2005 Kawasaski Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak
Back to 2005 Kawasaki Motorcycle Index Page
– 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak
When gazing intently at the Kawasaki Vulcan® 1600 Mean Streak® motorcycle, the eyes naturally gravitate to the twist-grip throttle and the human brain begins to visualize the torque and acceleration of a true power cruiser. Clearly, Kawasaki named this liquid-cooled, fuel-injected power cruiser “mean” for a reason.
The Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak’s 1,552cc V-twin engine packs a punch with features such as liquid cooling, electronic fuel injection, dual spark plug digital ignition and four valves per cylinder. It also features hydraulic valve lash adjusters to reduce maintenance and a gear-driven counter balancer to keep everything running smoothly.
The Mean Streak’s chassis provides the rider with nimble handling and high-speed stability unmatched by the competition. Sportbike-style 43mm inverted forks and a reinforced swingarm with dual air-assisted hydraulic shocks soak up bumps and other irregularities in the road. Stopping power is provided by dual front disc brakes with six-piston calipers and a single rear disc brake.
In the cruiser world, appearances and rider comfort are every bit as important as massive power, so Kawasaki polished the valve covers and cooling fins for a bright, high-performance image. The 1600 Mean Streak’s bright 17-inch aluminum wheels enhance the bike’s high-class image, while high-performance radial tires provide exceptional grip and stability.
Features and Benefits
– 1,552cc provides abundant low- and mid-rpm power
– Polished valve covers and cooling fins enhance the bright, sporty image
– Maintains consistent engine temperatures for long engine life and sustained power during hard use
– Auxiliary fan keeps things cool, even in traffic
Four Valves per Cylinder
– Compact combustion chamber for increased compression ratio without detonation on minimum 90-octane fuel
– Boosts low-end torque and provides maximum valve area for optimum flow
Hydraulic Valve Lash Adjusters
– Keeps valves quiet with no maintenance, and no adjustment is required
Digital Fuel Injection
– Provides excellent engine response and power with less fuel consumption
– Two different systems are switched and used automatically according to engine load for accurate fuel-injection control
– Compact electronic control unit processes information faster for better engine response
Dual Throttle Bodies
– Dual 40mm throttle bodies use one injector for each cylinder
– Separate intake tract for each throttle body provides smoother engine operation
– Four nozzles at the tip of each injector, with two nozzles aimed at each intake valve
Dual Plug Digital Ignition
– Microprocessor-controlled timing seldom needs adjustment
– Two spark plugs in each combustion chamber cut detonation for added durability
Gear-Driven Engine Balancer
– Counter-rotates at engine speed to cancel vibration
– Allows use of single-pin crankshaft without heavy vibration
– All but eliminates engine vibration at all speeds
Close-Ratio Five-Speed Transmission With Positive Neutral Finder
– Combines great around-town acceleration with relaxed highway cruising
– Positive neutral finder helps ensure riders can find neutral easily, every time
– Reliable, quiet, low-maintenance system
Hydraulic Clutch Release
– Easy to operate and maintain
– 43mm inverted fork designed specifically for the Mean Streak
– Swingarm cross bar utilizes two square tubes instead of monocoque design for improved torsional rigidity
– Clean, seamless design boasts a full 4.5-gallon capacity
Large-Diameter Reflector Beam Headlight
– Bright, focused beam to light the way
17-inch Aluminum Wheels With Radial Tires
– Radial tires front and rear on 17-inch cast-aluminum wheels make a performance statement
Engine: Four-stroke V-Twin, SOHC, eight valves
Bore x stroke: 102.0 x 95.0mm
Compression ratio: 9.0:1
Induction: Digital fuel injection
Ignition: TCBI with Digital Advance and Kawasaki Throttle Responsive Ignition Control (K-TRIC)
Transmission: Five speed
Frame: High-tensile steel, double cradle
Rake / trail: 32 degrees/5.7 in.
Suspension type, front: 43mm inverted hydraulic telescopic cartridge-style fork
Suspension type, rear: Dual hydraulic air shocks
Wheel travel, front: 5.9 in.
Wheel travel, rear: 3.4 in.
Tire, front: 130/70R x 17
Tire, rear: 170/60R x 17
Brakes, front / rear: Dual hydraulic discs / Disc
Overall length: 94.9 in.
Overall width : 33.5 in.
Overall height: 43.3 in.
Ground clearance: 4.9 in.
Seat height: 27.6 in.
Dry weight: 637 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 4.5 gal.
Wheelbase: 67.1 in.
Colors: Red, Black
* Price and specifications subject to change