2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 Classic LT
Back to 2007 Kawasaki Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 Classic LT
2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 Classic LT
Perfect combination of touring comfort and powerful performance
For the 2007 model year, the popular Vulcan® 2000 Classic LT makes its return to Kawasaki’s growing line of cruisers populating America’s back roads and highways. The Vulcan 2000 Classic LT is the bike that responds to consumer interest in an off-the-showroom floor dressed-up cruiser—one that comes with features designed to complement the overall 2000 styling, yet add a flavor all its own.
The Vulcan 2000 Classic LT will make its mark with those more interested in weekend jaunts than simply getting back and forth to work. It will help Kawasaki further establish its dealer showrooms as the place for big bike motorcyclists to do their shopping. And more than anything, it will marry the performance inherent in the 2,053cc family of top-of-the-line cruisers with traditional cruiser style. While it comes with special features as part of the package, this motorcycle is eminently slated to be further customized by its purchasers. And the company’s broad offering of accessories will give owners of this new entry every opportunity to do just that.
Features coming standard with this stylish cruiser are saddlebags, passenger floorboards, passenger backrest, and a windshield. The bags are constructed of reinforced top grain cowhide (selected with minimal flaws and deep dyed so the finish won’t scrape off), and are highlighted by chrome plated brass stud accents on the bag lids, a slant top opening on the lid which is fastened with two 1.5-inch wide leather straps featuring chrome buckles and quick release stealth fasteners. To protect the contents from moisture getting into the bags, the rolled and riveted top lid minimizes water entry. A metal-reinforced upper edge keeps the bags holding their shape, while they hold the rider’s gear.
Chrome plated brass studs adorn the special seat and match those attached to both the bags and the passenger backrest. Together, they provide a styling line both attractive and distinctive. The backrest is a classic style that takes both visual appearance and comfort into consideration.
The adjustable height windshield is made of thick, optically correct acrylic plastic and is shaped for smooth airflow and classic cruiser style.
Power for this stylish cruiser comes from a massive 125ci V-twin engine featuring a bore and stroke of 103 x 123.2mm, forged pistons, alloy-steel connecting rods, huge 220mm flywheels, dual cams located within the one-piece crankcase and right-side pushrods actuating four valves per cylinder. Notably, Kawasaki engineers chose to utilize a push rod design in order to reduce engine height, which directly contributes to the Vulcan 2000 Classic LT’s low center of gravity and relatively low seat height. Plus, hydraulic valve lash adjusters automatically maintain zero valve clearance for smoother, quieter operation.
Cruiser fans will appreciate the Vulcan 2000 Classic LT’s V-twin sound thanks, in part, to the single-pin crankshaft, while dual counterbalancers and rubber engine mounts keep it running smoothly.
To provide sharp throttle response at any rpm, the Vulcan 2000’s electronic engine control unit (ECU) manages electronic fuel injection with its dual 46mm throttle bodies and sub throttle valves, as well as the iridium spark plug ignition system. The sub throttle valves provide the Vulcan 2000 Classic LT with smooth throttle response, while the highly sophisticated fuel injection system’s fine atomizing injectors deliver an ultra-fine mist of fuel/air mixture to the cylinders for greater combustion efficiency, increased power and optimum fuel economy.
The top quarter of the V-twin engine is liquid cooled, while temperatures for the bottom three-quarters of the engine are managed by stylish and highly functional cooling fins. Plus, the engine and transmission feature built-in oil and water pumps, with the transmission also serving as the oil tank.
The chrome air cleaner cover is nestled between the cylinders, which feature a black matte finish, and the cooling fins are polished to a bright metallic shine. Dual exhaust pipes and mufflers emit a distinctive V-twin rumble, and include honeycomb catalyzers to reduce emissions.
A Hyvo primary drive chain transfers torque from the big V-twin engine to the five-speed transmission case, which houses a multi-plate wet clutch. To fully benefit from the Vulcan 2000 Classic LT’s advanced electronics, a gear position sensor in the transmission sends signals to the ECU, further enhancing fuel injection volume and ignition timing, and thus improving performance. Final drive to the rear wheel is provided by smooth, quiet and low maintenance belt drive.
The V-twin engine is utilized as a member of the Vulcan’s steel, double-cradle frame, which features a large-diameter, box-section single-tube backbone. Coupled to the frame is a simple but elegant rear steel tube swingarm suspension with a direct-action single shock. The rear suspension provides 3.9 inches of travel, and includes spring preload and rebound adjustment. Up front, large 49mm forks provide precise steering feedback and 5.9 inches of travel.
