Contents: Review – Key Features – Features & Benefits – Specifications
Contents: Review – Key Features – Features & Benefits – Specifications
Introducing the 2023 Suzuki GSX-8S…
Work hard, play harder. The all-new GSX-8S features a torquey 776cc, 270° crank, parallel twin that delivers exciting performance and an exhilarating soundtrack throughout the rev range. A 5” TFT colour dash, bi-directional quick-shifter and aggressive design make for a refined yet thrilling ride on every journey.
The GSX-8S is propelled by an all-new 776cc DOHC 270° crank parallel twin engine focussed on dynamic performance. It delivers abundant torque for flexibility suited to a range of riders, paired with a powerful top end for an exciting and rewarding ride.
Ready to make a statement? Swing a leg over the all-new 2023 Suzuki GSX-8S and let your riding speak volumes. Engineered from the ground up as an innovative path for future Suzuki sportbikes, the GSX-8S is a brand-new naked street fighter with a robust engine, an agile chassis, a suite of rider aids, plus stunning looks with a smart price that’s a statement to your brilliance.
Joining Suzuki’s popular GSX-S series of street fighters, the GSX-8S is the ideal response to rider demands in the mid-size naked street bike category. In response to these demands, Suzuki engineers created a fully new package in a complementary engine and chassis size packed with the most desirable features in its category.
The new 776cc DOHC parallel twin engine employs 270-degree crankshaft timing with the industry-exclusive Suzuki Cross Balancer to deliver a smooth, torque-rich experience. This is ideal for riders who desire more power than a 650cc engine can deliver and does so in a reassuring and reliable way.
The rugged steel backbone frame takes advantage of the new engine’s compact size, resulting in a chassis that is nimble and stable on country roads, city streets, or the open highway. That wide ranging performance is achieved through quality suspension and braking components that provide Supersport-levels of performance.
A new, full color 5-inch TFT LCD multifunction instrument panel provides the rider access and on-the-fly control over the Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S.) suite of advanced electronic control systems that includes Suzuki Drive Mode Selector, the Suzuki Traction Control System*, and Suzuki’s Bi-directional Quick Shift system. Plus, the rider can enjoy that control in a sporty, yet ergonomically comfortable riding position.
Wrapped in unique styling and eye-catching colors, the GSX-8S features an aggressive, mass-forward look that is slim, compact, well balanced, and ready for action. The new GSX- 8S is set to become the best choice for street riders of all experience levels, so get to your Suzuki dealer and make your own statement.
INFINITE POTENTIAL. LIMITLESS FUN.
GSX-8S is a fresh, naked street fighter destined to set a new bar for rideability and performance. It offers endless possibilities – winning performance, confidence-inspiring controllability, and optimal comfort – to all riders. Infinitely rideable, it’s ideal for every kind of outing. It’s sporty, fun, and highly capable.
2023 Suzuki GSX-8S Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
The fully new GSX-8S is a thoroughly modern street fighter design that sets a trend for an exciting new generation of Suzuki motorcycles ready to carry the brand into the future.
New, compact 776cc parallel twin engine uses a 270-degree firing order for strong torque production and is equipped with Suzuki’s exclusive Cross Balancer system for smooth operation.
The Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS) smooths shifting and engine braking, while shifting has never been easier with the Bi-directional Quick Shift system.
High-quality KYB suspension delivers controlled handling while ABS-equipped** NISSIN radial-mounted 4-piston brake calipers with dual, floating brake rotors provide controlled stopping power.
The GSX-8S uses the Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S.) with a three-mode Suzuki Drive Mode Selector and the four-mode Advanced Traction Control System* plus the popular Easy Start & Low RPM Assist systems.
Select from Suzuki’s Pearl Cosmic Blue, Pearl Tech White, or Metallic Matte Black No. 2 / Glass Sparkle Black paint scheme – each featuring unique logos that help identify the sport’s newest sportbike.
