Following an important decision by race organisers to remove the penalty Pablo Quintanilla received at the end of stage two and give him back part of the time lost in the river incident, the Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing rider has regained the provisional overall lead with two stages to go at the 2017 OiLibya Morocco Rally.
Currently leading the overall standings with a gap of four minutes and 48 seconds over his closest rival Matthias Walkner, Quintanilla remains focused on his major goal of winning the 2017 FIM Cross-Country Rallies World Championship.
2017 OiLibya Morocco Rally – Provisional Overall Standings After Stage 3
1. Pablo Quintanilla (Husqvarna) 6:07:33
2. Matthias Walkner (KTM) 6:12:21
3. Ricky Brabec (Honda) 6:21:18
4. Kevin Benavides (Honda) 6:22:05
5. Joan Pedrero (Sherco) 6:27:38
6. Antoine Meo (KTM) 6:29:19
17. Andrew Short (Husqvarna) 7:19:54