2021 Honda CRF150R: LIGHTER. FASTER. AND RAZOR SHARP.
Introducing the 2021 Honda CRF150R…
Honda’s smallest motocrosser is available in both standard and Big Wheel versions (the latter targeted to suit taller riders, offering larger wheels, a higher seat and additional rear-suspension travel). The powersports industry’s top-selling mini motocrosser, the CRF150R has a Unicam® four-stroke engine—unique in the mini MX world—that delivers smooth, ample torque across the rev range. The Showa® suspension components comprise a 37 mm inverted fork and a Pro-Link® rear-suspension system with a single Showa shock.
Competitive performance for juniors.
Big wheels, a sturdy chassis, a powerful, liquid-cooled 4-stroke engine – Packed full of high performance technology, the CRF150R is the best place for future champions to hone their skills.
The journey goes on.
When things start to get more competitive you need a bike that can step up with you. This is it – the CRF150R. Armed with a powerful 4-stroke Unicam® engine, that’s smooth and easy to control, a light twist-grip action gives accurate throttle response while its wide rev-range leaves other riders trailing in the roost. Now, you’re ready.
2021 Honda CRF150R Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
ENGINE / DRIVETRAIN
- High-performance Unicam cylinder-head design
- Compact, lightweight engine assembly weighs only 43.6 pounds
- Twin-sump lubrication system separates the oil supply for the crankshaft, piston and valve train from the clutch and transmission. This ensures a supply of cool oil to the clutch, eliminates potential clutch and transmission material contamination of the engine oil, reduces the amount of circulating oil, and permits the use of a smaller oil pump
- Cylinder head, piston, camshaft, and carburetor provide power, torque, and rideability throughout the powerband
- Lightweight, compact, internal auto decompression and handlebar-mounted hot-start system provide easy starting, hot or cold
- 32 mm Keihin FCR carburetor with an accelerator-pump circuit provides accurate fuel metering, resulting in crisp throttle response and good rideability throughout the powerband
- Suspension settings provide good action through even the toughest of track conditions
- Exhaust system uses a lightweight stainless-steel header and re-packable aluminum muffler
- Durable close-ratio five-speed transmission\
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION
- Front and rear suspension settings unique to the CRF150R deliver ideal bump-absorption characteristics
- Lightweight, high-tensile steel frame with large-diameter frame tubing and cross-member provides excellent turning performance and straight-line tracking
- 37 mm leading-axle inverted Showa cartridge fork features friction-reducing design to improve compression and rebound control
- Pro-Link rear suspension
- Strong, lightweight wheels are durable and minimize unsprung weight
- Lightweight front and rear disc brakes with high-performance pads offer powerful, precise braking
- Stout 15 mm front and 17 mm rear axles incorporate a surface-treatment for added strength and durability
- Large-capacity airbox and reusable two-stage foam air filter
- Lightweight plastic body components (radiator shroud, side covers, rear fender, seat base, fuel tank, front fender, and front number plate) offer a slim, aggressive style
- High-quality Dunlop tires
- HRC works-type rear-brake system integrates the rear master cylinder and fluid reservoir, eliminating the separate rear master-cylinder reservoir and hose
2021 Honda CRF150R Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
EVERY RACER NEEDS A GREAT START
Competition teaches lessons at every age. Determination. Discipline. Self confidence. Responsibility. But to learn about winning, you need a motorcycle you can win on. And that’s where the Honda CRF150R comes in. Competition ready, it’s tailor-made for younger champions. With a single-cylinder Unicam® engine that packs a punch, they’ll have every advantage, right out of the gate. And for taller riders there’s the CRF150R Expert, with bigger wheels, a longer swingarm and higher seat. These two bikes give them what they need on the track—it’s your job to coach them on their podium speech.
The CRF150R uses a Unicam engine based on our championship-winning CRF450R. Designed to give you excellent rideability and more power and torque across the rev range, the engine runs consistently at different tracks—it’s an all-around winner.
The CRF150R uses a carburetor featuring a “direct push” accelerator pump which gives you better, more immediate throttle response.
