Click photo to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
– 2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
Our most affordable sportbike. The ZZ-R250 attracts new riders with its easy handling and user-friendly features like an In-Line Twin engine with reliable electric start, easy clutch action and a Positive Neutral Finder. But most of all, the ZZ-R250 shares the Ninja® reputation for Good Times™ — at a great price.
The smallest of Kawasaki’s sportbikes is the NINJA® 250R. It delivers big performance and loads of styling, including three different color choices, wrapped in an attractively priced package.
– Compact DOHC Twin cylinder engine. 4 valves per cylinder. Lightweight alloy cylinder head. High-compression, lightweight alloy pistons. Advanced liquid-cooling.
– Maintenance chores are minimized with an automatic cam chain tensioner, silent-type cam chain, low-friction coating on chain guides, plus a low-maintenance battery.
– Easy-to-select 6-speed transmission with Kawasaki’s convenient Positive Neutral Finder.
– Diamond high-tensile steel frame and advanced suspension components including the single shock UNI-TRAK® rear suspension system.
– Stainless steel disc brakes front and rear. Balanced Actuation front brake caliper for consistent wear and performance.
– Light overall dry weight, low seat height, electric starter, rider-friendly ergonomics, and a 4 gallon (18 L) fuel tank make the 250R a great introduction to the world of sportbikes.
– Comprehensive instrumentation includes large speedometer and tachometer.
– Retractable bungee cord hooks add convenience and style.
Engine type 4-stroke, liquid-cooled In-Line Twin
Bore x stroke 62 x 41.2mm
Compression Ratio 12.4:1
Valve system DOHC, 8 valves
Fuel system Keihin CVK30 x 2
Transmission 6 Speed with Positive Neutral Finder
Frame type Aluminium double box-section diamond frame
Rake/trail 27°/84 mm (3.3 inches)
Suspension, front 37mm hydraulic fork
Suspension, rear Bottom-Link UNI-TRAK®
Tires, front, rear Tubeless; 100/80-17; 140/70-17
Brakes, front Disc with Balanced
Brakes, rear Actuation Caliper Disc
Wheelbase 1405 mm (55.1 inches)
Seat height 760 mm (29.3 inches)
Fuel capacity 18 litres (4 gallons)
Dry weight 148 kiligrams (304 pounds)
Colours Pearl Royal Blue or Pearl Mystic Black
GTPP available 24 or 36 months
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.