Introducing the 2024 Honda CRF150R…
The CRF150R uses performance technology based on our championship winning CRF450R and CRF250R. And this bike handles. Only one step below its bigger brothers, the CRF150R carves corners, rides ruts and catches air like only a CRF-R can. The strong, slim and lightweight steel tube frame mounts a low-friction, long-travel, fully adjustable inverted front fork – just like its big brothers. With performance DNA this strong, you’ll be winning races in no time.
Strong, light and agile.
With strong, lightweight frame, large wheels and revised suspension settings for the 37mm inverted Showa front fork and Pro-Link rear suspension system, the CRF150R offers the rider the confidence needed to get ‘airborne’. Once you find higher levels of expertise, manoeuvres both on the ground and in the air will start to come naturally to you.
Serving as the perfect entry point for young, aspiring motocross racers, the CRF150R is the smallest machine in Honda’s CRF Performance lineup. It’s offered in both standard and Big Wheel versions, the latter is a great choice for taller riders thanks to its larger wheels, higher seat and additional rear-suspension travel. The scaled-down motocrosser boasts many of the same features found on Honda’s full-size motocross bikes, including Showa® suspension (an inverted fork and a single shock mated to a Pro-Link® rear system), and a Unicam® four-stroke engine that is unique in the mini MX world, delivering a strong but smooth spread of power across the rev range.
The journey goes on.
When things start to get more competitive, you need a bike that can step up with you. This is it – the CRF150R. Armed with a powerful 4-stroke Unicam® engine, that’s smooth and easy to control, a light twist-grip action gives accurate throttle response while its wide rev-range leaves other riders trailing in the roost. Now, you’re ready.
2024 Honda CRF150R Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
- 150cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke Unicam® engine
- Track-designed chassis
- Pro-Link® rear suspension
- Front and rear disc brakes
- Strong, lightweight wheels
- “Direct push” accelerator pump
- Designed for smaller 150-class racers
American Honda Announces Return of Championship-Winning CRF Models
- CRF Performance lineup returns for 2024 with nine great models
- Four-model CRF Trail family is back, ready to deliver off-road fun
- Sport-naked CB300R and Pioneer 700 multipurpose side-by-side return
Following one of the most successful AMA Supercross seasons on record, with Team Honda HRC riders Chase Sexton, Hunter Lawrence and Jett Lawrence sweeping all three championships, Honda’s iconic line of CRF Performance and Trail dirt bikes returns for the 2024 model year. Also included in the announcement is the return of the sport-naked CB300R and Pioneer 700 multipurpose side-by-side.
Between the CRF Performance and CRF Trail lineups, Honda offers a wide range of off-road motorcycles that covers nearly every category, from elite-level motocross to family-friendly trail riding. The CRF Performance line includes the CRF450R, CRF450RWE, CRF450R-S, CRF450RX, CRF450X, CRF450RL, CRF250R, CRF250RX and CRF150R, each of which are tailored to push the upper limits in its respective realm of off-road riding and racing. For riders seeking a more relaxed or beginner-friendly experience, the CRF Trail family—including the CRF250F, CRF125F, CRF110F and CRF50F—offer user-friendly design, unmatched reliability, ease of maintenance and hours of fun. In addition to the CRF models, the agile and responsive CB300R brings signature sport-naked styling for 2024, and rounding out the announcement is the middleweight Pioneer 700, a multipurpose side-by-side known for its endless versatility and capability.
“It’s been an unprecedented year for Honda and the CRF Performance line,” said Brandon Wilson, American Honda Manager of Sports & Experiential. “Team Honda HRC has done an incredible job of showcasing just how capable Honda’s dirt bikes are. The knowledge gained from our championship-winning racing efforts trickles down to every model in the lineup, and even to the fun, friendly CRF Trail models, helping owners to make outdoor memories with family and friends.