A lightweight, high-tensile steel frame with large-diameter frame tubing and crossmember delivers excellent turning performance and straight-line tracking.
PRO-LINK® REAR SUSPENSION
The CRF150R’s Pro-Link® rear-suspension system features a fully adjustable Showa® shock for superb bump absorption and wheel control.
The adjustable 37mm leading-axle inverted Showa® cartridge fork features specially tuned valving for small bumps and a friction-reducing design to improve compression and rebound control.
FRONT DISC BRAKE
The front disc brake provides powerful, precise braking.
Strong, lightweight wheels are durable and minimize unsprung weight.
REAR DISC BRAKE
The rear disc brake provides powerful, precise braking.
BIG-BIKE MX GRAPHICS
The CRF150R features clean, bold, bright graphics that look like our CRF450R’s. Look like a pro, ride like a pro.
2021 Honda CRF150R – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $6999 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $ See Dealer CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
|Model||CRF150R||CRF150R Big Wheel|
|Type||147.7cc water-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke|
|Valve Train||Unicam®, four-valve; 26mm intake, steel; 22.5mm exhaust, steel|
|Bore x Stroke||66.0mm x 43.7mm|
|Induction||Keihin 32mm flat-slide carburetor w/ Throttle Position Sensor (TPS|
|Ignition||CD w/ electronic advance|
|Driveline||#420 chain; 15T/50T||#420 chain; 15T/56T|
|Transmission||Close-ratio 5-speed manual|
|Front||37mm fully adjustable leading-axle inverted conventional Showa cartridge fork; 10.8 in. travel|
|Rear||Pro-Link fully adjustable Showa single shock; 10.7 in. travel||Pro-Link fully adjustable Showa single shock; 11.1 in. travel|
|Front||Single 220mm disc|
|Rear||Single 190mm disc|
|Rake (castor angle)||27°02’||27°48’|
|Trail||78mm (3.1 in.)||96mm (3.8 in.)|
|Length||72.1 in.||74.8 in.|
|Height||44.6 in.||46.1 in.|
|Seat Height||32.8 in.||34.1 in.|
|Ground Clearance||11.9 in.||13.2 in.|
|Wheelbase||49.6 in.||50.6 in.|
|Fuel Capacity||1.1 gal.|
|Curb Weight*||185 lbs.||187 lbs.|
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride
Meets current CARB and EPA emissions standards
2021 Honda CRF150R – Totalmotorcycle.com Canada Specifications/Technical Details
See Big Wheel Version
2021 Honda CRF150R – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
Bore × Stroke (mm) 66 x 43.8
Carburation 32mm Keihin FCR flat slide carburettor with throttle position sensor (TPS)
Compression Ratio 11.7:1
Engine Displacement (cc) 149.7
Engine Type Liquid-Cooled 4-Stroke 4-Valve Unicam Single
Brakes Front 220mm hydraulic disc with single-piston caliper and sintered metal pads
Brakes Rear 190mm hydraulic disc with single piston caliper and sintered metal pads
Suspension Front 37mm inverted Showa leading-axle telescopic fork with adjustable compression and rebound damping; 275mm axle travel
Suspension Rear Pro-Link with single Showa damper, adjustable compression and rebound damping; 273mm axle travel
Tyre Size Front 70/100-19
Tyre Size Rear 90/100-16
Wheels Front Aluminium rim/wire spoke
Wheels Rear Aluminium rim/wire spoke
Dimensions and Weights
Caster Angle 27°
Dimensions (L×W×H) (mm) 1,900 x 770 x 1,171
Frame type Semi-double; Steel tube
Fuel Tank Capacity (Litres) 4.3 litres
Ground Clearance (mm) 336
Kerb Weight (kg) 84.4
Seat Height (mm) 866
Trail (mm) 96
Wheelbase (mm) 1285
Clutch Wet, multiplate
Final Drive #420 Roller Chain
Instruments and Electrics
Ignition System Solid-state Capacitor Discharge (CDI) with electronic advance
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).