2021 Suzuki V-Strom 650XT Adventure : THE ULTIMATE, TO DO-IT-ALL.
Introducing the 2021 Suzuki V-Strom 650XT Adventure…
Renowned for versatility, reliability, and value, Suzuki’s V-Strom 650 models have attracted many riders who use their motorcycles for touring, commuting, or a fun ride when the spirit moves them. These are touchstone motorcycles balanced with a natural riding position, comfortable seat, and a flexible engine character that produces stress-free riding during brief daily use or a high-mile adventure.
The 2021 V-Strom 650XT Adventure combines the look and Champion Yellow color of Suzuki’s iconic DR- BIG rally bike with tubeless-spoke wheels with gold-anodized rims, plus a set of Suzuki’s aluminum panniers, a rugged accessory bar, a handlebar cross-brace, and mirror extensions.
Loaded and ready for any road, the V-Strom 650XT Adventure continues the V-Strom family tradition of being a fun and logical motorcycle to buy and ride. The engine delivers stellar performance and great fuel economy while achieving worldwide emission standards. Suzuki’s engineering accomplishments also include low weight and a trim chassis, creating a V-Strom 650XT Adventure that is versatile, controllable, and financially accessible.
The V-Strom 650XT Adventure is a motorcycle that’s greater than the sum of its parts, offering versatility, reliability, and function like no other bike in its class. Check out a V-Strom 650XT Adventure for your next ride and you’ll see it checks off every box on your exploration list. This V-Strom is so ready for adventure; all that’s needed is a map and you.
Think of a challenge, an adventure. The answer to every thought. V-Strom 650XT. Road bends and stretches, two-up comfort, a tool that never lets you down.
THE ULTIMATE, TO DO-IT-ALL
The ultimate tackle to Do-It-All. Every day commuting, rough and wet conditions, B-Road twisties, long highway stretches, two-up comfort, the tool that never lets you down. Think of a task, a challenge, an adventure. The answer to every thought. V-Strom 650XT.
The 645cc DOHC V-Twin is a masterpiece of Suzuki engineering which has an evolving history. For the new 650, this unit has been tuned for generous low-to-mid-range torque for practical use while maintaining an exhilarating top-end.
2021 Suzuki V-Strom 650XT Adventure Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
- Dressed for real adventure with a new, iconic Champion Yellow paint scheme, this V-Strom has spoke-style wheels with gold-anodized aluminum rims that carry tubeless radial dual-sport tires, hand guards, and a protective lower engine
- Liquid-cooled, 645cc, 90-degree, V-twin engine delivers strong torque in the low- to mid-rpm range, yet provides a strong rush of high-rpm power that’s ideal for any riding
- Suzuki’s Advanced Traction Control System*, Easy Start System, Low RPM Assist feature, plus ABS** technology make a great motorcycle really incredible.
- ADV fairing, with vertically stacked headlights and adjustable windshield, houses a multifunction, illumination- adjustable instrument panel that delivers a wealth of information.
- The strong and light chassis carries Suzuki V-Strom aluminum panniers that are easy to slide on and off, which keeps the motorcycle trim when ready for short jaunts.
With two V-Strom 650 variants available, as standard the V-Strom 650XT is fitted with wire spoke wheels for better shock absorption and comfort, as well as knuckle covers and an under cowling.
LONG HAUL COMFORT
The newly designed seat lives up to the reputation of the V-Strom comfort. While securing a wide flat area to support the rider when riding, the front of the seat is slim enabling the rider to easily reach the ground when stopping. Also the pillion seat has a wide and comfortable space, making sure the pillion rider can also enjoy the ride. When viewed from the side the plentiful padding is visually assuring, inviting the rider on a long adventure.
The combination of the light yet rigid aluminium twin-spar frame and swingarm is a feature unique to this class, and with the engine providing such generous mid-range, the V-Strom provides light and smooth handling and stability in various riding situations.
The V-Strom 650XT features tubeless tyres and wire spoke wheels which absorb shock from the road better due to the flexible character of spokes, providing the rider with further comfort and exhilarated riding pleasure. The Champion Yellow and Glass Sparkle Black coloured models feature gold-anodised rims in contrast to the black-anodised items on the Pearl Vigor Blue model.
Flexible and comfortable conventional telescopic forks have a forgiving character, allowing stress free long distance rides to an exciting run on twisty roads. The rear suspension is equipped with rebound adjustment and a remote preload adjuster which can be operated by hand allowing the rider to quickly setup the suspension to match the riding style or in a case of two-up riding or with a full load of luggage without any tools needed.
Equipped with 310mm diameter twin discs with twin two piston calipers on the front and a 260mm diameter single disc with a single piston caliper on the rear, the V-Strom 650XT provides controllable and dependable stopping performance.
SLIMMER 20L FUEL TANK
The redesigned slimmer and smarter tank still holds a capacity of 20L, allowing a long riding range combined with excellent fuel consumption. By eliminating the plastic covers on both sides of the tank from the previous model, the tank has become slimmer and is now able to accommodate magnetically attachable tank bags. The frame covers have been slimmed down as well, allowing the rider to reach straight down to the ground.