*The Traction Control System is not a substitute for the rider’s throttle control. It cannot prevent loss of traction due to excessive speed when the rider enters a turn and/or applies the brakes. Neither can it prevent the front wheel from losing grip.
**Depending on road surface conditions, such as wet, loose, or uneven roads, braking distance for an ABS-equipped vehicle may be longer than for a vehicle not equipped with ABS. ABS cannot prevent wheel skidding caused by braking while cornering. Please ride carefully and do not overly rely on ABS.
GSX-S8 IS FULLY FOCUSED ON THE RIDER
In developing GSX-8S, Suzuki’s engineers looked at creating a motorcycle that is fully focused on the rider. The GSX-8S responds to the demands of riders of varying experience levels looking for the ideal package with approachable riding/body size plus features and specifications that make riding pure joy.
This result is a big step forward with a compact, yet powerful engine, chassis that contributes to straight-line stability, nimble handling, and a winning combination of features to thrill.
THE NEW GSX-8S ENGINE
The GSX-8S has a newly developed 776cm3 parallel-twin DOHC engine that delivers a fine balance of smooth, controllable power from low rpm and the pleasant feeling of free-revving performance to the high end.
GSX-8S is ideal for all riders. It offers both excitement and controllability for a manageable ride, so riders can focus on the fun.
This new engine introduces Suzuki Cross Balancer, which suppresses vibration for smoother operation and contributes to a lightweight powerplant that is more compact from front to rear.
Finally, the six-speed transmission realizes smooth shifting and improved controllability, and Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS) helps reduce fatigue on long rides and contributes to smoother shifting.
SUZUKI INTELLIGENT RIDE SYSTEM (SIRS)
Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (SIRS) is a system that better supports the rider in matching performance to the riding conditions, surface, or preferred riding style, resulting in a more pleasurable ride.
Bi-directional Quick Shift system (with ON/OFF) provides quicker and smoother operation without the need to operate the clutch lever
Suzuki Traction Control System (STCS) offers 3 modes and allows the rider to match the performance of the bike to the riding conditions
Ride-by-wire electronic throttle to respond faithfully to the rider’s intentions
ABS system contributes to more stable braking by helping prevent the wheels from locking up, even under hard braking
Suzuki Easy Start System starts the engine with one quick press of the starter button
Low RPM Assist helps maintain engine idle speed for smoother and easier starts
DESIGNED TO MAXIMIZE STABILITY, HANDLING AND EXCITEMENT
The new steel frame developed for the GSX-8S contributes to overall comfort, straight-line stability and nimble handling, letting the rider simply enjoy the ride.
Dual radial-mount front disc brake calipers act on 30mm floating-mount discs that provide sure stopping power and controllability.
KYB inverted front forks deliver a smooth, controllable ride.
Dunlop SPORTMAX Roadsport2 tires.
Uniquely shaped lightweight aluminum swingarm with enhanced torsional rigidity.
Tapered aluminum handlebars contribute to a comfortable upright riding position.
GSX-8S has a host of electronic features to enhance the riding experience. These include:
Custom 5-inch colour TFT LCD multifunction instrument panel for easy visibility night or day.
Vertically stacked LED headlights.
The advanced styling for the GSX-8S aims to set a new trend and usher in a new era of functional beauty, with body work that features flat surfaces and sharp lines to emphasize a compact, slim, well-balanced look.
The body work is minimized to expose parts such as the engine and seat rails, contributing to the naked look.
GSX-8S also features stacked hexagonal headlights, and LED position lights that are both compact and sharp. Additionally, GSX-8S has the shortest muffler ever mounted on a Suzuki motorcycle and newly-developed body colours that are fresh and appealing.
2023 Suzuki GSX-8S Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
The new design 776cc parallel-twin DOHC engine delivers a superb balance of smooth controllable torque-rich power from low RPM and freely revs up to its peak power output.
The 270-degree crankshaft configuration provides a similar, but more powerful experience as provided by the 90-degree V-twin engine used in the SV650 models.
