2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic
Back to 2007 Kawasaki Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic
2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic
KAWASAKI VULCAN® 900 CLASSIC: EVERYTHING YOU NEED IN A MOTORCYCLE AND EVERYTHING YOU WANT IN A CRUISER
Heavyweight styling meets middleweight practicality
For riders seeking a better balanced mid-size cruiser with the look and feel of the larger V-twins, the Kawasaki Vulcan® 900 cruiser family offers the only motorcycles to fit the bill. With clean lines and an uncluttered look, the Vulcan 900 Classic is ideal for cruising purists.
Highlighted by styling that is drawn from the long, low look of Kawasaki’s Vulcan 2000 Classic, the 900 Classic is a sure winner in the mid-size category. Both entry-level riders and those who were previously unable to tap the feeling of a heavyweight ride will enjoy this maneuverable mid-size package.
Its 903cc engine delivers exceptional roll-on acceleration and places this Vulcan firmly at the top of its class. With a style and physical presence that were previously unavailable in this displacement arena, it will not only fit in with many larger cruisers, it will do so while offering a better value, easier maneuverability, and better performance than most other cruisers. The Vulcan 900 lays claim to the highest power and torque in the mid-size cruiser class, coupled with roomy passenger accommodations that make highway trips and long days in the saddle a real joy.
Designers matched the “extra” displacement of the Vulcan 900 power plant with “extra” physical charisma and class-leading ergonomics. The freshly styled fenders and fuel tank add a slight curve to the traditional cruiser shapes. Its polished chrome-accented air cleaner and chrome headlight design keep it connected to its cruiser roots. Adding to the stylistic “eye-candy” are a very modern flair emanating from its stylish bodywork, a LED taillight, and low-slung seat height.
Curved engine fins add visual interest to the traditional look of the big, fuel-injected V-twin, while the four valves per cylinder, liquid-cooled reliability, and smooth highway cruising aided by the engine’s counter balancer make this a worthy rival its competition.
The Vulcan 900 features belt drive that not only keeps the overall weight down, but also improves rear-end styling and provides the rider with additional customizing opportunities. With the largest rear tire in its class providing a beefy, “big bike” look and a single-pin crankshaft helping to produce a guttural, classic V-twin sound, the Vulcan 900 evokes the feel of a much larger motorcycle.
The Vulcan 900’s look and feel need not exclude any potential rider. The low seat height makes it accessible to shorter riders and its tapered seat flows comfortably into the large capacity fuel tank and lower chassis rails to provide a narrowed shape, for an effortless reach to the pavement.
At home, around town or when the open road calls it, this motorcycle is built for hour upon hour of riding pleasure. The wide handlebars offer an ideal relationship between the seat and floorboards, making for an extremely comfortable mount. The ergonomically designed front bucket seat is comfortable enough for any distance, and the rear pillion pad makes it effortless to share the two-wheeled experience with a friend.
Some of the other features that make it so appealing to such a wide audience are a fork offset and rake designed for light, low-effort handling when maneuvering at low, in-town speeds. Similar to the Vulcan 2000, the 900 is equipped with an auto-fast idle system, featuring an rpm feedback relay that helps ensure a fixed engine speed in all starting conditions. Easy-to-control fuel-injection makes ultra-low speed riding surprisingly easy, while abundant low-rpm torque provides thrilling roll-on acceleration.
Available in four color selections—New Candy Turquoise Blue, Candy Cardinal Red, Metallic Titanium, and Ebony—the Vulcan 900 Classic offers stylish aesthetics in a platform that’s perfect for customization with Kawasaki accessories.
– 903cc V-twin SOHC engine tuned to deliver lots of torque from low rpm
– Smooth and reliable
– Gear-driven balancer allows use of single pin crankshaft without heavy vibration
Four-valve Cylinder Head
– Better breathing for more power and low-end torque
– Provides maximum valve area for optimum flow
– Single overhead cam design is simple, lightweight and practical
– Extremely efficient intake tracts feature ports that narrow near the combustion chamber to increase intake flow speed for more efficient filling and increased torque
– Long intake tracts for great low-end response
Liquid and Air Cooling
– Finned cylinders and head combine with liquid cooling to provide exception thermal control
– Maintains consistent engine temperatures for long engine life and sustained power
– Automatic fan keeps things cool even in traffic
– Includes temperature warning light
Concealed Automatic Cam Chain Tensioner
– Maintains precise valve timing with maintenance
– Assures greater reliability
– Hidden from view to preserve the engine’s clean, basic look
Dual Slash-Cut Mufflers
– Big slash-cut mufflers look great and contain honeycomb catalyzers to reduce emissions
Positive Neutral Finder
– Just lift the shift pedal from first gear at a stop to find neutral easy, every time
Electronic Fuel Injection
– Dual throttle bodies with sub throttles provide optimum performance and rideability
– The sub throttles, located behind the main throttle valve, are controlled by the ECU so that the DFI system retains more precise throttle response, similar to a constant velocity carburetor
– Fine-atomizing fuel injectors produce a fine fuel mist for better acceleration, combustion and fuel consumption
– Lower unsprung weight than shaft drive to improve ride quality and suspension action
– More efficient so more power reaches the rear wheel
– Low maintenance and low noise
Double Cradle Frame
– Large-diameter box section backbone is very rigid, allows use of a larger fuel tank, and helps contribute to high stability and lightweight handling at low speeds
– Triangular swingarm appears to be a hardtail design, but acts on a single shock hidden beneath the seat
– Long and low for minimal seat height, maximum visual impact
– Fork offset and frame geometry combine for light, low-effort handling at ultra-low speeds
– Long wheelbase adds to highway stability
Low Stepped Seat
– Ultra-low 26.8-inch seat height allows riders to easily plant both feet on the ground at stops
– Laid-back riding comfort for two
Tank-Mounted Speedometer with Turn Signal Indicators and Caution Lamps
– Gives you the information you need at-a-glance
– Compact design complements the bike’s clean look
41mm Front Fork
– Excellent rigidity and 5.9 inches of travel
– 32 degrees rake angle for excellent straight line ability
– Wide fork pitch for classic look
Front and Rear Disc Brakes
– A 272mm front and 242mm rear disc have twin-piston calipers for some of the best stopping power in the class
Custom Spoke Wheels
– Chromed steel rims and spokes
– “Spool-style” polished aluminum front hub
Wide Rear Tire
– 180mm rear tire provides added stability while projecting a powerful image
– Wider tire than that found on most large-displacement cruisers
Engine: 4-Stroke, liquid-cooled, SOHC, four-valve per cylinder, V-twin
Displacement: 903cc / 55.1 cu.in.
Bore x Stroke: 88.0 x 74.2mm
Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
Maximum Torque: 60.8 lb.-ft. @ 3,700 rpm
Fuel Injection: EFI with dual 34mm Keihin throttle bodies
Ignition: TCBI with electronic advance
Final drive: Belt
Frame: Semi-double cradle, high-tensile steel
Rake / Trail: 32 degrees / 6.3 in.
Front suspension / wheel travel: 41mm hydraulic telescopic fork / 5.9 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel: Uni-Track® swingarm / 4.1 in.
Front tire: 130/90×16
Rear tire: 180/70×15
Front brake / rear brake: 272mm hydraulic disc / 242mm hydraulic disc
Overall length: 97.0 in.
Overall width: 39.6 in.
Overall height: 41.9 in.
Seat height: 26.8 in.
Dry weight: 557.9 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 5.3 gal.
Wheelbase: 64.8 in.
Color choices: Ebony
Candy Cardinal Red
Candy Caribbean Blue