2022 Ural Gear Up : ADVENTURE READY!
Introducing the 2022 Ural Gear Up…
Many of you you might have already heard the news from our European markets that 2022 changes were initiated by the Euro 5 requirements. The cleaner, more emission efficient system has been in works for a long time and we are happy to report that we got it done and met the very stringent requirements for exhaust and noise with flying colors. 2022 is the cleanest ICE Ural we’ve ever built!
We are excited to announce what’s new for 2022!
2022 Ural Gear Up Guide Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
New for 2022
- New 2-into-1 exhaust system with high mount silencer (Euro5 compliant)
- All new rear brake system utilizing a two-piston Brembo caliper and a standalone mechanical parking brake caliper
- High compression pistons
- Forged aluminum front swing arm
- Heidenau Tires are now standard equipment
- Updated intake manifolds with barbed vacuum ports
- New center stand
New For 2020/21
• 19” aluminum rims from Italcerchio S.R.L.
• Forged brake caliper brackets
• One-piece forged alternator adapter shaft
• Bi-metal piston pin bushing
• Updated swing arm and fork leg design incorporates dust seals to prolong bearing life
• Improved rear sidecar body mounts “snowmen” incorporate an internal spring for increased load capacity
New For 2019
• New Generation EFI system utilizing Keihin throttle bodies
• Re-designed cylinder head covers
• Cooling fins increased in surface area for improved cooling efficiency
• Improved piston and cylinder design
• Throttle position sensor for improved throttle response.
• Improved oil pick-up design and increased oil pan capacity
• Universal spare wheel
New For 2018
• Spotlight replaced with high visibility LED Fog Lights on Gear Up sidecar.
• New passenger windshield on cT model.
• New hydraulic/gas charged steering damper.
• New reed style magnetic float fuel sensor.
• Three new standard paint options (Slate Grey, Burgundy Satin, and OD Green).
New For 2017
• Electronic speedometer with built-in indicators.
• New wire harness with combination relay and fuse box under left side panel.
• Handlebar switch for sidecar spot-light.
• Handlebar parking brake lever, replaces rider side lever.
• Reverse / neutral foot pedal instead of lever.
• New stock 2/3 seat, replaces tractor seat.
• New sidecar seat with extra storage space under the cushion.
• Updated Tonneau covers.
• Numerous redesigned and improved internal components.
• New colors available in premium colors and finishes.
New For 2016
• New starter motor.
• Introduction of compressible fiber-aluminum gaskets to seal exhaust head pipes.
• Hydraulic brake switch.
• Modified wire harness.
• Modified throttle bodies and flanges.
• Gas tank with the fuel sensor baffle.
• Modified hydraulic dampener with increased stiffness and sealing.
• New trunk lid weather strip.
• New design of the oil deflector for the breather for 2WD models.
• Use of liquid paint on all body parts.
New For 2015
• Updated standard roller bearing used in the crankshaft.
• Updated welding for hydraulic damper mount.
• 3M Self adhesive kick start bumper.
• New rear brake hose and cable mounting bracket.
• Relocated master cylinder with universal link rods.
• Redesigned rear brake pedal that is higher and more comfortable.
• New H4 headlight with housing.
• New tonneau covers, standard Sunbrella and vinyl for cT model.
• Plastic wheel hub covers for front and sidecar wheels.
• Introduction of Universal spare wheel.
New For 2014
• Introduction of new EFI engine.
• Introduction of new cT model.
• New airbox with branch pipes.
• New hydraulic steering dampener.
• New aluminum triple clamps.
• Disk brakes on front, rear, and sidecar wheels.
• Redesigned wheel hubs.
• New final drive housing.
• Pre-formed fuel lines, breather, and brake reservoir hoses.
• New front brake reaction link.
• New Ural gas tank badges.
• New tank knee-grips with logo.
• Redesigned ignition key.
• New dashboard with updated indicator lamps.
• Front engine cover now featuring Ural logo.
New For 2013
• Improved clutch plates.
• New mirror design.
• New diamond sidecar step plate.
• New sidecar floor mats.
• New military hardware fasteners on all tonneau covers.
• Improved tire pump.
• 3M seam sealers for improved protection.
New For 2012
• New piston rings with tighter tolerances.
• New camshaft with improved materials and bearing surfaces.
• Improved 2 piece design for sidecar drive shaft yokes.
• New 2WD gear hubs for final drive and sidecar swing arm drive.
• New 1 piece intake branch pipes that eliminates center coupler and clamps.
New For 2011
• New paint options including more powder coated colors.
• New Aluminum rims on all models.
• Trunk locks standard all models.
• New Cordura (canvas) tonneau covers and aprons.
• New aluminum upper fork bolts.
• Improved high strength final drive ring gear bolts.
New For 2010
• Aluminum alloy rims for Patrol and Tourist models.
• Rocker arms with needle bearings.
• Bearing instead of bronze bushing on the camshaft.
