2021 Suzuki GSX250R ABS : THE URBAN SPORTBIKE.
Introducing the 2021 Suzuki GSX250R ABS…
The new GSX250R is a fully faired street machine that brings the excitement and riding satisfaction of Suzuki’s sport bike heritage to a broader audience. Featuring sporty good looks, responsive yet easy-to-control performance with a broad power band, nimble handling, class leading fuel efficiency and a comfortable riding position; the GSX250R is equally at home on the daily commute as it is when touring for long distances. Each aspect related to performance is optimized to fully tap the bike’s potential and deliver pure delight, whether riding in town or heading out on a long touring run.
The 2021 GSX250R ABS is a fully faired street machine that brings the excitement and riding satisfaction of Suzuki’s sportbike heritage to a broader audience. Built to introduce Suzuki fun and reliability to new riders, this sportbike has smart performance, engaging styling, and comfort features that will appeal to a broad base of enthusiasts.
This approachable street sportbike features a proven, twin cylinder, fuel-injected engine wrapped in stylish full-fairing bodywork. With responsive yet easy-to-control performance, exceptional fuel efficiency, nimble handling, and a comfortable riding position, the GSX250R ABS is equally at home on the daily commute as it is on extended outings.
A low seat height, slim fuel tank, and overall light weight make the GSX250R ABS an exciting and unintimidating ride. Ten-spoke aluminum wheels, anti-lock brakes (ABS)*, and tuned KYB suspension keep the bike nimble and responsive for city streets as well as open roads. With a four-gallon fuel tank and highly efficient powerplant that delivers a riding range of well over 250 miles, the 2021 GSX250R ABS remains the most sensible quarter-liter sportbike on the market.
2021 Suzuki GSX250R ABS Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
• Here’s a fully faired, quarter-liter sportbike with aggressive, flowing styling true to the Suzuki sportbike heritage. The GSX250R ABS’s new, two-tone Pearl Glacier White and Pearl Nebular Black paint scheme brings big bike quality to the 250 class.
• Fuel-injected, twin-cylinder engine delivers a responsive, broad power band with class-leading fuel economy of approximately 76 mpg.
• The GSX250R ABS features a reverse-lit LCD instrument panel and a bright halogen headlight, plus distinctive position lamps and tail light using new tech, surface-emitting LEDs.
• The comfortable, roomy ergonomics for rider and passenger, with a slim fuel tank, helps the rider easily plant their feet on the ground when stopped.
• Ten-spoke, cast aluminum wheels, petal-type brake rotors, and quality KYB suspension components round out a chassis ready for any riding assignment.
Sleek, flowing lines invite you to climb aboard and ride into the future. Sporty styling true to Suzuki’s sportbike heritage brings instant excitement.Look and feel your best wherever you decide to spread your wings.The GSX250R is ready to take you beyond mere satisfaction
Suzuki’s sporting essence is present in the GSX250R’s full bodywork that features an aggressive style with a futuristic flair. Select styling cues from historic and current Suzuki sportbikes appeal to both new and experienced riders. The front of the motorcycle features unique dual LED position lights, angular fairing-mounted mirrors, and an effective sport windshield that incorporates slots to reduce wind buffeting. The sharp tail has styling and a LED tail light reminiscent of a GSX-R1000R.
The stylish and trim fuel tank holds 4.0 US gallons (15.0 liters) of gasoline for excellent riding range. With a full tank of gasoline, the GSX250R has a riding range of approximately 280 miles.
The comfortable, contoured rider’s seat has a low seat height of 790mm (31.1 inches). The separate rear seat is set higher so the passenger has a better view over the rider’s shoulder.
MULTIFUNCTION LCD INSTRUMENTATION PANEL
The GSX250R is equipped with a back-lit multifunction LCD instrumentation panel that displays a variety of information. At the top of the display is a bar-graph tachometer, and in the center is a large digital speedometer with a convenient digital clock and digital gear position indicator. Also present in the panel is an odometer, twin trip meter, fuel gauge readouts, and a service reminder. A bright, programmable shift light is joined by LED alert indicators for the turn signals, engine functions, and high beam.
DISTINCTIVE POSITION LIGHTS AND TAIL LIGHT DESIGN
Enhancing the sporty, aggressive look and futuristic flair of the GSX250R are surface-emitting LEDs employed by the position lights up front and the tail light in the rear. Their smooth edge-to-edge illumination and the chevron-like shape that flanks the headlight create a truly distinctive and highly appealing lighting scheme. Adopting clear lenses for the front and rear turn signals adds to the stylish appearance and are well-placed to not interfere with a passenger or luggage.