The spaced nature of the engine’s power pulses enhances traction and contributes to strong power output at extremely low speeds, making the GSX-8S easy to maneuver in slow traffic or through tight corners.
Suzuki Cross Balancer technology, patented by Suzuki and used for the first time on a production motorcycle, helps create a compact, lightweight design that delivers smooth operation.
The pistons were developed using FEM (Infinite Element Method) analysis to maximize strength and minimize weight.
The 84mm cylinder bores inside the aluminum die-cast cylinders are plated using Suzuki’s SCEM process. Originally developed for racing and proven on the track, the SCEM cylinder promotes better heat dissipation, reduces friction, and provides a consistent wear resistant seal to the pistons’ rings.
Dual, linked 42mm electronic throttle bodies use a newly configured Accelerator Position Sensor (APS) to provide an authentic response and feel to the rider’s throttle operation.
The GSX-8S has two 10-hole, long-nose, 49 PSI (343kpa) high-pressure-feed fuel injectors that maximize fuel atomization for better combustion efficiency and lower fuel consumption.
The 6.0L air cleaner box shape and intake pipe lengths were created using computer-aided design to help maximize peak power output plus strong torque production at low engine speed. Positioned under the seat, the air box size and shape contribute to the GSX-8S’s slim chassis.
The GSX-8S has a new, distinctive short muffler design that produces an exciting and unique exhaust note. Most of the exhaust system is located under the chassis in an optimal, centralized location that benefits handling.
- The stainless-steel 2-into-1 exhaust system uses a high flow, dual-stage catalytic converter inside the mid-pipe that helps satisfy worldwide emissions standards.
- From the mid-pipe, the exhaust flows into an under-chassis chamber that has a short new muffler design with an upswept end cap that slightly protrudes from the right side of the chassis.
The digital ignition fires iridium-type spark plugs that increase spark strength and combustion efficiency, contributing to higher power, more linear throttle response, easier engine start-up, and a more stable idle. These quality components also last longer than conventional spark plugs.
A large capacity radiator effectively cools the parallel twin’s power output. A thermostatically controlled cooling fan helps stabilize coolant temperatures at low speed and stops.
The unique cooling system inlet control thermostat valve helps maintain consistent engine temperature and smooths the idle speed during warm-up. This helps stabilize combustion and contributes to reduced exhaust emissions.
Additional heat is removed from the engine via the use of a lightweight and compact liquid-cooled oil cooler (like those used on certain GSX-R models).
TRANSMISSION & DRIVELINE FEATURES
The six-speed transmission features gear ratios that deliver exciting acceleration, whether shifting normally or when using the standard-equipment Bi-directional Quick Shift system to shift without clutch operation.
The GSX-8S’s precise shift linkage helps the rider easily and quickly select the ideal gear for the riding conditions.
- A sensor on the shift rod sends shifter movement data to the ECM, so the Bi-directional Quick Shift system precisely responds to the rider’s actions.
The transmission’s output is managed by the Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS). This system works like a slipper clutch by allowing a small amount of clutch slip for smoother downshifts. It also works as an assist clutch, increasing plate pressure under acceleration, but always keeps the clutch lever pull light and precise.
- This large-diameter, wet, multi-plate clutch uses a precise cable-activated release, providing the rider with a light pull that also has superb friction-point feel.
Designed around the new, compact parallel twin engine and constructed with rugged steel pipe, the GSX-8S’s backbone style frame was developed to provide excellent straight-line stability, to contribute to nimble handling, and to perform well in the city, on twisty roads, and at highway speeds.
- The engine is suspended and precisely fit to the frame to create a rigid chassis that also provides the compliance required for sport riding.
- The frame and engine package helps create sporty chassis geometry with rider-friendly ergonomics.
The steel sub-frame has short and narrow seat rails that result in low and slim seating that helps riders maneuver the motorcycle and touch the ground at stops.
- GSX-8S seat height: 31.9 in. (810 mm).