The Vulcan 2000 Classic LT includes a bullet-style headlight, chrome instrument panel with a large-face speedometer — mounted on a stretched, 5.5-gallon fuel tank, the V-shaped panel keeps the rider informed with an LCD display and warning lamps.
This Vulcan motorcycle rides on bright, cast aluminum 16-inch wheels with a 150/80 front radial tire and a huge, 200/60 rear radial tire – the biggest stock rear tire on a mass production V-twin cruiser. Dual 300mm front disc brakes with four-piston calipers and a single rear disc brake with two-piston caliper bring this big cruiser to smooth, powerful stops.
Engine: Four-stroke, liquid cooled, OHV, four-valve cylinder head, 52 degrees V-twin
Displacement: 2,053 cc (125ci)
Bore x stroke: 103.0 x 123.2mm
Maximum torque: 141 lb-ft @ 3,000 rpm
Compression ratio: 9.5:1
Carburetor: DFI with Keihin 46mm throttle bodies (2)
Ignition: TCBI with Digital Advance
Transmission: Five-speed with positive neutral finder
Final drive: Belt
Rake / trail: 32 degrees / 7.2 in.
Wheel travel, front: 5.9 in.
Wheel travel, rear: 3.9 in.
Tire, front: 150/80-16
Tire, rear: 200/60-16
Wheelbase: 68.3 in.
Suspension type, front: 49mm hydraulic telescopic fork
Suspension type, rear: Single shock, eight-way rebound damping
Brakes, front: Dual 300mm discs with four-piston calipers
Brakes, rear: Single 320mm disc with two-piston caliper
Fuel capacity: 5.5 gal.
Seat height: 26.8 in.
Dry weight: 796 lbs.
Color choices: Pearl Crystal White/Metallic Titanium or
Candy Cardinal Red/Ebony
– 2,053cc (125ci) four-stroke engine produces massive torque across the entire rpm range
– Forged pistons and alloy connecting rods are strong and light
– Huge 220mm flywheels smooth power delivery
– Push-rod valve actuation contributes to lower engine height, low center of gravity and relatively low seat height
– Hydraulic valve adjusters reduce maintenance
– Engine Control Unit (ECU) manages electronic fuel injection and digital ignition system optimize throttle response
– Fuel injection system features sub throttle valves for smooth throttle response
– Fuel injection system’s fine atomizing injectors deliver ultra-fine fuel/air mixture for greater combustion efficiency, increased power and optimum fuel economy
– Center spark plugs enhance combustion for smooth, consistent power and reduced emissions
– Liquid and air cooling maintain consistent operating temperatures
– Engine and transmission feature built-in oil and water pumps, reducing the number of parts and reducing weight
– Single-pin crank contributes to a classic V-twin sound
Transmission / Final Drive
– A gear position sensor in the five-speed transmission sends signals to the ECU, further enhancing fuel injection and ignition performance
– Belt final drive is smooth, quiet, reliable and low maintenance
Frame and Suspension
– Steel double-cradle frame features large-diameter, box-section single-tube backbone for strength
– Engine is utilized as a stressed member of the frame to minimize chassis weight
– Steel pipe swingarm is simple and elegant
– Direct-action single shock features spring preload and rebound damping adjustment with 3.9 inches of travel for a smooth ride
– Large 49mm forks provide precise steering feedback and 5.9 inches of travel
Wheels and Tires
– 16-inch cast aluminum wheels add to the Vulcan 2000 Classic LT’s high-quality look
– 200/60R series rear tire is the largest stock tire size fitted to a production V-twin cruiser
– Radial tires enhance handling and give it a firm, “planted” feel
– Dual 300mm front disc brakes with four-piston calipers and single rear disc brakes provide smooth, powerful stops
– Passenger floorboards and backrest
– Bullet-style headlight
– “Stretched” 5.5-gallon fuel tank provides for long-distance road trips
– Made of reinforced top grain cowhide that is carefully selected with minimal flaws and deep dyed so that the finish can’t be scraped off
– Slant top opening lid, fastened with two 1.5-inch wide leather straps with chrome buckles and quick release stealth fasteners
– Dual panel lid construction with embossed Vulcan logo detail
– One-half inch diameter chrome plated brass stud accents
– Metal reinforced upper edge so bags hold their shape
– Rolled and riveted top lid minimizes water entry
– Detailed with ½-inch diameter chrome plated brass studs
– Strong chrome plated steel supports
– Pad cover detailed with chrome plated brass studs
– Thick, optically correct acrylic plastic windscreen is shaped for smooth airflow and cruiser style
– Strong chrome plated steel supports
– Two-position adjustable height