2021 Suzuki GSX-R600 : THE TOP PERFORMER IN ITS CLASS.
Introducing the 2021 Suzuki GSX-R600…
The Suzuki GSX-R600 continues its dominance in the AMA Pro Road Racing series, taking all 600cc championships in 2012 – including the Daytona Sportbike, Supersport West, and Supersport East. This further solidifies the GSX-R600 as part of a race-winning line of motorcycles from coast to coast. In 2012, Suzuki celebrated the 1 millionth produced GSX-R motorcycle, a feat only accomplished with the support of fans, race teams, and dealers worldwide. To earn the rights as the top performer in its class, the GSX-R600 is developed with: an advanced race-proven 599cc, 4-cylinder, and liquid-cooled engine; a responsive, agile, and lightweight chassis; compact wheelbase; and race-developed suspension. In short, the GSX-R600 has once again proven to be the winning combination to Own The Racetrack.
In 1985, Suzuki revolutionized the sportbike category with the introduction of the original GSX-R750, and later expanded GSX-R lineage with the addition of the GSX-R600. The 2021 GSX-R600 encapsulates Suzuki’s tradition of blending race-winning capability with impeccable street manners.
The GSX-R600’s compact, powerful, four-cylinder engine promptly reacts when you twist the throttle, while its supremely refined suspension and brakes provide precise, responsive handling.
The GSX-R600’s look isn’t manufactured, it’s the true byproduct of decades of production roadracing dominance. For a rider considering a mid-size Supersport bike that’s at home or the track or the street, there’s only one choice; the Suzuki GSX-R600.
2021 Suzuki GSX-R600 Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
• Iconic GSX-R styling provides sharp looks and a slippery shape that features a Pearl Brilliant White paint scheme that includes graphics unique to the GSX-R600.
• The GSX-R600’s compact, fuel-injected, 599cc, four-cylinder engine delivers a rush of power from idle to redline. Located between the frame’s spars, the engine’s top end is canted forward to improve cylinder head charging for increased power output.
• The Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (S-DMS) lets the rider adjust the engine’s power delivery to suit the riding conditions.
• The twin-spar aluminum frame effectively connects the steering head with the swingarm pivot portion of the chassis in a way that balances light weight and strength. The engine is suspended below the frame to keep mass low and the wheelbase short to promote nimble handling.
• The Showa Big Piston Front Fork (BPF) and remote reservoir rear shock absorber are fully adjustable to deliver exceptional handling.
• Twin Brembo Monobloc, radially mounted front brake calipers grasp fully floating stainless steel brake rotors to deliver strong stopping power.
CAREFULLY SCULPTED BODYWORK
Highlights include the powerful lines of the chiseled fuel tank, vented front fender, light rear fender, molded mirrors, and angular tail section with integrated LED taillight, clear turn signals, and clean layout of all wiring and hoses. The thin seat is shaped for sport riding, and also to helps make it easier to firmly plant one’s your feet on ground and combines with the handlebars and footpegs to ensure a comfortable riding position
Race-ready, iconic GSX-R styling provides sharp looks and a slippery shape with deep, rich paint. Riders can choose between Glass Sparkle Black or Pearl Glacier White colors, each with monochromatic graphics and color-matched cast aluminum wheels
Three-way adjustable foot pegs, adjustable shift lever and short fuel tank help compose a comfortable riding position that permits the rider movement required for performance riding.
A LIGHTER, MORE COMPACT CHASSIS
The GSX-R600 model features completely chassis designs, each based on a more compact, lighter twin-spar aluminum frame with a 15 mm shorter wheelbase. The GSX-R600’s wheelbase now measures 1,385 mm.
STRONG STOPPING POWER
Twin Brembo Monobloc, radially mounted front brake calipers grasp fully floating stainless steel brake rotors to deliver strong stopping power.
