression ratio is increased from 11.7 to 12.75:1 for even more power
across the rpm range.
▪ NEW SOHC cylinder is 500 g lighter and 15 mm shorter for exceptional mass centralization
▪ NEW 300 g lighter engine cases with a centralized shaft configuration to move the crankshaft
closer to the bike’s center of gravity for light handling.
▪ NEW reinforced clutch cover for improved resistance against impacts in rocky terrain.
▪ NEW port shape for improved gas flow and new camshaft for better mass centralization.
▪ NEW rocker arms feature an optimized and stiffer design with reduced inertia guaranteeing
more constant performance up to the rpm limit.
▪ NEW valves (intake: titanium valves 40 mm, exhaust: steel valves 33 mm) which are shorter
and adapted to the new head design.
▪ 42 mm Keihin throttle body provides instant throttle response and crisp fueling and features
new cable routing.
▪ 6-speed wide ratio transmission is perfectly suited for offroad duty.
▪ UPDATED WP XPLOR forks with a split-function design feature a new calibrated mid-valve
piston for more consistent damping, new fork caps with new adjusters and new settings to
keep the front end higher for better rider feedback and increased bottoming resistance.
▪ UPDATED WP XPLOR rear shock with PDS technology features a new second piston and
reworked shape of the sealing cup for improved bottoming resistance while new settings
offer improved comfort.
▪ Updated selectable maps put the enhanced engine characteristics under the control of the
rider with the simple push of a button.
▪ Handlebar map switch selects between the two updated maps and activates traction and
launch control for a race-winning edge over the competition.
▪ The hydraulic Brembo clutch system offers light operation and highly controllable modulation
of the clutch.
▪ High-tech Brembo brakes have always been standard equipment on KTM offroad bikes and
are combined with lightweight Wave discs for maximum performance.
▪ KTM’s “No Dirt” foot peg design keeps the pegs pivot from becoming clogged, ensuring the
foot peg is always in the correct position.
▪ Super lightweight Galfer Wave rotors, CNC machined hubs, high-end Giant rims and Dunlop
GEOMAX AT81 tires.
▪ “No Dirt” shift lever prevents dirt from fouling the lever joint to ensure proper shifting in any
2020 KTM 500 XCF-W Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
ENGINE & EXHAUST
KTM continues its evolution of the sport of enduro with a new range of world-beating 4-stroke engines. The race-winning performance of KTM’s pros has filtered through to these powerful new motors, proving they’re capable of taking you to the front straight out of the crate. The reworked engines are the most competitve, compact and light engines on the market, setting the benchmark in Enduro-specific performance, rideabilty and reliability. This means they are capable of winning in each engine class, from amateur level to the fastest professionals.
KTM engineers take weight loss seriously. As a result, they have crafted the 2020 KTM XCF-W models to be the slimmest, lightest and quickest-turning offroad bikes available. And with an E-starter as standard, getting the big single turned over is as simple as pressing a button.
ERGONOMICS & COMFORT
Designed for complete harmony between rider and bike, KTM has exploited the knowledge from decades of race success to create perfect ergonomics on the KTM 500 XCF-W. Maximum rider comfort and movement in all conditions is guaranteed.
BODYWORK & GRAPHICS
With input from KTM’s factory riders, as well as KTM R&D and Kiska Design, the new bodywork of the KTM 500 XCF-W pushes the boundaries of progression even further. The result is a shape across the entire range, that achieves complete harmony between rider and bike. The main goal was to provide the optimal contact points that allow a rider maximum freedom of movement and improved handling. The front and rear fenders feature an intelligent I-beam design, guaranteeing maximum stability with the lowest possible weight. A new tail light design fits perfectly to the new shape of the rear fender and the number plate carrier. The new in-mold graphics confirm the high-performance intentions of this bike, as well as KTM’s never-ending quest for race-winning progression.
SOFTWARE & ELECTRONICS
The state-of-the-art KEIHIN engine management system, with electronic fuel injection, features a new 42 mm throttle body, which provides an instantaneous response and maximum performance thanks to its unique injector position. The ECU features new maps adapted to the new exhaust, airbox and engine configuration and it regulates the unique traction control which can be activated by an optional map select switch. In addition, the ECU provides different maps for optimal power characteristics for each gear according to the information received by the gear sensor.
2020 KTM 500 XCF-W – Totalmotorcycle.com International Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $See Dealer for pricing in USD
Canada MSRP Price: $ See Dealer for Pricing in CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ See Dealer for Pricing in GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Australia MSRP Price: See Dealer for Pricing in AU
Engine Type: Single Cylinder, 4-Stroke
Displacement: 510.9 cc
Bore/Stroke: 95 / 72 mm
Starter: Electric, Lithium Ion 12 V 2 Ah
Transmission: 6 Gears, Wide Ratio
Fuel System: Keihin EFI, 42 mm
Lu brication: Pressure Lubrication with 2 Pumps
Primary Ratio: 31:76
Final Drive: 14:45
Cooling: Liquid Cooling
Clutch: Wet Multi-Disc DDS-Clutch, Brembo Hydraulics
Ignition: Keihin EMS
Frame: Central Double-Cradle Type 25CrMo4 Steel
Handlebar: NEKEN, Aluminum Ø 28/22 mm
Front Suspension: WP XPLOR USD Ø 48 mm
Rear Suspension: WP XPLOR Shock with PDS
Suspension Travel Front/Rear: 300 mm / 11.8 in; 310 mm / 12.2 in
Front/Rear Brakes: Disc Brake 260 mm / 220 mm
Front/Rear Rims: 1.60 x 21” / 2.15 x 18” Giant
Front/Rear Tires: 90/90-21” / 110/100-18” Dunlop GEOMAX AT81
Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in
Steering Head Angle: 26.5º
Triple Clamp Offset: 22 mm
Wheelbase: 1,482 mm ± 10 mm / 58.3 ± 0.4 in
Ground Clearance: 355 mm / 14 in
Seat Height: 960 mm / 37.8 in
Tank Capacity, Approx: 8.5 L / 2.25 gal
Weight (without fuel), Approx: 106.6 kg / 235 lbs
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).