We’re also pleased to welcome back the CB300R and the Pioneer 700 for 2024. We’re proud to deliver this diverse and capable range of products, offering customers numerous ways to enjoy the outdoors.”
2024 Honda CRF150R Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
ENGINE / DRIVETRAIN
- High-performance Unicam cylinder-head design
- 149.7cc engine displacement
- Compact, lightweight engine assembly weighs only 43.6 pounds
- Twin-sump lubrication system separates the oil supply for the crankshaft, piston and valve train from the clutch and transmission. This ensures a supply of cool oil to the clutch, eliminates potential clutch and transmission material contamination of the engine oil, reduces the amount of circulating oil, and permits the use of a smaller oil pump
- Cylinder head, piston, camshaft, and carburetor provide power, torque, and rideability throughout the powerband
- Lightweight, compact, internal auto decompression and handlebar-mounted hot-start system provide easy starting, hot or cold
- 32mm Keihin FCR carburetor with an accelerator-pump circuit provides accurate fuel metering, resulting in crisp throttle response and good rideability throughout the powerband
- Suspension settings provide good action through even the toughest of track conditions
- Exhaust system uses a lightweight stainless-steel header and re-packable aluminum muffler
- Durable close-ratio five-speed transmission\
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION
- Front and rear suspension settings unique to the CRF150R deliver ideal bump-absorption characteristics
- Lightweight, high-tensile steel frame with large-diameter frame tubing and cross-member provides excellent turning performance and straight-line tracking
- 37mm leading-axle inverted Showa cartridge fork features friction-reducing design to improve compression and rebound control
- Pro-Link rear suspension
- Strong, lightweight wheels are durable and minimize unsprung weight
- Lightweight front and rear disc brakes with high-performance pads offer powerful, precise braking
- Stout 15mm front and 17mm rear axles incorporate a surface-treatment for added strength and durability
- Large-capacity airbox and reusable two-stage foam air filter
- Lightweight plastic body components (radiator shroud, side covers, rear fender, seat base, fuel tank, front fender, and front number plate) offer a slim, aggressive style
- High-performance Dunlop tires
- HRC works-type rear-brake system integrates the rear master cylinder and fluid reservoir, eliminating the separate rear master-cylinder reservoir and hose
START FAST, FINISH FIRST
At Honda, we produce a whole line of bikes built for fun. But when you’re talking about a CRF150R or CRF150R Expert, you’re talking about a pair of bikes built to win. Offering two sizes means you can pick which one is right for your future champion based on how tall they are—the bikes’ engine, frame, and power output are the same. The Expert has bigger wheels and a longer swingarm, so you’ll find it fits taller riders a bit better. Both feature our high-performance Unicam® engine, a Honda exclusive that’s light, compact, high-revving and powerful. If you want to find out what victory tastes like, get on a Honda CRF150R or a CRF150R Expert.
The CRF150R uses a Unicam engine based on our championship-winning CRF450R. Designed to give you excellent rideability and more power and torque across the rev range, the engine runs consistently at different tracks—it’s an all-around winner.
The CRF150R uses a carburetor featuring a “direct push” accelerator pump which gives you better, more immediate throttle response.
A lightweight, high-tensile steel frame with large-diameter frame tubing and crossmember delivers excellent turning performance and straight-line tracking.
PRO-LINK® REAR SUSPENSION
The CRF150R’s Pro-Link® rear-suspension system features a fully adjustable Showa® shock for superb bump absorption and wheel control.
The adjustable 37mm leading-axle inverted Showa® cartridge fork features specially tuned valving for small bumps and a friction-reducing design to improve compression and rebound control.
FRONT DISC BRAKE
The front disc brake provides powerful, precise braking.
Strong, lightweight wheels are durable and minimize unsprung weight.
REAR DISC BRAKE
The rear disc brake provides powerful, precise braking.
BIG-BIKE MX GRAPHICS
The CRF150R features clean, bold, bright graphics, updated for 2023, that look like our CRF450R’s. Look like a pro, ride like a pro.
