2021 Honda CRF50F: EVERYBODY’S FAVORITE TEACHER.
Introducing the 2021 Honda CRF50F…
Based on its popularity (it’s the powersports industry’s number-one 50cc trail bike – by a considerable margin), but also on its features, there’s simply no better choice for introducing kids to motorcycling than the CRF50F. The pocketsize machine is armed with a fun-but-reliable 49cc air-cooled four-stroke engine with an automatic clutch, and its 10-inch wheels and low seat height instill confidence in young riders who are just getting started on collecting lifetimes of motorcycling memories.
Learning’s a lot easier when your teacher makes it fun. And that’s the whole idea behind the Honda CRF50F. Not only is it the perfect size, it also offers a great combination of features. There’s its reliable, four-stroke engine, tuned to deliver smooth, easy-to-use power. Its three-speed transmission uses an automatic clutch, so a rider learns to shift without worrying about stalling—a great lesson plan there. It even has an adjustable throttle limiter and keyed ignition, so you control who rides, when, and how much power the CRF50F puts out. Today’s riding lesson? Start them out on a Honda CRF50F.
Be A Responsible Rider: All parents need to consider their youngsters’ age, size, ability and maturity before allowing them to ride. Obtain a copy of “Off-Road Safety Tips” from your local Honda Dealer.
2021 Honda CRF50F Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
ENGINE / DRIVETRAIN
For youngsters who are new to riding, the priority is having fun, while parents typically look for reliability and ease of maintenance. The CRF50F’s little SOHC power plant delivers both, along with a quiet exhaust note and a USDA-approved spark arrestor.
- Dependable 49cc SOHC four-stroke engine develops smooth, easy-to-use power.
- 10.0:1 compression ratio for good performance and easy kick starting.
- Maintenance-free CD ignition and automatic cam-chain tensioner.
- 11mm piston-valve carburetor offers excellent fuel mileage and throttle response throughout the rpm range.
- Smooth-shifting three-speed transmission and automatic clutch offer simple operation and easy takeoffs.
- Durable #420 drive chain offers dependable operation and low maintenance.
- USDA-qualified muffler/spark arrester is efficient and quiet.
- Closed-crankcase ventilation system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
- Adjustable throttle limiter.
- Keyed ignition switch prevents unauthorized use.
- Easy-access washable foam air filter simplifies maintenance.
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION
With a kid-friendly layout and low seat height, the CRF50F is unintimidating for young new riders, but serious features like an inverted fork and single-shock rear suspension mean this motorcycle also delivers performance. In addition, colors and graphics that mimic those of the CRF Performance line spark little riders’ phantasies as they play Ken Roczen make-believe.
- High-tensile steel frame and swingarm offer excellent balance of strength and compliance.
- Inverted telescopic fork offers a plush 3.7 inches of suspension travel.
- Single-shock rear suspension provides 2.7 inches of well-damped travel and is mounted to a reinforced swingarm.
- 28-spoke, 10-inch-diameter wheels with die-cast-aluminum hubs look great, provide excellent maneuverability and offer smooth ride quality.
- Powerful, lightweight front and rear drum brakes.
- Wide, long-wearing off-road tires offer excellent traction.
- Front and rear suspension spring and damping rates for optimum rider comfort and bump absorption.
- CRF-R-inspired bodywork, with colors and graphics that celebrate the Honda Racing lineage.
- Narrow 4.3-inch-wide CRF-type seat, slim fuel tank and extra-low 21.6-inch seat height provide excellent comfort and mobility for a broad range of young riders.
- Motocross-style handlebar with padded protector.
- High-quality, comfortable grips.
- Folding, cleated foot pegs offer secure footing even in muddy conditions.
- Durable plastic fenders are nearly indestructible.
USA Pricing: $1,599 USD
Availability: June 2020
2021 Honda CRF50F Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
DURABLE, LOW-MAINTENANCE ENGINE
If there’s one thing you can count on with a Honda, it’s the engine. The CRF50F’s Honda four-stroke is famously reliable. That cuts down on frustration and hassles.
A removable key helps ensure younger riders can’t ride without an adult’s supervision. Got their homework done early? Let’s go riding!
ADJUSTABLE THROTTLE LIMITER
Set the top speed by turning a screw. That helps keep new riders from going too fast, too soon, and lets you match the CRF50F’s power output to the rider’s skill level.
RUGGED STEEL FRAME
New riders are hard on equipment, especially when they’re just starting out. That’s why the CRF50F uses a strong steel frame that’s built to handle the bumps and dings of off-road riding.
Because there’s no clutch lever to master, new riders don’t have to worry about stalling. That makes the CRF50F the perfect tool for learning to shift. In addition, the smooth transmission offers three gear ratios.
2021 Honda CRF50F – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: starting from $1599 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $ See Dealer for pricing in CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Engine Type 49cc air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore And Stroke 39.0mm x 41.4mm
Compression Ratio 10.0:1
Valve Train SOHC; two-valve
Induction 13mm piston-valve carburetor
Transmission Three-speed with automatic clutch
Final Drive #420 chain; 14T/37T
CHASSIS SUSPENSION BRAKES
Front Suspension Inverted telescopic fork; 3.5-inches of travel
Rear Suspension Single-shock; 2.8-inches of travel
Front Brake Drum
Rear Brake Drum
Front Tire 2.50-10
Rear Tire 2.50-10
Rake (Caster Angle) 25.0°
Trail 32.0mm (1.3 inches)
Wheelbase 36.0 inches
Seat Height 21.6 inches
Ground Clearance 5.8 inches
110 pounds (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of
fuel—ready to ride)
Fuel Capacity 0.7 gallons, including 0.2-gallon reserve
Model ID CRF50F
Available Colors Red
Emissions Meets current EPA off-road emissions standards.
FACTORY WARRANTY INFORMATION
Six Months Included Transferable, limited warranty
Optional Extended Extended coverage available with a HondaCare Protection Plan®
2021 Honda CRF50F – Totalmotorcycle.com Canada Specifications/Technical Details
2021 Honda CRF50F – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).