2021 Suzuki V-Strom 650XT Adventure Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
- Using SV650 engineering, the V-Strom’s DOHC, liquid-cooled engine has been tuned to deliver clean, strong power at any rpm.
- Low-friction resin-coated pistons and SCEM-coated cylinders help deliver high mileage for class-leading touring range.
- Unique engine cover hardware and select fasteners are designed to permit the use of Torx or conventional hex-style
- The sleek 2-into-1 exhaust system routes below the chassis to reduce weight, centralize mass, and provide space for a narrow tail section (and optional luggage).
- The exhaust system has twin catalyzers and employs O2 feedback to the EFI system to produce optimum combustion efficiency and reduce emissions to an incredibly low
- The fuel-injection system employs Suzuki’s innovative SDTV (Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve) on 39mm throttle bodies. The secondary throttle valves are controlled by a servo motor for smooth power delivery.
- Ten-hole, long-nose-type fuel injectors on each throttle body improve fuel atomization for better combustion efficiency while reducing fuel consumption.
- Suzuki’s patented Throttle-body Integrated Idle Speed Control (TI-ISC) stabilizes the engine idle speed and helps lower The system is compact and lightweight.
- The TI-ISC on the V-Strom 650XT Adventure has Suzuki’s Low RPM Assist feature that seamlessly adjusts engine speed during takeoff and low-speed riding to smooth the power delivery. It also helps reduce the possibility of the rider stalling the motorcycle.
- The Engine Control Module (ECM) provides state-of-the-art engine management and has enhanced settings to suit the updated intake and exhaust systems, resulting in better fuel economy and linear throttle
- The engine has dual spark technology heads with two high-energy, slim electrode spark plugs per cylinder, which aid in combustion efficiency and power production.
- The V-Strom 650XT Adventure is equipped with Suzuki’s Advanced Traction Control System*, which lets the rider control the throttle with more confidence in various riding It continuously monitors front and rear wheel speeds, throttle opening, engine speed, and the selected transmission gear to adjust engine output if wheel spin is detected.
- There are three traction control modes (1, 2, and OFF), and the difference between the modes is their sensitivity to road conditions. Mode 1 is lowest sensitivity level, most suitable for skilled riders or in conditions that have good road surface grip (riding on good, smooth roads). Mode 2 is highest sensitivity level, suitable for road conditions where the grip may be limited (wet or cold surfaces). OFF disengages all traction control
- This V-Strom also features the Suzuki Easy Start System, which lets the rider start the motorcycle with a momentary press of the start button without pulling in the clutch lever when the transmission is in neutral.
- The compact radiator is flanked by wind-directing plates that enhance cooling efficiency and direct heat out of the side vents away from the rider’s legs.
- The six-speed transmission suits sporty rides with tight first through fifth gear ratios and a tall top gear (sixth gear) for highway cruising.
- Low-maintenance, long-life sealed O-ring drive chain is standard.
- The beak-style fairing, with vertically stacked headlights and new mounting structure, helps the V-Strom 650XT Adventure cut through the wind, protecting the rider in
- The three-way height-adjustable windscreen was wind-tunnel tested to reduce wind sounds, buffeting, and rider fatigue.
- The fuel tank has a generous 3-gallon capacity but is shaped to be thin at the rear to flow into the slimmer seat, which aids the rider in touching the ground at stops.
- The internal construction and cap of the fuel tank are updated so the gasoline capacity is the same for both the 49-state and California versions.
- The spacious two-up seat combines smooth and slip-resistant surfaces, plus an embossed V-Strom
- Lightweight, rigid twin-spar aluminum frame and swingarm contribute to smooth handling performance and excellent stability.
- Spring-preload-adjustable 43mm front forks and link-type rear suspension are combined with a rebound damping adjustment and hand-operated spring preload
- Spoke-style wheels, with gold-anodized aluminum rims laced with stainless steel spokes, absorb shock from irregular road surfaces well and accept tubeless tires.
- Adventure-spec Bridgestone Battlax 19-inch front and 17-inch rear tubeless radial tires are mounted to the spoke-style wheels for all-around good performance.
- Front dual 310mm disc brakes and a rear 260mm disc brake deliver controlled stopping
- Compact Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)** monitors wheel speed to match braking to available
- The lightweight resin luggage rack incorporates easy-to-grasp grab bars and aligns with the passenger section of the seat, offering a larger surface for carrying cargo or luggage.
- The V-Strom 650XT Adventure is ready to carry the gear you need as it is equipped with Suzuki’s ADV- style, 37-liter aluminum panniers that attach to powder-coated, stainless steel carriers. Fashioned out of 5mm thick aluminum plate with super-strong, no-pierce rivet technology, these panniers offer a number of features, including hinged lids that stay in place when open, internal and external tie-down points, plus keyed stainless steel latches and quick-release hardware. Built to be waterproof with rubber-sealing lids, these panniers have powder-coated interiors that avoid aluminum stains on cargo.
