Introducing the 2024 Husqvarna FE350s…
Striking the perfect balance between power and handling, the FE 350s is an exceptional dual-sport machine. Powered by a new engine, which is positioned inside a new frame to centralize mass, together with the new WP XACT Suspension, handling and overall performance are much improved for 2024. Complete with a fresh, Swedish-inspired look and assembled with premium components throughout, the FE 350s ensures exceptional comfort throughout extended time in the saddle.
2024 Husqvarna FE350s Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
Husqvarna Motorcycles – Enduro Model Year 2024
Husqvarna Motorcycles’ all-new 2024 TE, FE, FEs, and FEw machines set a new standard for riding offroad. Expertly crafted with new frames, subframes, bodywork, suspension, and brakes, the extended list of shared innovations across the new enduro platform further improves the overall rideability of all seven machines.
The change to WP XACT Closed Cartridge spring forks will be favored by many riders, and by incorporating a mid-valve piston and hydrostop, smooth action and predictable performance is guaranteed. A redesigned WP XACT shock features a new piston to improve comfort and is 100 g lighter and 15 mm shorter while retaining 300 mm of travel. Both the fork and shock settings can be adjusted by hand for a fast and easy personalized set-up.
Working in perfect harmony with the WP suspension is the new chromium molybdenum steel frame. Improving anti-squat behavior and offering revised flex characteristics, the chassis, which includes a new and much more durable polyamide/aluminum hybrid subframe, guarantees each machine is exceptionally agile without sacrificing straight line stability.
All models feature new bodywork adorned with modern, Swedish-inspired graphics and a new high-grip seat cover. The rider triangle has been refined to provide more knee contact and therefore, better control. The slim design of the bodywork offers complete freedom of movement when riding. The new LED headlight produces a brighter light output and is installed with a much more efficient and user-friendly mounting system.
The TE 150, TE 250 and TE 300 2-stroke models are now powered by new engines that are fueled using Throttle Body Injection (TBI) technology. Introduced to maintain their best-in-class performance, TBI guarantees a much more consistent and controllable spread of power throughout the rev range, even in the toughest of conditions.
The competition FE 450, dual-sport FE 350s and FE 501s, and new 50-state off-highway compliant FE 350w and FE 501w machines benefit from new and much more compact engines. Positioned in the frame two degrees backwards when compared to the previous generation, the engines are designed to centralize mass and contribute to the improved anti-squat behavior of the chassis. In addition, the engines position all major components as centrally as possible for improved handling as well as generating maximum torque and power.
The line-up is complete with premium components shared across the range including a new LED headlight, enhanced BRAKTEC brakes with high performance GSK discs, a combined start/stop button, ProTaper handlebars, and Michelin enduro tires.
2024 Technical Highlights
- New chromium molybdenum steel frame optimized for improved anti-squat behavior and enhanced flex characteristics
- New polyamide/aluminum hybrid subframe offers exceptional strength and durability
- New 48 mm WP XACT Closed Cartridge spring forks deliver consistent damping and predictable handling
- New WP XACT rear shock is lighter and developed specifically for enduro riding
- New ergonomic bodywork offers revised rider triangle for enhanced control
- New 2-stroke engines feature TBI technology for improved rideability and ease of use
- New 4-stroke engines provide class-leading power and torque
- New LED headlight provides a brighter light output and simplified fitment
- New BRAKTEC brake system and high-performance GSK discs provide superior stopping power
- New multifunctional Map Select Switch design controls the Quickshifter and Traction Control (FE 450 only)
- New Offroad Control Unit (OCU) for highest level of reliability and user-friendly serviceability of electronics
- Premium-quality ProTaper handlebar and ODI Grips
- Electric starter powered by a lightweight Li-ion 2.0 Ah battery
2024 Husqvarna FE350s Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
The newly designed engine is tilted 2° backwards and therefore comes with a repositioned sprocket, which is 3 mm lower compared to the previous generation. The big benefit of this new design is improved anti squat behavior of the whole chassis.
Service markers on the engine (▲) clearly show where to use washers, making maintenance and servicing easier than in the past.
- All major components and shaft arrangements are carefully designed and placed to best suit the performance and handling characteristics of the overall package. The 350 cc engine is not only light at 63.4 lb (28.8 kg) but also remarkably powerful.
- Light and compact engine design for optimized mass-centralization
- Weight of 2024 engine 63.4 lb (28.8 kg)
- Weight of 2023 engine 61.7 lb (28.0 kg)
- Including oil, shift lever, sprocket, and vent hose
- Outstanding, high revving performance engine with 11,500 rpm rev-limit
- Low friction design, reducing overall drag and vibrations
- Engine tilted 2° backwards with repositioned sprocket (3 mm lower)
- Improved serviceability of engine internals with added service markers
The fully redesigned DOHC cylinder head features finger followers with a Diamond Like Carbon (DLC) coating, resulting in minimal friction and optimal performance. These actuate large steel valves (36.3 mm intake, 29.1 mm exhaust) which at the 11,500-rpm rev-limit open and close multiple times each second introducing fuel/air mixture to the carefully designed combustion chamber delivering efficient and optimal power throughout the rev-range.
