2007 Yamaha Road Star Midnight Silverado
Back to 2007 Yamaha Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2007 Yamaha Road Star Midnight Silverado
2007 Yamaha Road Star Midnight Silverado
Make the highway more scenic.
With this rumbling black beauty, you can turn any stretch of highway in this country into the scenic route. Even if it’s the main route through town.
Black or chrome? The 2007 Road Star Midnight Silverado is bathed in high quality black lacquer paint and brilliant rich chrome. Somewhere between the gorgeous looks and the rumble of the big V-twin powerplant, the intoxication of the Midnight Silverado takes hold. Sit back and let the miles roll by, in relaxed casual touring comfort.
– 1,670cc, air-cooled, long-stroke, OHV, 8-valve, 48° V-twin powerplant pumps out lots of low-rpm torque.
– 4 valves per cylinder provide optimum breathing efficiency while 2 spark plugs per cylinder ensure complete combustion for maximum power output.
– Hydraulic valve lifters driven by twin crankcase-mounted camshafts deliver exceptional torquey performance and reduce maintenance needs.
– Twin crankcase-mounted camshafts activate the valves via hydraulic valve lifters and pushrods.
– Traditional pushrod valve actuation keeps overall engine height down for a lower centre of gravity. Pushrod tubes are chromed, adding to the beauty of this unique high tech, yet traditional, engine.
– Large-diameter, forged pistons offer great durability and lighter weight for fast engine response.
– Large bore ceramic composite-plated cylinders provide uniform heat dissipation, reduce weight, reduce friction and increase cylinder service life.
– Cooling fin thickness is optimized for maximum heat dissipation, thereby eliminating the need for liquid cooling, maintaining that traditional clean, air-cooled engine appearance.
– Warrior-based, rigid crankcases feature an eye-catching black paint scheme. The outer edge of the cooling fins on the cylinders is polished.
– Air Induction System (A.I.S.) reduces harmful exhaust emissions (CO + HC).
– Single Mikuni BSR 40mm CV carburetor with throttle position sensor features an accelerator pump, carburetor heater and classic side-mounted air filter to ensure great throttle response. The throttle position sensor is linked to the CDI and supplies info about throttle opening so the CDI can adjust ignition timing for optimum engine performance at all rpms.
– High-capacity air intake system with paper-type air filter provides maximum breathing for optimum performance.
– Smooth-shifting, 5-speed transmission with 5th gear overdrive delivers outstanding cruising performance and reduced rpms at highway speeds.
– Clean, quiet belt drive system is extremely low- maintenance and simplifies customization. Special narrow design drive belt and sprockets (front and rear) provide lightweight performance and exceptional durability.
– Dry sump lubrication system with handy, spin-on oil filter creates a lower centre of gravity by helping reduce overall engine height.
– Large, heavyweight crankshaft delivers superior, low-rpm torque and that incredible V-twin “pulse” feel.
– 2-piece heel-and-toe shifter adds versatility and enhances the overall cruising experience. This 2-piece design allows the rider to individually adjust front and rear portions to suit foot size or remove the rear section if not desired.
– Electric starting system features solenoid-activated auto-decompressor for easy, no-hassle starting.
– Classic 2-into-2 exhaust system features beefy, staggered, dual shotgun pipes that produce a soulful V-twin exhaust tune. Muffler replacement is fast and simple, if desired.
– Lots of high-quality chrome engine covers
– Solid-mounted engine housed in a specially designed gusset-less, double-cradle frame
– Long 1,685mm (66.3″) wheelbase creates a long and low retro profile, great rider comfort and solid, stable handling.
– Spacious ergonomics provide ample legroom, which maximizes rider comfort.
– 43mm front forks provide 140mm (5.5″) of wheel travel to smooth out the ride. The large-diameter upper fork shrouds, lower fork legs, upper triple clamp and handlebar clamp are accented with a brilliant chrome finish.
– Spring preload-adjustable, single-shock, rear link suspension lowers centre of gravity for better handling and a plush ride. Rear wheel travel is 110mm (4.3″).