Matched to the GSX-8S’s chassis geometry and suspension is a new, uniquely shaped aluminum swingarm that enhances vertical, lateral, and torsional rigidity to aid straight-line stability and controlled cornering.
Created solely for the GSX-8S, the front fork and single-shock rear suspensions’ spring rate and valving were tuned to maximize performance and comfort when riding on city street or twisty roads.
- The KYB-supplied inverted fork has 41mm inner tubes with 5.1-inches (130 mm) of travel delivers a plush, controllable ride thanks to carefully selected spring rates and damping characteristics that are well suited to sporty rides or long-distance runs.
- The link-type mono-shock KYB rear suspension is set up to contribute to straight-line stability and agility, even when carrying a passenger.
- Rear wheel travel is 5.1 in. (130 mm).
- The cam-style spring preload adjuster is particularly useful when heading out to ride tandem or adding cargo.
The GSX-8S rides on new design, 17-inch lightweight, cast aluminum wheels that look great and contribute to the bike’s nimble handling and sporty performance.
- Front rim size is 17 x 3.5 in., rear rim size is 17 x 5.5 in.
Dunlop’s new-generation Roadsport 2 radial tires (120/70ZR17 at the front and a wide 180/55ZR17 at the rear) are custom-engineered to perform optimally on the GSX-8S, providing great grip in dry or wet conditions, faster warm-up, and long tread life.
- These new wheels and tires were developed to work in harmony with the new KYB suspension to provide great grip, stability and nimble handling while providing a comfortable ride.
Dual front brakes with fully floating 310mm discs and radially mounted NISSIN four-piston calipers provide strong and consistent stopping power.
The front brakes are complemented by a 240mm stainless-steel rear disc brake with a NISSIN single-piston caliper to help ensure controlled stops.
Both the front and rear brakes can be modulated by a compact Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)** controller to match stopping force to the available traction.
The GSX-8S features a wheelbase that is longer than a typical naked street fighter, and this contributes to straight-line stability. Even so, the chassis geometry was adjusted to ensure nimble handling and cornering ability, while keeping the motorcycle compact.
The GSX-8S features an upright riding position for superior comfort and control. The compact parallel engine allows the rider’s foot pegs to be set further forward, creating a reasonable sport riding position between the handlebar, footrests, and seat.
- The matte black tapered cast-aluminum handlebar contributes to the excellent riding ergonomics, with great vibration damping and a performance-oriented style.
- In addition to increased comfort and a more upright posture, these changes make it easier for the rider to steer the front end with less effort.
The front brake lever features a multi-step adjuster that permits quick adjustment of the lever’s distance from the grip.
The rider’s seat is designed for comfortable sport riding, delivering solid support for the rider. The rear edge of the seat is shaped to offer freedom of movement and is covered in a cover that provides positive grip.
- Compared to the GSX-S750, the seat is lower, with a low height of 31.9 inches (810 mm), and contributes to the sporty, yet upright riding position and helps riders plant their feet on the ground when stopped.
- Positioned on the motorcycle higher so the passenger can see over the rider’s shoulder, the rear seat shape matches the GSX-8S’s angular styling but has ample padding.
- This separate pillion seat includes a hand strap for the passenger and can be replaced with an optional sport cowl for solo rides with a race-inspired style.
- Both seats are covered in a rugged, weather-resistant cover that provides a good balance between grip and smooth movement.
The front fender features a bold upright strut that extends upward toward its leading edge. In addition to adding strength, this strut contributes to the GSX-8S’s sporty appearance.
The 3.7-gallon (14L) fuel tank has narrow rear section that flows into the front of the rider’s seat, creating additional clearance for the rider’s knees.
- The internal construction and cap of the fuel tank were engineered so the gasoline capacity is the same for both the 49-state and California versions.
The GSX-8S fulfills the goal of creating a thoroughly modern design that sets a trend for an exciting new generation of Suzuki motorcycles ready to carry the brand into the future. As the 2022 GSX-S1000 established a new design direction featuring sharp lines and an edgy futuristic look, the GSX-8S takes it’s styling to an exciting new space.
