2022 Honda XR650L: READY FOR ROAD AND TRAIL.
Introducing the 2022 Honda XR650L…
Yes, the XR650L has been a familiar part of Honda’s lineup for many years, but there’s a reason the tried-and-true dual-sport model continues to be popular with customers. The XR650L is highly adaptable, opening the door to adventure on single-track trails, dirt roads and backroads, while also delivering capable transportation in the city. The result of those characteristics – plus a proud Baja heritage – is a diehard following of riders, who will be pleased to know that the model has received an aesthetic facelift for the 2022 model year.
THIRTY YEARS . . . AND COUNTING
Everyone knows that a Honda XR650L is the one bike you can always count on, no matter how gnarly the road or trail. Everything about this bike is rugged, simple, and proven: the 644cc air-cooled single-cylinder engine, the strong steel frame, the long-travel suspension. Electric starting makes getting underway a snap—same for restarts in rocky trail sections. It’s fully street legal, and roomy enough to carry a passenger. And while the 2022 XR650L is still as tough as an anvil, for 2022 it has a new, fresh, contemporary look thanks to a total graphic makeover. Black rims match the black seat, tool bag, and fork gaiters; the white-on-white bodywork has a super-clean look; and the new tank graphics pay tribute to the 650’s Honda XR heritage. Whether you’re using it for off-road adventures or as the ultimate post-apocalyptic commuter, the XR650L has never looked this good.
2022 Honda XR650L Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
644cc air-cooled single-cylinder engine
Honda’s patented Radial Four-Valve Combustion Chamber (RFVCTM)
21-inch front wheel
Pro-Link® rear suspension
Disc brakes front and rear
Street legal/dirt ready
The XR650L’s four-stroke, single-cylinder engine offers good fuel efficiency and a wide powerband. In addition, its proven powerplant requires very little maintenance.
Front and rear disc brakes provide superior stopping power. Both front and rear disc rotors are drilled for lightness and better wet-weather performance.
Adventure is just the push of a button away. The XR650L’s electric starter takes all the drama out of restarting off-road, or getting underway on a cold morning or after the bike’s been sitting all week.
Fully equipped for the street—including turn signals, license-plate light, mirrors, speedometer and more. There’s even a grab strap and footpegs for a passenger.
With a passenger grab strap, folding passenger pegs, a long MX-style seat and plenty of Honda power, the XR650L lets you carry a passenger with ease.
No maintenance hassles here, even in the case of an off-road tip over. The sealed battery has plenty of cranking power for the electric starter, and is well protected from the vibrations of off-road riding.
The XR’s dry-sump design keeps the engine compact and eliminates the oil pan for superior ground clearance and damage resistance. Plus, with the engine oil in the frame, the frame itself acts like a giant oil cooler.
In keeping with it clean new look this year, we’ve given the XR650L black rims front and rear. It’s amazing how much cleaner they make the bike look, especially combined with the black fork boots, black seat, and black tool bag.
18-INCH REAR WHEEL
The 18-inch rear wheel gives you a better overall ride and more sidewall protection against flats, and still offers a wide choice of on- or off-road tires.
21-INCH FRONT WHEEL
The 21-inch front wheel gives you a wide choice of tire selection for different riding conditions.
LONG-TRAVEL FRONT SUSPENSION
With a full 11.6 inches of travel, the air-adjustable 43mm fork also offers 16-position compression damping adjustability, letting you fine-tune it to deal with the bumps of off-road riding.
PRO-LINK® REAR SUSPENSION
Honda Pro-Link® rear suspension system offers compliant and comfortable ride quality with a high level of wheel control. Initial rates are soft for supple action over small bumps and ripples, while increasingly stiffer rates resist bottoming and maintain rear-wheel control over rougher surfaces.
The XR650L’s steel frame is designed to handle the intensity of off-road travel. Plus, the frame’s backbone doubles as the engine’s oil tank, saving weight and space.
2022 Honda XR650L Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
ENGINE / DRIVETRAIN
- Bulletproof 644 cc SOHC four-stroke engine produces power and torque ideally suited for both on- and off-road riding.
- Radial Four-Valve Combustion Chamber (RFVC) allows excellent combustion efficiency and high power output.
- 42.5mm constant-velocity (CV) carburetor offers crisp throttle response, excellent rideability and maximum power.
- Reliable electric starter system allows easy push-button starting.
- Gear-driven counterbalancer minimizes bothersome and tiring vibration.
- Free-flowing, 2-into-1 exhaust system with quiet, USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler.
- Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioner and maintenance-free CD ignition with electronic advance keep you out of the shop and on the road.
- Dry-sump engine maximizes power by minimizing crankshaft windage and engine temperature.
- Durable five-speed transmission offers a gear for every on- or off-road situation.
- Heavy-duty, multi-plate clutch.
- Heavy-duty, low-maintenance #520 O-ring-sealed drive chain.
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION
- Honda Racing-inspired colors and graphics.
- Semi-double-cradle steel frame is lightweight, strong and offers precise handling manners.
- 43 mm Showa cartridge fork features 16-position compression damping adjustability and superb off-road performance.
- Pro-Link® rear suspension.
- Lightweight, strong and durable aluminum box-section swingarm with quick-detach rear wheel.
- Front and rear disc brakes offer superb stopping power.
- Lightweight yet super-strong wheels.
- Frame-mounted passenger footrests for two-up riding capability.
- Aggressive, dual-purpose front and rear tires offer excellent performance both on- and off-road.
- 18-inch rear wheel for greater tire selection.
- Lightweight rims and hubs feature straight-pull spokes.
- Combination headlight/number plate and dual airflow shrouds direct cool air to the engine.
- Enduro-style headlight features high/low beams.
- Motocross-style seat is comfortable and allows maximum rider movement.
- Large, durable fenders keep debris off the rider.
- Lightweight tubular engine guard.
- Wide-section, folding, cleated foot pegs are comfortable and self-cleaning.
- Flex-mounted turn signals resist breakage.
- Compact speedometer features tripmeter/odometer, a neutral light as well as high-beam, turn-signal and side-stand indicators.
- High-quality controls include comfortable grips and brush guards.
Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Meets current CARB and EPA standards.
- California version differs slightly due to emissions equipment
2022 Honda XR650L – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $6999 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $ NA CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ See Dealer GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
|Type||644 cc air-cooled, dry-sump, single-cylinder four-stroke|
|Valve Train||SOHC; four valve RFVC|
|Bore x Stroke||100.0mm x 82.0mm|
|Induction||42.5 mm diaphragm-type CV carburetor|
|Ignition||CD w/ electronic advance|
|Final Drive||#520 O-ring sealed chain; 15T/45T|
|Front||43 mm air-adjustable leading-axle Showa cartridge telescopic fork w/ 16-position compression damping adjustability; 11.6 in. travel|
|Rear||Pro-Link Showa single shock w/ spring preload, 20-position
compression damping and 20-position rebound damping adjustability; 11.0 in. travel
|Front||Single 2-piston hydraulic caliper w/ 256 mm disc|
|Rear||Single 1-piston hydraulic caliper w/ 220 mm disc|
|Rake (Caster Angle)||27°|
|Trail||102 mm (4.0 in.)|
|Seat Height||37.0 in.|
|Ground Clearance||13.0 in.|
|Fuel Capacity||2.8 gal., incl. 0.6 gal. reserve|
|Curb Weight*||346 lbs.|
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride
Meets current EPA and CARB emissions standards
2022 Honda XR650L – Totalmotorcycle.com Canada Specifications/Technical Details
2022 Honda XR650L – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).