The relatively low mounting point of the separate left and right handlebars is sporty, but at the same time designed to provide a comfortable riding position around town or when touring.
Featuring positive response, a broad power band, ease of control and class-leading level of fuel efficiency, the performance realized by the GSX250R goes beyond what one would normally expect from a 250cm3 motorcycle.Each aspect related to performance is optimized to fully tap the bike’ s potential and deliver pure delight, whether riding in town or heading out on a long touring
The 248cm3 parallel-twin engine that powers the GSX250R underwent thorough analysis and optimization to maximize low- to mid-range torque and provide a powerful ride that features ease of control.
Intelligent engine design and fuel-injection (EFI) tuning yields class-leading fuel economy while satisfying worldwide emission requirements. The EFI also stabilizes the engine idle and helps provide nearly linear throttle response for clean, exciting performance.
The honing pattern used for the cylinder barrels maintains lubrication for the pistons in a manner that helps minimize any loss of performance due to friction
The cylinder head adopts roller type rocker arms that minimize friction loss
HIGHLY EFFICIENT, LIGHTWEIGHT EXHAUST SYSTEM
The two-into-one exhaust system for the GSX250R features an optimized shape for the chamber in front of the catalyzer. This maximizes acceleration performance at mid-range speeds, while the efficiency of the system also reduces exhaust emissions. The muffler adopts a shape that contributes to better engine output and torque by reducing power loss. It delivers a pleasing sound while its design also contributes to better cornering
FRONT AND REAR (KYB) SUSPENSION WITH CUSTOM SETTINGS
Contributes to weight reduction and retains reassuring handling characteristics, while at the same time adding a sportier feel
2021 Suzuki GSX250R ABS Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
• The 248cc, parallel-twin engine that powers the GSX250R ABS has been refined to maximize low- to midrange torque to deliver a power characteristic that emphasizes ease of control.
• Intelligent engine design and fuel-injection (EFI) tuning yields class-leading fuel economy while satisfying worldwide emission requirements.
• The EFI also stabilizes the engine idle and helps provide nearly linear throttle response for clean, exciting performance.
• The camshaft profile maximizes engine performance when riding at road speeds of 15 to 55 mph. This helps the GSX250R ABS deliver true, practical performance.
• The valve train employs roller-type rocker arms for valve actuation to reduce mechanical losses.
• The intake valves have a slim stem profile near the head to optimize airflow into the combustion chamber.
• Low-tension piston rings are used to reduce friction, while a special honing pattern on the cylinder wall increases oil retention for additional friction reduction.
• A coupling-type balancer shaft fitted to the engine’s crankshaft reduces vibration and enhances rider comfort.
• A uniquely styled oil pump is used in the GSX250R ABS to reduce frictional loss while providing excellent engine lubrication.
• Dual head pipes effectively route the exhaust through a high-flow catalyzer and into a stylish solo muffler covered with a buffed stainless steel shield.
• Designed to get the most out of the engine’s mid-range performance and emit a pleasing sound, the GSX250R ABS’s exhaust is lightweight and stylish.
• A six-speed transmission, with gear ratios well mated to the engine output, further improves low- to midrange power delivery.
• Suzuki’s sporting essence is present in the GSX250R ABS’s full bodywork that features an aggressive style with a futuristic flair. Select styling cues from historic and current Suzuki sportbikes appeal to both new and experienced riders.
• The fairing routes cooling air to the radiator while moving hot air from the engine away from the rider.
• The front of the motorcycle features unique dual LED position lights, angular fairing-mounted mirrors, and an effective sport windshield that incorporates slots to reduce wind buffeting.
• The sharp tail has styling and an LED tail light similar to the GSX-R1000R.
• The stylish and trim fuel tank holds 4.0 US gallons (15.0 liters) of gasoline for excellent riding range. With a full tank of gasoline, the GSX250R ABS has a riding range of approximately 280 miles.
• The comfortable, contoured rider’s seat has a low seat height of 790mm (31.1 inches).
• The separate rear seat is set higher so the passenger has a better view over the rider’s shoulder.
• The semi double-cradle frame provides exceptional support for the GSX250R ABS’s effective running gear and exciting bodywork.
• The well-tuned telescopic front fork soaks up bumps for smooth tracking up front – whether riding irregular city streets or faster open roads.