- Other features include a handlebar cross-brace that’s an excellent foundation to mount accessories like a GPS, plus mirror extensions so you see less of you and more of what’s behind
- The V-Strom 650XT Adventure also comes with a rugged accessory bar, hand guards, and a protective lower engine cowl.
- The multifunction instrument panel features brightness-adjustable LED backlighting for its large diameter analog tachometer, digital speedometer, and LCD data display.
- LCD readouts include odometer, dual trip meter, traction control modes, gear position, coolant and ambient temperature, fuel consumption, fuel gauge, and clock. Switching between readings can be done with the left handlebar switch.
- LED indicators include an ABS alert and a freeze warning icon, which together with the air temperature display warn of possible icy road conditions.
- Strong three-phase charging system supplies the 10Ah maintenance-free battery for easy starting and additional accessory power. A dedicated accessory fuse is located under the seat.
- The stacked, 65/55-watt halogen headlamps illuminate the road when your ride stretches into night.
- The LED tail and brake light is bright and vibration resistant. The turn signals use bright amber incandescent bulbs with clear lenses.
- A handy 12-volt DC accessory outlet is mounted on the inner dash.
- Genuine Suzuki Accessories for the V-Strom 650XT Adventure includes a matching top case, center-stand, auxiliary lights, low- and high-profile seats, heated grips, high-grip foot rests, fuel-cap mount tank bags, and
- Additional lock tumblers that match the bike’s ignition key are included, so you can change over to Suzuki’s accessory side and top cases, and have the convenience of same-key operation.
o NOTE: The supplied aluminum panniers use a different key than the motorcycle’s ignition key.
- Suzuki 12-month limited Longer coverage periods with other benefits are available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP).
2021 Suzuki V-Strom 650XT Adventure – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $ 10499 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $ CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ 8299 GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Engine 645cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 90˚ V-twin
Bore x Stroke 81.0 mm x 62.6 mm (3.2 in. x 2.5 in.)
Compression Ratio 11.2:1
Fuel System Fuel injection, SDTV-equipped
Lubrication Wet sump
Clutch Wet, multi-plate type
Transmission 6-speed constant mesh
Final Drive Chain, RK525SMOZ8, 118 links
Suspension Front Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
Suspension Rear Link type, single shock, coil spring, oil damped
Brakes Front Tokico, 2-piston calipers, twin disc, ABS-equipped
Brakes Rear Nissin, 1-piston, single disc, ABS-equipped
Tires Front 110/80R19 M/C (59V), tubeless
Tires Rear 150/70R17 M/C (69V), tubeless
Fuel Tank Capacity 20.0 L (5.3 US gal.)
Color Champion Yellow No. 2
Ignition Electronic ignition (transistorized)
Spark Plug NGK MR8E-9
Headlight 12V 65W (H9 high-beam) and 12V 55W (H7 low-beam)
Tail Light LED
Overall Length 2275 mm (89.6 in.)
Overall Width 910 mm (35.8 in.) No accessories installed 940 mm (37.0 in.) Approximate width with Adventure accessories installed
Overall Height 1405 mm (55.3 in.)
Wheelbase 1560 mm (61.4 in.)
Ground Clearance 170 mm (6.7 in.)
Seat Height 835 mm (32.9 in.)
Curb Weight 216 kg (476 lb.) No accessories installed 239 kg (528 lb.) Approximate weight with Adventure accessories installed
Warranty 12-month unlimited mileage limited warranty
Extension Longer coverage periods with other benefits available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP)
2021 Suzuki V-Strom 650XT Adventure – Totalmotorcycle.com Canada Specifications/Technical Details
2021 Suzuki V-Strom 650XT Adventure – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHTS
Overall length 2275 mm (89.57 in) Overall width 910 mm (35.83 in)
Overall height 1405 mm (55.31 in) Wheelbase 1560 mm (61.42 in)
Ground clearance 170 mm (6.69 in) Seat height 835 mm (32.9 in)
Kerb mass 216 kg (476 lbs) Fuel capacity 20.0 L (4.4 UK gallons)
Engine capacity 645 cc Engine 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 90° V-twin
Bore 81.0 mm x 62.6 mm (3.2 in x 2.5 in) Compression ratio 11.2 : 1
Lubrication Wet sump Ignition Electronic ignition
Fuel system Fuel injection Transmission 6-speed constant mesh
Drive Chain Starter Electric
MPG* 67.26* CO2 100 g/km
Power 52.0 kW @ 8,800rpm (71 PS) Torque 62.0 Nm @ 6,300rpm (45.72 lb. ft)†
Front suspension Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped Rear suspension Link type, coil spring, oil damped
Front brakes Disc, twin Rear brakes Disc
Front tyres 110/80R19M/C 59V Rear tyres 150/70R17M/C 69V
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).