Introducing the 2024 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic…
With a presence that’s larger than its name, the Vulcan 900 Classic outperforms many big heavyweight cruisers, while its classic stance, rich paint and stylish spoke wheels remain true to the traditional classic cruiser.
The Kawasaki Vulcan 900 cruiser lineup has all the style and attitude of a one-of-a-kind build. From the detailed paint job to the intense exhaust, the Vulcan 900 is an artful expression of individuality. Enjoy the dynamic fusion of hand-built design and premium fit and finish of the Vulcan 900. It’s a tantalizing combination that could only come from Kawasaki. All three of the 2024 Vulcan 900 models feature a 903cc liquid-cooled, fuel-injected, V-twin engine and a low seat height. The Vulcan 900 Classic features rider floorboards with a heel/toe shifter, tank-mounted instrumentation, and a 180mm rear tire. The Vulcan 900 Classic LT features a comfortable seat with standard passenger backrest, studded seat, leather saddlebags and backrest, height-adjustable windscreen, and comes with a 24-month limited warranty. The Vulcan 900 Custom features wide drag bars and forward-mounted footpegs, low center of gravity for easy handling, custom styling with teardrop tank, parallel slash cut pipes, pinstripe wheels. For 2024, the Vulcan 900 Classic is available in Pearl Storm Gray / Pearl Robotic White, Vulcan 900 Classic LT is available in Metallic Graphite Gray / Metallic Carbon Gray and the Vulcan 900 Custom is available in Metallic Matte Dark Gray / Metallic Flat Spark Black.
2024 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
- LARGEST REAR TIRE IN CLASS
- LARGEST FUEL TANK CAPACITY IN CLASS
- TANK-MOUNTED INSTRUMENTATION INCLUDING FUEL GAUGE
- LOW SEAT HEIGHT
- BLACK ENGINE COVERS AND CASES, CYLINDERS, VALVE COVERS, AIR FILTER COVER, FORK COVERS, LOWER FORK LEGS
KAWASAKI ANNOUNCES FALL RELEASE OF 2024 STREET MOTORCYCLES
No matter what type of motorcycle you’re looking for, Kawasaki’s 2024 lineup has the model for you as it welcomes the return of several retro sport, hypernaked, supernaked, mini naked, hypersport, supersport, sport, retro classic, cruisers, adventure touring, and dual-sport models to its street motorcycle lineup. These 2024 model-year motorcycles are set to arrive in Kawasaki dealerships during the fall months so that riders can continue to “Let the Good Times Roll.”
2024 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
903cc V-Twin, SOHC Engine
• Tuned to deliver lots of torque from low rpm.
• Precise tolerances for strong and reliable performance.
• Gear-driven balancer allows use of single pin crankshaft without the heavy vibration.
Liquid and Air Cooling
• Finned cylinders and heads combine with liquid cooling to provide exceptional thermal control.
• Maintains consistent engine temperatures for long engine life and sustained power.
• Reduces excess engine vibration at all speeds.
Positive Neutral Finder
• Just lift the shift pedal from first gear at a stop to select neutral easily, every time.
• A Kawasaki exclusive.
Digital Fuel Injection
• Dual throttle bodies with dual throttle valves provide optimum performance and rideability. The sub throttles, located behind the main throttle valve, are controlled by the ECU so that the DFI® system retains more precise throttle response, similar to a constant velocity carburetor.
• Fine-atomizing fuel injectors produce a fine fuel mist for better acceleration, combustion and fuel consumption.
Kevlar-Reinforced Belt Drive
• Lower unsprung weight than shaft drive to improve ride quality and suspension action.
• More efficient so more power reaches the rear wheel, compared to shaft drive.
• Cleaner and lower maintenance than chain drive.
Double Cradle Frame
• Large-diameter box section backbone is very rigid, allows use of a larger fuel tank, and helps contribute to high stability and lightweight handling at low speeds.
• Triangular swingarm appears to be a hard tail design, but acts on a single shock hidden beneath the seat.
• Long and low for minimal seat height, maximum visual impact.
• Fork offset and frame geometry combine for light, low-effort handling at ultra-low speeds.
• Long wheelbase adds to highway stability.
Low Stepped Seat
• Ultra-low 26.4-inch seat height allows riders to easily plant both-feet on the ground at stops.
• Laid-back riding comfort for two.
• Chromed steel rims and spokes, for retro style.
• “Spool-style” polished aluminum front hub.
Wide Rear Tire
• 180mm rear tire provides added stability while projecting a powerful image.
• Wider tire than most competing large-displacement cruisers
2024 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $9,399 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $10,949 CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ NA GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Engine 4-stroke, 55-degree V-twin, liquid-cooled
Displacement 903cc/55.10 cu in
Bore x Stroke 88.0 x 74.2mm
Compression Ratio 9.5:1
Fuel System DFI® with 34mm throttle bodies (2), with sub-throttle valves
Ignition TCBI with Electronic Advance
Transmission 5-speed with positive neutral finder
Final Drive Kevlar-reinforced belt
Maximum Torque 58.2 lb-ft @ 3,500 rpm
Front Suspension / Wheel Travel 41mm Showa telescopic fork/5.9 in
Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel Uni-Trak® swingarm, 7-way adjustable spring preload/4.1 in
Front Tire 130/90-16
Rear Tire 180/70-15
Front Brakes Single 300mm hydraulic disc
Rear Brakes Single 270mm hydraulic disc
Frame Type Semi-double cradle, high-tensile steel
Rake/Trail 32°/6.3 in
Overall Length 97.0 in
Overall Width 39.6 in
Overall Height 41.9 in
Ground Clearance 5.3 in
Seat Height 26.8 in
Curb Weight 619.6 lb*
Fuel Capacity 5.3 gal
Wheelbase 64.8 in
Color Choices Pearl Storm Gray/Pearl Robotic White
Warranty 12 Month Limited Warranty
Kawasaki Protection Plus™ (optional) 12, 24, 36, or 48 months
2024 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic – Totalmotorcycle.com Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
Engine 903cc, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC 8-valve V-twin
Bore x Stroke 88.0 x 74.2 mm
Compression Ratio 9.5:1
Fuel System Fuel injection: ø34 mm x 2 with dual throttle valves
Lubrication Forced lubrication, wet sump
Transmission 5-speed, return
Clutch Wet multi-disc, manual
Final Drive Belt
Frame Double-cradle, steel
Front Suspension / Wheel Travel ø41 mm telescopic fork / 150 mm (5.9 in)
Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel Uni Trak, single shock with adjustable spring preload / 103 mm (4.1 in)
Rake / Trail 32.0° / 160 mm
Steering Angle (L/R) 38° / 38°
Front Tire 130/90-16M/C 67H
Rear Tire 180/70-15M/C 76H
Front Brake ø300 mm disc with twin-piston caliper
Rear Brake ø270 mm disc with twin-piston caliper
Dimensions (L x W x H) 2,465 x 1,005 x 1,065 mm (97.0 x 39.6 x 41.9 in)
Wheelbase 1,645 mm (64.8 in)
Road Clearance 135 mm (5.3 in)
Seat Height 680 mm (26.8 in)
Curb Mass** 281 kg (619 lb)
Fuel Capacity 20 litres
Instrumentation Tank-mounted instrument console with large-faced speedometer, fuel gauge, warning lamps and multi-function LCD window with odometer, trip meter and clock
Warranty 12 months
Kawasaki Protection Plus 12 / 24 / 36 / 48 months
2024 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).