- The angular stacked LED headlights within the pointed upper cowling are further defined by strips of position lights that bring a unique new face to motorcycling.
- The fuel tank’s front cover flows into the larger, pointed radiator shrouds that protrude past the fork legs bringing further attention to the pointed upper cowling.
- The bike’s sharp nose is offset by the short, compact muffler outlet, exposed subframe, and slim tail section creating a compact body that emphasizes the new parallel twin engine.
The 2023 GSX-8S boldly arrives with three body color choices:
- Pearl Cosmic Blue (QU1): is a brand-new color created exclusively for the GSX-8S. Its bright, solid pearl finish creates an appearance that changes depending on how the light strikes it, even providing the impression the body is illuminated in low light settings.
- Pearl Tech White (QU2): is also introduced for the first time on any Suzuki, this bold, pearly white finish creates a mechanically futuristic appearance. The Pearl Cosmic Blue wheels, exposed blue sub-frame, and graphics make the entire motorcycle stand out in any setting.
- Metallic Matte Black No. 2 / Glass Sparkle Black (KGL): Suzuki’s popular, glossy, and flat black combination finish perfectly captures the GSX-8S’s street fighter soul.
The GSX-8S adopts the fresh new graphics and fonts that first appeared on the 2022 GSX-S1000. This not only connects this new model to the S1000’s naked roadster legacy, but further emphasizes the “8S” moniker which resembles the endless loop of the infinity symbol.
SUZUKI INTELLIGENT RIDE SYSTEM (S.I.R.S.) FEATURES
The advanced electronic systems of the Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S.) lets GSX-8S riders optimize performance characteristics to best suit their riding style, level of experience, and the riding conditions. This makes the GSX-8S more controllable, more predictable, and more enjoyable on a spirited ride, on a longer trip, or commuting, and it always adds up to a more exciting, confident, and fun riding experience.
The 2023 GSX-8S’s S.I.R.S. suite includes the Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (SDMS), the Suzuki Traction Control System* (STCS) and the Bi-directional Quick Shift System (QS) that supports the rider in a variety of conditions.
- The S.I.R.S. suite of rider aids also includes the Ride-by-Wire Electronic Throttle System, the Suzuki Easy Start, and Low RPM Assist systems for accurate and convenient motorcycle operation.
Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (S-DMS)
- S-DMS provides the rider a choice of three different engine power output modes. Working in concert with the Traction Control System*, S-DMS permits peak power in each mode while changing the nature of the power delivery.
- These three modes (A, B, and C) provide the rider a quick and easy way to alter the GSX-8S’s power delivery characteristic to match his or her riding style, or adjust to changing weather, road surface, and other conditions.
- Mode A (Active)is for active, sporty use that delivers the sharpest throttle response as the rider opens the throttle. Mode A’s torque characteristics are finely tuned to deliver exciting acceleration when hitting the throttle hard, such as when participating in track day events or enjoying a sporty run on clean, winding roads in good weather.
- Mode B (Basic)is for general, all-around riding, as it features softer throttle response and a more linear power delivery curve as the rider opens the throttle. Settings are tuned to fit a wide range of riding styles and conditions, and to help make the bike more controllable in everyday riding situations.
- Mode C (Comfort)offers a softer throttle response and more gentle torque characteristics, with power increasing in a directly linear fashion as the throttle is opened. This mode is useful when riding on wet or slippery surfaces, or when the rider desires a relaxing, comfortable ride.
- Using the mode and select switches on the left handlebar, the rider can change S-DMS modes while riding. The mode settings are clearly displayed on the TFT instrument panel.
Suzuki Traction Control System (STCS)*
- The four-mode STCS on the 2023 GSX-8S lets the rider control the throttle with more confidence by limiting rear wheel spin in a variety of riding conditions.
- STCS continuously monitors front and rear wheel speeds, throttle opening, engine speed, and transmission gear. It quickly reduces engine output when it detects wheel spin by adjusting ignition timing and air delivery.