2024 Honda CRF150R – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $5,399 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $ See Dealer CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £NA GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
|Type||149.7cc water-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke|
|Valve Train||Unicam®, four-valve; 26mm intake, steel; 22.5mm exhaust, steel|
|Bore x Stroke||66.0mm x 43.7mm|
|Induction||Keihin 32mm flat-slide carburetor w/ Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)|
|Ignition||CD w/ electronic advance|
|Driveline||#420 chain; 15T/50T||#420 chain; 15T/56T|
|Transmission||Close-ratio 5-speed manual|
|Front||37mm fully adjustable leading-axle inverted conventional Showa cartridge fork; 10.8 in. travel|
|Rear||Pro-Link fully adjustable Showa single shock; 10.7 in. travel||Pro-Link fully adjustable Showa single shock; 11.1 in. travel|
|Front||Single hydraulic caliper w/ 220mm disc|
|Rear||Single hydraulic caliper w/ 190mm disc|
|Rake (castor angle)||27.2°||27.48°|
|Trail||78mm (3.1 in.)||96mm (3.8 in.)|
|Length||72.1 in.||74.8 in.|
|Height||44.6 in.||46.1 in.|
|Seat Height||32.8 in.||34.1 in.|
|Ground Clearance||11.9 in.||13.2 in.|
|Wheelbase||49.6 in.||50.6 in.|
|Fuel Capacity||1.1 gal.|
|Curb Weight*||185 lbs.||187 lbs.|
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride
Meets current CARB and EPA emissions standards
2024 Honda CRF150R – Totalmotorcycle.com Canada Specifications/Technical Details
Engine & Drivetrain
Bore & stroke
66 mm x 43.7 mm
Unicam, 4 valves
Keihin 32 mm flat-slide carb with Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)
#420 chain; 15T/50T
Chassis & Suspension
37mm fully adjustable leading-axle inverted Showa® cartridge fork; 275 mm (10.8 in) travel
Pro-Link® fully adjustable Showa single shock; 272 mm (10.7 in.) travel
Dimensions & Additional Information
Front: 220 mm disc
Rear: 190 mm disc
301 mm (11.9 in.)
832 mm (32.8 in.)
1,260 mm (49.6 in.)
83.9 kg (185 lb.)
2024 Honda CRF150R – Totalmotorcycle.com Europe Specifications/Technical Details
Bore × Stroke (mm) 66 x 43.8
Carburation 32mm Keihin FCR flat slide carburettor with throttle position sensor (TPS)
Compression Ratio 11.7:1
Engine Displacement (cc) 149.7
Engine Type Liquid-Cooled 4-Stroke 4-Valve Unicam Single
Brakes Front 220mm hydraulic disc with single-piston caliper and sintered metal pads
Brakes Rear 190mm hydraulic disc with single piston caliper and sintered metal pads
Suspension Front 37mm inverted Showa leading-axle telescopic fork with adjustable compression and rebound damping; 275mm axle travel
Suspension Rear Pro-Link with single Showa damper, adjustable compression and rebound damping; 273mm axle travel
Tyre Size Front 70/100-19
Tyre Size Rear 90/100-16
Wheels Front Aluminium rim/wire spoke
Wheels Rear Aluminium rim/wire spoke
Dimensions and Weights
Caster Angle 27°
Dimensions (L×W×H) (mm) 1,900 x 770 x 1,171
Frame type Semi-double; Steel tube
Fuel Tank Capacity (Litres) 4.3 litres
Ground Clearance (mm) 336
Kerb Weight (kg) 84.4
Seat Height (mm) 866
Trail (mm) 96
Wheelbase (mm) 1285
Clutch Wet, multiplate
Final Drive #420 Roller Chain
Instruments and Electrics
Ignition System Solid-state Capacitor Discharge (CDI) with electronic advance
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).