• Polished ports of the cylinder head.
• Stainless steel on all tubular parts (bumpers, clips, handles etc.)
• 40mm Marzocchi forks for Retro model.
New For 2009
• Stainless steel exhaust pipes and mufflers
• Newly designed removable plate under the driver seat
• Standard (7/8′) handle bar size and removable risers.
• Bottom out travel limiter on sidecar swing arm.
• New NAK seals and SKF bearings.
• High quality 8.8 hardware used throughout.
2022 Ural Gear Up Guide Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
As we were working on the new system, we made a decision to standardize production so that we manufacture bikes in the same configuration for all our world markets including North America. Certification process is nearing the completion for US, and we are excited to report that the emission numbers far exceed the current US standards.
Other changes and improvements on 2022 models came as the result of the feedback from our customers, such as new and improved rear brakes and especially the central stand design…that one only took us a couple of decades. 🙂 We’ve also made standard certain adventure-ready features that were previously optional – the two-into-one high pipe exhaust and Heidenau K37 tires.
Find the pricing and more details on our website. Watch the short overview video from David and stay tuned for its extended version.
You might notice a distinctive logo badge on the steering head nut of the 2022 model that is featured in the videos and photos. This October is Ural Factory’s 80th anniversary! We are marking each 2022 model with commemorative 80th anniversary badge.
The first shipments of 2022’s are hitting US shores in September. Supply continues to be limited, please contact dealers to get the availability. If you can’t find the Ural of your dreams at a dealer’s inventory, please place your orders with your favorite dealer. A little insight: orders placed by the 15th of each month usually will fall into the following months production. You can expect 60-90 days delivery time. Disclaimer – these estimates are not guaranteed, it is just a relatively good guideline.
2022 Product Changes Insights
People often say Ural never changes, it looks exactly like my grandpa’s, which is true, sort of…. The look is almost just that, until you delve into the details. In this video, David George, as you have come to expect of him, gives you an insight into the changes, the reasons behind the changes and even some of the thinking and decision processes that let to 2022 as we have it now.
PS: About keeping “the look”……we meant it this way. Square lights forever! (jk)
2 Year Warranty
Every Ural comes with a 2 year, unlimited mileage warranty. A 3rd year can be purchased for $850 USD
2022 Ural Gear Up Guide – Totalmotorcycle.com Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $18999 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $23899 CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ See Dealer GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Engine and Transmission
- Displacement, cc: 749
- Engine type: OHV air cooled 2 cylinder 4 stroke “boxer” (flat twin)
- Valve per cylinder: 2
- Bore and stroke (mm x mm): 78 x 78
- Max output (hp): 41 @ 5500 rpm
- Max torque (ft-lbs): 42 @ 4300 rpm
- Compression: 10.5:1
- Fuel system: Throttle body EFI
- Starting: Electric & Kickstart
- Clutch Double-disc dry
- Transmission type: Manual
- Speeds: 4 forward 1 reverse
- Primary drive (rear wheel): Driveshaft
- Final drive ratio: 4.62
- Engageable sidecar wheel drive: Yes, driveshaft
- Overall length, inch.: 98.8
- Overall heights, inch.: 54.3
- Overall width, inch.: 63.6
- Seat height, (unladen), inch.: 32.0
- Ground clearance (unladen),inch.: 6.8
- Dry weight, lbs: 730
- Alternator: Denso, Peak Output 40 Amp @ 14vdc, 560 Wt
- Battery: YTX20-BS (12V, 20A)
- Headlight: H4
- Spark plugs: NGK BPR7HS-10
- Front suspension: IMZ leading link fork
- Rear suspension: Double sided swing-arm with two Sachs hydraulic spring shock absorbers, 7x adjustable
- Sidecar suspension: Single sided swing-arm with Sachs hydraulic spring shock absorber, 7x adjustable
- Wheels: 2.15X19 Aluminum rims with steel spokes
- Tires: Heindenau K37, 4.0×19′′
- Front brake: 4-piston fixed Brembo caliper with 295mm floating NG rotor
- Rear brake: Two-piston fixed Brembo caliper with a 265mm floating NG
rotor with a standalone mechanical parking brake caliper by J.Juan
- Sidecar brake: Two-piston fixed Brembo caliper with 245mm floating
- Fuel grade: 91 Octane, unleaded
- Fuel tank capacity, gallons: 5.0
- Reserve, gallons: app. 1
- Estimated fuel economy, mpg: 31-37
- Estimated range, miles: 155-185
- Recommended max cruising speed, mph: 70
- Max permissible weight, lbs:1325
- Trunk volume, cubic ft.: 2.9
- 2-years parts and labor unlimited mileage.
*MSRP Excludes tax, license, registration, delivery, set-up, and dealer-installed options. Bike may be shown with additional options. Dealer prices may vary. Due to regulations in California, additional cost may apply to bikes purchased in California. Model shown 2022 Gear Up*
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).