- The rider can select one of four modes (1, 2, 3, and OFF). The three active modes differ in terms of rear wheel spin sensitivity.
- Mode 1is the lowest sensitivity – it allows a certain degree of rear wheel spin and is best suited for good road conditions.
- Mode 2is a moderate sensitivity level – the system engages traction control sooner than Mode 1 and is for average road conditions.
- Mode 3is the highest sensitivity level – the system engages traction control sooner than the other modes to virtually eliminate wheel spin, and is well-suited for poor or slippery road conditions, like wet and cold surfaces.
- OFFdisengages all traction control features – the rider has sole control of the engine’s throttle and any resulting rear wheel spin.
- The STCS modes are displayed on the TFT instrument panel and can be changed on-the-fly, using the left handlebar switch. When the system is trimming power to prevent wheel spin, the TC icon on the instrument panel will illuminate and flash.
Ride-by-Wire Electronic Throttle System
- The electronic throttle system uses the capability of the GSX-8S’s 32-bit, dual-processor ECM, and CAN-bus wire harness to convert throttle grip movement and sensor input into to practically instantaneous and precise throttle plate movement in the two 42mm throttle bodies.
- This system also tunes throttle body action to best match each of the S-DMS modes. The result is a controllable, linear power delivery that responds faithfully to the rider’s intentions, whether commuting or enjoying a sporty ride on a winding road.
Bi-directional Quick Shift System (QS)
- This QS system allows the GSX-8S rider to shift up or down quickly and easily, without operating the clutch or throttle.
- To ensure smoother upshifts, QS automatically interrupts power delivery just long enough to produce smooth, almost uninterrupted acceleration. When decelerating, the system automatically opens the throttle valves just enough to increase RPM and match engine speed to the next-lower gear. The result is that this hands-free, automatic function combines seamlessly with engine braking to create a highly satisfying experience when downshifting.
- The bi-directional QS works seamlessly in concert with S-DMS to bring riders even greater riding enjoyment.
- Performance of the GSX-8S’s SACS-style, assist-and-slipper clutch ensures even smoother up- and down-shifts when using QS or manual clutch operation.
- An icon on the TFT instrument panel (between the speedometer and gear position display) indicates QS status. The QS system can be easily switched on or off using the left handlebar switch.
- The shift sensor on the shift rod sends shifter movement data to the ECM, so the Bi-directional Quick Shift system precisely responds to the rider’s actions.
The Suzuki Easy Start System
- Easy Start allows the rider to easily start the engine with a single, momentary press of the starter button. In any weather condition or with any engine temperature, there is no need to hold down the starter button until the engine fires. Easy Start is managed by the ECM so that the starter motor automatically stops once the engine has started.
The Low RPM Assist System
- The Low RPM Assist system seamlessly increases engine speed to smooth the power delivery when launching from a standing start or riding at low speeds, which helps ensure better control and operation in stop-and-go traffic. The system also minimizes the possibility of the rider stalling the motorcycle during take-off.
S.I.R.S. Supporting Technologies
- Controller Area Network (CAN bus)
- Key to the operation of the S.I.R.S., the GSX-8S uses an interconnected information network instead of a conventional wiring harness.
- Because it requires fewer wires, this CAN bus wiring lets the vehicle be lighter and simpler and provides a way for the advanced components – such as the quick shifter – to have faster data transmission with the ECM.
- The CAN bus also provides a single connection point for diagnosing any errors that may occur throughout the entire network.
- Engine Control Module (ECM)
- The 32-bit, dual-core ECM has a fast processor and new programming to efficiently operate the fuel-injection system, Ride-by-Wire throttle bodies, ignition, and other electrical features on the GSX-8S.
The 2023 GSX-8S instrument panel uses a new-generation 5-inch, full-color TFT LCD screen.