• Rear suspension action is handled by a mono-shock system that stays hidden from view to augment the bike’s performance style. With seven-way adjustable spring preload, the rear suspension can be tuned for a passenger or cargo.
• The clip-on handlebar’s design and reach were developed to provide a comfortable riding position.
• The five-way adjustable front brake lever allows the rider to position the lever for comfort and confidence.
• Hydraulic, ABS-equipped* disc brakes front and rear grasp petal-style stainless steel rotors to provide consistent and controlled braking whether commuting on city streets or roaming the open road.
• Ten-spoke, 17-inch, cast aluminum wheels hold road-grabbing IRC tires that provide sporting performance through a variety of road conditions.
• The GSX250R ABS is equipped with a back-lit multifunction LCD instrumentation panel that displays a variety of information.
• At the top of the display is a bar-graph tachometer, and in the center is a large digital speedometer with a convenient digital clock and digital gear position indicator.
• Also present in the panel is an odometer, twin trip meter, fuel gauge readouts, and a service reminder. A bright, programmable shift light is joined by LED alert indicators for the turn signals, engine functions, ABS, and high beam.
• The bright halogen headlight is bracketed by a pair of distinctive position lamps using high-tech, surfaceemitting LEDs.
• The rear tail light also uses surface-emitting LEDs for excellent visibility to traffic.
• The turn signals feature amber incandescent bulbs with clear lenses and are well placed to not interfere with a passenger or luggage.
• Projected tip-style spark plugs speed up the rate of combustion, improving throttle response and fuel economy.
• The GSX250R ABS uses an open-type regulator/rectifier to reduce charging-system draw that can rob power from the engine. A maintenance-free battery makes sure the motorcycle starts quickly each time.
• Suzuki 12-month limited warranty with unlimited mileage. Longer coverage periods with other benefits are available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP).
• Three-dimensional “S” badges on the fairing and upper fork bracket celebrate the Suzuki brand and its heritage of technological and styling excellence.
• A variety of Genuine Suzuki Accessories for GSX250R ABS owners are available, including a large selection of Suzuki logo apparel.
2021 Suzuki GSX250R ABS – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $4949 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $5499 CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Engine 248cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, SOHC, parallel-twin
Bore x Stroke 53.5 mm x 55.2 mm (2.10 in. x 2.17 in.)
Compression Ratio 11.5:1
Fuel System Fuel injection with SDTV
Lubrication Wet sump
Clutch Wet, multi-plate type
Transmission 6-speed constant mesh
Final Drive Chain, sealed O-ring type, DID 520VF or RK 520KRO, 116 links
Suspension Front Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
Suspension Rear Single shock, coil spring, oil damped
Brakes Front Nissin, 2-piston caliper, single disc, ABS-equipped
Brakes Rear Nissin, 1-piston caliper, single disc, ABS-equipped
Tires Front 110/80-17M/C (57H), tubeless
Tires Rear 140/55-17M/C (66H), tubeless
Fuel Tank Capacity 15l (4.0 US gal.)
Color Pearl Glacier White / Pearl Nebular Black
Ignition Electronic ignition (transistorized)
Headlight 12V 55/60W (H4 halogen) and LED position lights
Tail Light LED
Overall Length 2085 mm (82.1 in.)
Overall Width 740mm (29.1 in.)
Overall Height 1110 mm (43.7 in.)
Wheelbase 1430 mm (56.3 in.)
Ground Clearance 160 mm (6.3 in.)
Seat Height 790mm (31.1 in.)
Curb Weight 181 kg (399.0 lb.) ABS-equipped
Warranty 12-month unlimited mileage limited warranty
Extension Longer coverage periods with other benefits available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP)
2021 Suzuki GSX250R ABS – Totalmotorcycle.com Canada Specifications/Technical Details
Type 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, SOHC, parallel-twin
Bore x Stroke 53.5 mm x 55.2 mm
Compression Ratio 11.5 : 1
Fuel System White
Ignition Electronic ignition
Transmission 6-speed constant mesh
Length 2,085 mm
Width 740 mm
Height 1,110 mm
Wheelbase 1,430 mm
Seat Height 790 mm
Curb Mass 178 kg
Suspension Front Telescopic, coil spring oil damped
Suspension Rear Swingarm type, coil spring, oil damped
Brakes Front Disc brake
Brakes Rear Disc brake
Tires Front 110/80-17M/C 57H tubeless
Tires Rear 140/70-17M/C 66H tubeless
Fuel Tank 15 L
12 Month unlimited mileage limited warranty
2021 Suzuki GSX250R ABS – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).