The 29.1 mm exhaust valve is a result of the redesigned engine to deliver an optimized gas flow. Valve timings work perfectly in harmony with the redesigned and new camshaft.
For improved serviceability and maintenance works within the engine, the redesigned camshaft bearing bridge is screwed and increases stiffness.
- Fully redesigned cylinder head for improved durability and serviceability
- Finger followers with DLC coating, reducing friction and guaranteeing optimal performance
- Large steel valves (36.3 mm intake, 1 mm exhaust) for optimized gas flow
- New lightweight valve cover with reduced number of mounting screws (only 2)
- Redesigned camshaft and adapted valve timings
- New camshaft bearing bridge increasing stiffness and improving serviceability (screwed design)
Cylinder and piston
The 88 mm bore cylinder houses a forged bridged-box-type piston made by CP. Both the cylinder and piston are professionally engineered from high strength aluminum resulting in outstanding performance and reliability. The compression ratio is 13.7:1.
- Large 88 mm bore and diameter optimized exhaust valves for high-revving and quick response
- Forged bridged-box-type piston guaranteeing high performance and reliability
- CFD optimized combustion chamber with optimized valve guides and valve shaft diameters for improved engine responsiveness
- Compression ratio of 13.7:1 for increased torque and peak power
The crankshaft is designed to offer the best possible performance while being placed in the perfect position to centralize oscillating masses for optimal handling. The plain big end bearing features two force-fitted bearing shells ensuring maximum reliability and durability. This guarantees long service intervals of 135 hours (big engine service in normal usage, in competition usage > 70 hours).
- Plain big end bearing with force-fitted bearing shells for increased durability and service intervals
- Friction bearing on the counter-balancer shaft for increased durability
The crankcase has been redesigned and now comes with identical engine mounting points as the FE 450 engine.
The new engine is designed with mass centralization as one of the main criteria. The crankcases have been designed to house the internal components of the engine in the perfect position to achieve the ideal center of gravity while adding the least possible weight. The casings are manufactured using a high-pressure die cast production process, resulting in thin wall thickness while retaining exceptional reliability. The Husqvarna crown logo gives the bronze powder coated enduro specific and noise reducing clutch cover a premium and durable look. Additional oil scrappers on the ignition cover round off the package.
- Light and compact crankcase, optimized mass-centralization
- Redesigned crankcase with new, unified engine mounts
- High pressure die-cast production process with thin walls for reduced weight, while maintaining strength
- Enduro specific clutch cover (same look but lower noise compared to FC models)
Produced by Pankl Racing Systems, the new 6-speed gearbox is designed to be extremely light and durable, featuring a primary gearing ratio of 24:72.
A redesign of the shift shaft reduces the operating forces of gear changes. The new gear lever is designed to prevent dirt build-up and ensures perfect gear selection in all conditions. An advanced gear sensor allows for specific engine maps delivering the best possible performance in each gear.
- 6-speed gearbox by Pankl Racing Systems with enduro-specific transmission ratio and exceptional durability and improved shifting
- Redesigned shift shaft, reducing operating force of gear changes
The FE 350s and FE 350w feature a Dampened Diaphragm Steel (DDS) clutch. The exclusive characteristics of this system include a single diaphragm steel pressure plate instead of traditional coil springs. It integrates a damping system for better traction and durability. The clutch basket is a single-piece CNC machined steel component that allows the use of thin steel liners and contributes to the compact design of the engine.
The main improvement includes a better clutch cooling from the pressure lubrication, reducing clutch fade in high stress usage. The clutch basket has been redesigned and adapted for the new 6-speed transmission.
- Lightweight DDS clutch featuring consistent action and exceptional durability
- Improved clutch cooling from pressure lubrication, reducing clutch fade from high stress
- Redesigned clutch basket for adapted 6-speed transmission ratio
- Enduro specific clutch cover for reduced noise output
2024 Husqvarna FE350s – Totalmotorcycle.com Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $12,599 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $ See Dealer for Pricing in CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ NA GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
|Engine type||Single cylinder, 4-stroke|
|Starter/battery||Electric starter / Lithium Ion 12,8V 2Ah|
|Fuel system||Keihin EFI, throttle body
Ø 42 mm
|Control||4 V / DOHC with finger followers|
|Lubrication||Pressure lubrication with 2 oil pumps|
|Gear ratios||13:33 16:30 18:26 22:26 23:23 26:22|
|Clutch||DDS wet multi-disc clutch,
|Ignition / Engine Management||Keihin EMS|
|Frame||Central double-cradle-type 25CrMo4|
|Subframe||Aluminium reinforced Polyamide|
|Handlebar||ProTaper, Aluminium Ø 28/22 mm|
|Front suspension||WP XACT CC-USD, Ø 48 mm|
|Rear suspension||WP XACT-Monoshock with linkage|
|Suspension travel front/rear||300/300 mm|
|Front/rear brakes||BRAKTEC disc brake Ø 260/220 mm|
|Front/rear rims||1.60 x 21”; 2.15 x 18” GIANT|
|Steering head angle||63.9°|
|Triple clamp offset||22 mm|
|Wheel base||1,489±10 mm|
|Ground clearance||343 mm|
|Seat height||952 mm|
|Tank capacity, approx.||8.0l|
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).