2005 Kawasaski Eliminator 125
Back to 2005 Kawasaki Motorcycle Index Page
– 2005 Kawasaki Eliminator 125
The Kawasaki Eliminator® 125 is an excellent first bike for beginning motorcycle riders. With its lightweight chassis, easy-to-use four-stroke engine and low seat height, it inspires confidence and helps new riders hone their riding skills. It’s also easy on the bank account, so quick-learners can plan their move up to a larger-displacement Kawasaki.
The Eliminator 125 motorcycle is powered by an air-cooled, 125cc, four-stroke, single-cylinder engine specially tuned for low- and mid-range torque, making it perfect for around-town riding. The electric starter makes getting under way easy and a convenient five-speed transmission allows the rider to use the engine’s full potential.
The engine is mounted in a high-tensile steel, double-cradle frame, while 33mm forks and a steel swingarm with twin, five-way preload-adjustable shocks provide a smooth, comfortable ride. A single, front disc brake provides ample stopping power for this small cruiser, and chrome-plated wire spoke wheels are featured at both ends.
Available in black for 2005, the Eliminator 125’s styling features include a stepped seat with laid-back riding comfort for two, a stretched, 3.4-gallon fuel tank, straight-flow exhaust and chrome-plated single headlight.
Features and Benefits
Air-Cooled, 124cc, Single-Cylinder Engine
– Air cooled for light weight, simplicity and affordability
– Specially tuned for low-end and mid-range torque
Single Overhead Cam
– Keeps the engine design compact for light weight and easier maintenance
Counter-Rotating Engine Balancer
– Single gear-driven, counter-rotating balancer in the crankcase minimizes engine vibration for rider comfort
– Fewer moving parts for long, trouble-free life and requires no periodic adjustments
Mikuni BS28 Carburetor
– Constant velocity Mikuni carburetor provides sharp throttle response and great fuel economy
– The ultimate in easy and convenient starting
– A gear for every situation, from short city streets to humming down the open road
– Five speeds allow the rider to use the engine’s power to full advantage
– Made of high-tech, round section, high-tensile steel
Automatic Cam Chain Tensioner
– Keeps cam timing spot-on without maintenance and helps assure great reliability
– Designed to boost low- and mid-range power
– Small diameter pipes help low speed pulling power
Single Disc Front Brake
– Single-piston, pin-slide caliper produces quick, sure stops
– Disc is drilled for better cooling and reduced unsprung weight
Tank-Mounted Turn Signal Indicators and Caution Lamps
– Gives the rider the information needed at a glance
– Compact design complements the bike’s clean look
– Laid-back riding comfort for two
Chrome-Plated Wire Spoke Wheels
– Narrow 90/90-17 front tire with large, 130/90-15 rear tire complement the cruiser styling
33mm Center Axle Front Fork
– 33mm fork tubes are rigid for more precise handling on this lightweight motorcycle
– Smoothly controlled front wheel travel allows a boulevard ride
Engine: Four-stroke, SOHC, two-valve, single cylinder
Bore x stroke: 55.0 x 52.4mm
Compression ratio: 9.6:1
Induction: Mikuni BS28
Frame: Double-cradle, high-tensile steel
Rake / trail: 34° / 4.7 in.
Suspension type, front: 33mm hydraulic telescopic fork
Suspension type, rear: Steel swingarm with dual shocks
Suspension adjustments, front: N/A
Suspension adjustments, rear: Five-way adjustable preload
Wheel travel, front: 5.5 in.
Wheel travel, rear: 3.1 in.
Tire, front: 90/90 x 17
Tire, rear: 130/90 x 15
Brakes, front / rear: Single hydraulic disc/ Drum
Overall length: 84.6. in.
Overall width: 30.7 in.
Overall height: 41.3 in.
Ground clearance: 6.1 in.
Seat height: 26.8 in.
Dry weight: 282 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 3.4 gal.
Wheelbase: 57.9 in.
* Price and specifications subject to change