2007 Honda CR85R
Back to 2007 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2007 Honda CR85R
2007 Honda CR85R/CR85R-Expert
With a potent engine and sophisticated long-travel, fully adjustable suspension, the CR85R and big-wheel CR85R-Expert offer young racers a choice when stepping up in class.
Features & Benefits
– Cylinder and cylinder head boost engine torque for powerful acceleration.
– Piston complements cylinder and engine power characteristics.
– Exhaust system to match cylinder and deliver maximum bottom-end torque and peak horsepower.
– Flat-slide PWK 28mm carburetor for ideal throttle response throughout the powerband.
– Maintenance-free digital CD ignition for maximum power output at all engine speeds.
– Heavy-duty clutch features tough friction discs for increased durability.
– 49-tooth rear sprocket matches engine power characteristics.
– Lightweight, liquid-cooled 84.7cc engine develops impressive power and features a Nikasil-plated cylinder for excellent cooling and wear characteristics.
– Reed-valve induction and 28mm carburetor for crisp throttle response at all rpm.
– Lightweight aluminum radiator for consistent engine temperatures and maximum performance.
– Heavy-duty clutch.
– Maintenance-free CD ignition with electronic advance.
– Low-mounted exhaust system enhances mass-centralization and contributes to high peak power.
– Slick-shifting close-ratio six-speed transmission.
– Front and rear suspension settings for ideal bump absorption.
– Handlebar bend optimizes rider position and comfort.
– Lightweight, high-tensile steel frame with large-diameter frame tubing and cross-member provides excellent turning performance and straight-line tracking.
– Box-section aluminum swingarm is lightweight and rigid.
– Removable subframe is strong and durable.
– 37mm leading-axle inverted Showa cartridge front fork features friction-reducing design to improve compression and rebound control.
– The fork offers adjustable compression and rebound settings.
– Wide-section aluminum top and bottom triple-clamps position fork tubes far apart for good turning and control.
– Tapered roller steering-head bearings.
– Pro-Link® rear suspension system features a fully adjustable Showa shock for superb compliance and wheel control.
– Strong, lightweight wheels are durable and minimize unsprung weight.
– Lightweight front and rear disc brakes with high-performance pads offer powerful, precise braking.
– Front and rear axles utilize a surface-treatment for added strength and durability.
– Slim, well-padded seat is comfortable and allows maximum rider movement.
– “Non-slip” seat cover for excellent rider control.
– Large-capacity airbox and reusable two-stage foam air filter.
– Racing-inspired body-work design.
– Cleated, folding, self-cleaning footpegs offer excellent grip.
– Fully adjustable, high-quality controls include comfortable grips, dogleg levers, side-pull throttle and a folding shift lever.
– High-quality, high-grip tires.
– Adjustable front brake lever and master-cylinder assembly are the same as CR®125R/CR250R components.
– Stainless steel clutch cable for long life and improved feel and action.
– Works-type handlebar grips add to rider comfort.
– Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider’s Club of America™ (HRCA®). Benefits include online access to the Honda Common Service Manual, six issues of the bimonthly Honda Red Rider™ magazine, travel discounts, trip routing, MSF reimbursement, plus access to the HRCA Web site (www.hrca.honda.com). Look for the HRCA support team at select off-road events across the country. For details on the HRCA, dealers should call (310) 783-3958, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Time.
Model: CR85RB (Expert) / CR85R
Engine Type: 84.7cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder two-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 47.5mm x 47.8mm
Compression Ratio: 8.4:1
Induction: Reed valve
Carburetion: 28mm flat slide
Ignition: CD with electronic advance
Transmission: Close-ratio six-speed
Final Drive: #420 chain; 15T/55T (CR85RB) / 15T/49T (CR85R)
Front: 37mm fully adjustable leading-axle inverted Showa cartridge fork; 10.8 inches travel
Rear: Pro-Link fully adjustable Showa single shock; 11.5 inches travel (CR85RB) / 10.8 inches travel (CR85R)
Front: Single disc
Rear: Single disc
Front: 70/100-19 (CR85RB) / 70/100-17 (CR85R)
Rear: 90/100-16 (CR85RB) / 90/100-14 (CR85R)
Wheelbase: 50.7 inches (CR85RB) / 49.1 inches (CR85R)
Rake (Caster Angle): 27°25′ (CR85RB) / 26°51′ (CR85R)
Trail: 92.3mm (3.63 inches) (CR85RB) / 76.7mm (3.02 inches) (CR85R)
Seat Height: 34.0 inches (CR85RB) / 32.4 inches (CR85R)
Ground Clearance: 13.9 inches (CR85RB) / 12.2 inches (CR85R)
Dry Weight: 145 pounds (CR85RB) / 144 pounds (CR85R)
Fuel Capacity: 1.35 gallons
Consult owner’s manual for optional racing parts.
|2007 Honda Motocross Pricing
Prices are subject to change without notice.