This high-quality instrument panel is set into the upper cowl above the handlebars, for good visibility and protection from road debris. The TFT panel features a scratch-resistant surface, and an anti-reflective coating that improves visibility in bright light.
The brightness adjustable TFT display delivers a wide range of useful information, keeping the rider fully aware of all the bike’s systems, settings, and real-time operating status.
- The display can be set for manual or automatic switching between Day Mode (white background) and Night Mode (black background). The display’s general brightness can be set to automatically adjust to the ambient light-level, or manually set to suit the rider’s preference.
The TFT panel provides operational information in an easily recognizable way:
- The left side of the panel has an analog tachometer animation with a sweeping red needle that accurately shows engine speed all the way up to the 9,250 RPM redline.
- The tachometer can be preset to flash at certain engine speeds, acting like a shift light (it can be set in 250 RPM increments within a range from 4,000 to 9,250 RPM).
- To the left, center of the panel is a digital speedometer, quick-shift system status indicator, and gear position indicator. Directly below the speed display is a fuel level gauge.
- The upper right portion of the panel displays the clock and S.I.R.S. feature information such as the Traction Control, and S-DMS settings.
- Depending upon the rider’s selection, the lower portion of the right side of the panel can display coolant temperature, ambient air temperature, odometer, dual tripmeters, fuel consumption, and riding range.
- The panel can also be configured to display large pop-up alerts and warnings. These alerts can present service reminders or advise of an operational issue.
The main TFT panel is flanked by LED indicators, including:
- Left-turn signal indicator, MIL (Malfunction Indication Lamp), neutral indicator light, master warning indicator, high-beam indicator light, right-turn signal indicator, TC (Traction Control) indicator, low oil pressure warning light, ABS indicator, and coolant temperature warning light.
The charging system uses a durable, oil-cooled three-phase stator. A high-capacity, maintenance-free style battery and fuses are easily accessible under the seat.
- Charging output is 375W @ 5,000 RPM
The handlebar switches are designed for intuitive operation (so the rider can better maintain focus on the road).
- The right handlebar switch includes a poly-function engine stop-on-start rocker switch and a hazard flasher switch.
- The left handlebar switch was designed so selecting modes and making settings and adjustments for each of the advanced S.I.R.S. features simply involves operating the MODE button and the UP/DOWN switch (which recognizes long and short presses).
- Headlight control is literally a flip of the finger – the left index finger to be precise. Set on the forward side of the left handlebar switch, the headlight control lever easily toggles between low beam, high beam, and flashing the high beam.
The GSX-8S front cowl houses a stacked pair of hexagonal headlights that employ the bright, Mono-focus LED light technology that provides the rider clear and bright illumination of the road ahead.
- Supplied by Koito®, the independent, polygon-shaped, high- and low-beam headlights feature Mono-focus LED technology that shines light directly through a convex lens to brightly illuminate the road.
Thin, compact LED position lights trace the forward section of the front cowl. The angled design of the narrow slits of bright light add to the unique appearance of this new streetfighter.
The GSX-8S’s front LED turn signals are mounted in thin, arrow-shaped housings, extending outward from the upper portion of the front cowl. Mounted to the side of the rear LED taillight the rear turn signals use the same lightweight and low-draw LED illumination as the front signals.
With lower electrical draw than conventional lighting, the LED headlights, position light, turn signals and taillight complement the GSX-8S’s sharp, angular styling while improving both visibility and durability.
A variety of Genuine Suzuki Accessories are available for the GSX-8S, such as a solo seat cowl, meter visor (acting as a sport screen), billet clutch and brake levers, fuel tank and engine cover protectors, clip-on tank bags, plus a selection of Suzuki logo apparel.
12-month unlimited mileage limited warranty. Longer coverage periods with other benefits available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP).*
*Subject to separate coverage for certain parts and the exclusions and limitations described in the New On-Road Motorcycle Limited Warranty.
2023 Suzuki GSX-8S – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $ See Dealer USD
Canada MSRP Price: $ See Dealer CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ See Dealer GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Engine776cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC parallel-twin
Bore x Stroke0 mm x 70 mm (3.3 in. x 2.8 in.)