A compact 599cc, four-cylinder engine with a race-proven over-square bore/stroke ratio produces remarkably strong high rpm power delivery. The energy-efficient engine employs forged pistons, shot-peened connecting rods, chrome-nitride-coated upper compression and oil control rings, and pentagonal ventilation holes to reduce frictional and mechanical losses.
Electronically controlled steering damper provides lighter steering at slower speeds and more damping force at racetrack and highway speeds
For the first time, both the Suzuki GSX-R750 and the Suzuki GSX-R600 come with the revolutionary, race-developed Showa Big Piston Front-fork (BPF) inverted front suspension system. Conventional inverted front forks use a cartridge assembly that fits inside the fork leg on each side and typically incorporates a 20 mm piston to control damping.
Four-into-one stainless steel exhaust system with a titanium muffler is fitted with a Suzuki Exhaust Tuning (SET) valve that maximizes torque and improves throttle response, especially in the low- to mid-rpm range
Optional single seat cowl can replace the passenger seat for an even more aggressive look or for use on solo rides or track days.
Stylized Suzuki “S” 3-D emblems on the fuel tank and the fork upper bracket denotes the quality, sophistication, and performance legacy of the brand.
2021 Suzuki GSX-R600 Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
• A compact, 599cc, four-cylinder engine with a race-proven over-square bore/stroke ratio produces remarkably strong high rpm power delivery.
• The energy-efficient engine employs forged pistons, shot-peened connecting rods, chrome-nitride-coated upper compression and oil control rings, and pentagonal ventilation holes to reduce frictional and mechanical losses.
• Camshafts with aggressive valve-lift profiles were developed using proven MotoGP racing engine technology – the first time this method has been applied to a production Suzuki.
• Lightweight titanium alloy valves are controlled by single-coil valve springs to reduce valve train mass, reducing mechanical losses at high rpm.
• Lightweight and durable forged pistons were designed using the same Finite Element Method (FEM) and fatigue analysis technology used for MotoGP racing engines.
• Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) fuel injection uses eight fine-spray eight-hole injectors for improved fuel atomization, which contributes to more complete combustion.
• An Engine Control Module (ECM) provides state-of-the-art engine management and has enhanced settings to suit the intake and exhaust systems, resulting in better fuel economy and linear throttle response.
• Advanced, MotoGP-developed transistorized ignition control programming helps maintain more precise spark timing across the range of engine speed and temperature.
• Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (S-DMS) offers push-button selection of two racing-developed engine control maps to suit road or track conditions and personal tastes.
• Four-into-one stainless steel exhaust system with a titanium muffler is fitted with a Suzuki Exhaust Tuning (SET) valve that maximizes torque and improves throttle response, especially in the low- to mid-rpm range.
• The close-ratio six-speed transmission features a taller first-gear ratio and shorter ratios for second, third, fourth, and sixth gears, making it easier for a racer to get a good start while improving straight-line acceleration and drive out of corners.
• Race-proven back-torque-limiting clutch contributes to smoother downshifting and corner entry.
• Lightweight and compact twin-spar aluminum alloy frame is constructed of five cast sections to produce a balance of light weight and strength.
• The frame is mated with a cast aluminum swingarm and multi-piece rear sub-frame that’s ready for racetrack use.
• Race-developed, lightweight Showa Big Piston Front Fork (BPF) delivers superb feedback and consistent performance.
• Single Showa rear shock absorber features externally adjustable rebound and compression damping, along with adjustable ride height.
• Electronically controlled steering damper provides lighter steering at slower speeds with more damping force at the racetrack and at highway speeds.
• Front brakes with fully floating 310mm discs are grasped by radial-mount, four-piston Brembo Monobloc calipers.
• Three-spoke cast aluminum alloy wheels are shod with lightweight, high-grip front and rear tires for sharp handling.
• Three-way adjustable foot pegs, adjustable shift lever and short fuel tank help compose a comfortable riding position that permits the rider movement required for performance riding.