– Rear shock is horizontally mounted under the engine and tucked out of sight, providing that classic, hardtail look.
– 298mm front disc brakes feature ultra rigid, monoblock, 4-piston calipers with chrome “buttons” accenting the outer piston covers. The dual disc brake set-up eliminates the unsettling twisting effect of a single disc set-up found on most cruisers.
– 320mm rear disc brake with 4-piston caliper provides excellent stopping power and feel.
– “Police-style” windshield offers great wind and weather protection while proudly displaying the Silverado insignia. This windshield offers two positions of height adjustability, and for those riders who prefer a “convertible”, the windshield can be quickly removed.
– Rider seat offers great comfort and support.
– Passenger backrest provides that extra peace of mind for your special companion.
– Colour-matched, hard saddlebags with chrome accents offer 35 litres of storage space per bag. The bags are lockable and fitted with handy, one-touch latches.
– Full-size, floating-type rider floorboards are roomy and comfortably positioned while also helping reduce vibration.
– Passenger floorboards provide roomy comfort and reduce vibration.
– Deeply valanced steel fenders combine timeless styling with rugged durability and easy customization.
– Nine-spoke, cast aluminum wheels not only reduce weight and maintenance (no spokes to tighten), but they also add a sportier styling image to the Midnight Silverado. Tubeless, bias ply tires are standard equipment.
– 20-litre fuel tank provides an exceptional cruising range. Fuel tank seam is hidden for that clean, custom look.
– Wide, swept-back, 1″-diameter handlebars reduce vibration on the rider’s hands thanks to being rubber mounted. The one-piece handlebar clamp is beautifully chrome-plated.
– Beautiful braided-look steel throttle and clutch cables enhance that the Road Star’s stylish custom look and image.
– Ultra-thin, tank-mounted speedometer features a stylish design with raised 3-D marks to highlight the speed graduations. Instrumentation includes odometer, dual tripmeters, clock and fuel gauge plus a range of indicator lights.
– Eye-catching, diamond-shaped, LED rear taillight with white lens looks like it is straight off a fully customized machine. The LED design not only provides a bright light, but also uses less power.
– Stylish turn signals with custom looking clear lenses are self canceling
– Rear turn signal mounting bracket is beautifully chromed and features a built-in license plate light.
– Value added passing lamps not only enhance styling, but also provide additional illumination.
– Industry-leading Star family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents creating a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
– Chromed, extra wide front brake and clutch levers provide a quality feel.
– Chrome handlebar switches, lever and master cylinder
– Stylish 3-D, fuel tank-mounted Road Star logo
– Seat and steering locks are integrated into the main ignition switch for extra convenience.
– Handy, dual under seat helmet holders
– Powerful, 12V 60/55-watt, halogen headlight
– Low-maintenance, sealed battery
– Electric fuel pump
– Self-canceling turn signals with stylish clear lenses
Engine air-cooled, OHV, 8-valve, 48°, V-twin
Displacement 1,670 cc
Bore and Stroke 97 x 113 mm
Compression Ratio 8.4:1
Maximum Torque 14.7 kg-m (106.3 ft-lbs.) @ 2500rpm
Fuel Delivery Mikuni BSR40 x 1
Ignition Digital TCI
Final Drive Belt
Suspension (Front) 43 mm fork
Suspension (Rear) Adjustable link Monocross
Brakes (Front) Dual 298 mm discs
Brakes (Rear) 320 mm disc
Tires (Front) 130/90-16
Tires (Rear) 150/80-16
Length 2,500 mm (98.4″)
Width 980 mm (38.6″)
Height 1,500 mm (59.1″)
Wheelbase 1,688 mm (66.5″)
Rake / Trail 32° / 142 mm (5.6″)
Ground Clearance 145 mm (5.7″)
Seat Height 710 mm (28″)
Dry Weight 323 kg (712 lb)
Fuel Capacity 20 litres (4.4 imp. gallons)
Colour(s) Metallic Black
USA: $13,599 (Raven) Available from July 2006
*Price and specifications subject to change without notice.
Please read your Owner’s Manual and all labels before operation.