Fuel SystemFuel injection
LubricationForce-fed circulation, wet sump
ClutchWet, multi-plate type
Transmission6-speed constant mesh
Final DriveO-ring style drive chain, 525 x 118L
Suspension FrontInverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
Suspension RearLink type, single shock, coil spring, oil damped
Brakes FrontNISSIN, Radial-mount 4-piston calipers, twin disc, ABS-equipped
Brakes RearNISSIN, 1-piston caliper, single disc, ABS-equipped
Tires Front120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless
Tires Rear180/55ZR17M/C (73W), tubeless
Fuel Tank Capacity0 L (3.7 US gal.)
ColorPearl Cosmic Blue, Pearl Tech White, or Metallic Matte Black No. 2 / Glass Sparkle Black
IgnitionElectronic ignition (transistorized)
Spark PlugIridium type x 2
HeadlightMono-focus LED x 2
Overall Length2115 mm (83.3 in.)
Overall Width775 mm (30.5 in.)
Overall Height1105 mm (43.5 in.)
Wheelbase1465 mm (57.7 in.)
Ground Clearance145 mm (5.7 in.)
Seat Height810 mm (31.9 in.)
Curb Weight202 kg (445 lb.)
Warranty12-month unlimited mileage limited warranty
ExtensionLonger coverage periods with other benefits available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP)
2023 Suzuki GSX-8S – Totalmotorcycle.com Canada Specifications/Technical Details
|Type||4-stroke, 2-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC|
|Displacement||776 cm3 (47.4 cu. in.)|
|Bore x Stroke||84.0 mm x 70.0 mm (3.3 in. x 2.8 in.)|
|Compression Ratio||12.8 : 1|
|Fuel System||Fuel injection, Ride-by-Wire equipped|
|Lubrication||Forced feed circulation, Wet sump|
|Ignition||Electronic ignition (transistorized)|
|Oil Capacity||3.9 L (1.0/4.1 US/Imp qt)|
|Traction Control||Suzuki Traction Control System|
|ABS||Suzuki Antilock Braking System|
|Transmission||6-speed constant mesh|
|Length||2115 mm (83.3 in.)|
|Width||775 mm (30.5 in.)|
|Height||1,105 mm (43.5 in.)|
|Wheelbase||1,465 mm (57.7 in.)|
|Seat Height||810 mm (31.9 in.)|
|Curb Mass||202 kg (445 lbs.)|
|Brakes Front||Disc, twin|
|Tires Front||120/70ZR17M/C (58W) tubeless|
|Tires Rear||180/55ZR17M/C (73W) tubeless|
|Fuel Tank||14L (3.7/3.1 US/lmp gal)|
12-month unlimited mileage limited warranty
2023 Suzuki GSX-8S – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHTS
|Overall length||2,115mm (83.3in)||Overall width||775mm (30.5in)|
|Overall height||1,105mm (43.5in)||Wheelbase||1,465mm (57.7in)|
|Ground clearance||145mm (5.7in)||Seat height||810 mm (31.9in)|
|Kerb mass||202kg (445lbs)||Fuel capacity||14.0L (3.1UK gallons)|
|Engine capacity||776cc||Engine||4-stroke, 2-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC|
|Bore||84.0 x 70.0 (3.3in x 2.8in)||Compression ratio||12.8 : 1|
|Lubrication||Wet Sump||Ignition||Electronic ignition (transistorised)|
|Fuel system||Fuel Injection||Transmission||6-speed constant mesh|
|Power||61kW @ 8,500rpm (82.9PS)||Torque||78Nm @ 6,800rpm (60.2lb. ft)†|
|Front suspension||Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped||Rear suspension||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Front brakes||Disc, twin||Rear brakes||Disc|
|Front tyres||120/70ZR17M/C (58W)||Rear tyres||180/55ZR17M/C (73W)|
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).