• Compact, lightweight instrument cluster with a built-in lap timer/stopwatch and programmable engine rpm indicators alert the rider to certain shift points.
• Trim, simple, and lightweight bodywork creates an exciting, aerodynamic style that truly works well at speed.
• Distinctive multi-reflector headlight with vertically stacked high- and low-beam halogen bulbs is centered between position lights on each side.
• Bright, durable LED tail light, with clear lens.
• The front turn signals are integrated into the rearview mirrors while the trim tail section houses the rear signals.
• The lightweight instruments also include an analog tachometer and LCD readouts that show speed, odometer, dual trip meter, reserve trip meter, clock, coolant temperature/oil pressure indicator, S-DMS, and gear position indicators.
• Attention to rider comfort and confidence includes a carefully shaped seat with a high-grip cover
• Stylized Suzuki logos and emblems on the fuel tank and the fork upper bracket denote the quality, sophistication, and performance legacy of the brand.
• Optional single seat cowl can replace the passenger seat for an even more aggressive look or for use on solo rides or track days.
• A variety of Genuine Suzuki Accessories for GSX-R owners are available, including a large selection of Suzuki logo apparel.
• 12-month limited warranty. Longer coverage periods with other benefits available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP)
2021 Suzuki GSX-R600 – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $ 11499 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $ 12399 CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Engine 599cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, 4-cylinder, DOHC
Bore x Stroke 67.0 mm x 42.5 mm (2.638 in. x 1.673 in.)
Compression Ratio 12.9:1
Fuel System Fuel injection with SDTV
Clutch Wet, multi-plate type
Transmission 6-speed constant mesh
Final Drive Chain, RK525SMOZ8, 114 links
Suspension Front Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
Suspension Rear Link type, single shock, coil spring, oil damped
Brakes Front Brembo, 4-piston, twin disc
Brakes RearNissin, 1-piston, single disc
Tires Front 120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless
Tires Rear 190/50ZR17M/C (73W), tubeless
Fuel Tank Capacity 17.0 L (4.5 US gal.) / 16.0 L (4.2 US gal.) CA model
Color Pearl Brilliant White
Ignition Electronic ignition (transistorized)
Spark Plug NGK CR9EIA-9 or DENSO IU27D
Headlight 12V 65W (H9 high-beam) and 12V 55W (H7 low-beam)
Tail Light LED
Overall Length 2030 mm (79.9 in.)
Overall Width 1135 mm (44.7 in.)
Wheelbase 1385 mm (54.5 in.)
Ground Clearance 130 mm (5.1 in.)
Seat Height 810mm (31.9 in.)
Curb Weight 187 kg (412 lb.)
Warranty 12-month unlimited mileage limited warranty
Extension Longer coverage periods with other benefits available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP)
2021 Suzuki GSX-R600 – Totalmotorcycle.com Canada Specifications/Technical Details
Type 4-stroke, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC
Bore x Stroke 67.0 mm x 42.5 mm (2.638 in x 1.673 in)
Compression Ratio 12.9 : 1
Fuel System Suzuki Fuel Injection
Lubrication Wet sump
Ignition Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
Transmission 6-speed, constant mesh
Final Drive RK525SMOZ8, 114 links, Chain
Length 2030 mm (79.9 in)
Width 710 mm (28.0 in)
Height 1135 mm (44.7 in)
Wheelbase 1385 mm (54.5 in)
Seat Height 810 mm (31.9 in)
Curb Mass 187 kg (412 lbs )
Suspension Front Inverted Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
Suspension Rear Link type, coil spring, oil damped
Brakes Front Brembo, Disc, Twin
Brakes Rear Disc
Tires Front 120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless
Tires Rear 180/55ZR17M/C (73W), tubeless
Fuel Tank 17.0 L (4.5 US gal )
12 Month unlimited mileage limited warranty
2021 Suzuki GSX-R600 – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).