2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture
Back to 2007 Yamaha Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture
2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture
Star in your own travel show.
Big smooth V-four power in a big smooth motorcycle designed to transport two people and plenty of gear in complete luxury. Cue the sound system. Hit the cruise control and let the show begin.
This is the motorcycle you always knew you’d own one day.
Take it coast to coast and enjoy the comfort, power and style that only a top-shelf touring bike can offer. The 2007 Royal Star Venture combines classic styling, unmatched comfort, class-leading power and flawless engineering in one bike. Swing a leg over and get away from it all. Across town or across Canada. So sweet to ride, every trip is like a holiday.
– 1294cc, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 4-valve, V4 engine is tuned to produce class-leading power – 98hp and maximum torque of 89 ft-lb @ 4,750 rpm – for incomparable touring performance.
– 4 valves per cylinder head design ensures maximum breathing efficiency for great engine performance.
– Four Mikuni BDSR 32mm carburetors with TPS deliver seamless throttle response.
– Each carburetor features a single 15-watt heater to ensure consistent fuel/air delivery under varying temperatures.
– Huge air box capacity provides exceptional airflow to help boost both torque and power.
– Compact-design, dual intake system enhances performance without sacrificing fuel tank capacity.
– Large-capacity radiator ensures superior engine cooling for maximum efficiency.
– Single-axis, internal counterbalancer reduces engine vibration for maximum rider comfort.
– Wide-ratio, 5-speed transmission with 5th gear overdrive reduces engine rpm at highway speeds for smooth, relaxed touring.
– Maintenance-free, light-action hydraulic clutch
– Smooth, clean, quiet, low-maintenance shaft drive
– 4-into-2 exhaust system puts out a throaty exhaust note and creates a long, low profile that’s easily customizable.
– Maintenance-free, transistorized coil ignition provides a precise timing curve at all rpms for instant engine response and fast, sure starts.
– Automatic cam chain tensioners reduce maintenance and mechanical engine noise.
– Air Induction System (A.I.S.) reduces harmful CO and HC emissions.
– Spin-on type oil filter means fast, easy oil changes.
– Easy-to-use heel-toe shifter highlights the Venture’s classic design.
– Numerous chromed engine parts highlight pride of ownership and attention to detail.
– High-integrity, double-cradle frame with solid engine mounting and 29° caster angle delivers responsive steering and excellent handling.
– Class-leading, long wheelbase 1,705mm (67.1″) for great rider control and excellent stability.
– Long wheelbase also creates exceptionally roomy ergonomics for maximum rider and passenger touring comfort.
– Air-adjustable, 43mm front fork with 140mm (5.6″) of wheel travel smoothes out the bumps and can be adjusted for varying load capacities.
– Air-adjustable, link rear suspension features a vertically mounted single shock for classic hardtail looks and outstanding long-distance ride quality. Rear wheel travel is 105mm (4.1″).
– Air adjustability lets rider adjust rear suspension preload to match load and road conditions.
– Dual 298mm front and single 320mm rear disc brakes use 4-piston calipers to provide strong, linear stopping power.
– Wide, fork-mounted fairing with wind deflectors and frame-mounted lower cowlings offer outstanding wind and weather protection.
– Full-sized, floating-type rider and passenger floorboards reduce vibration and are positioned for optimal long-distance comfort.
– Easy-to-reach, large-diameter, 1-inch, rubber-mounted handlebars reduce vibration.
– 22.5-litre fuel tank with low-fuel warning light ensure outstanding long-distance touring range.
– Large, powerful 12V 60/55-watt halogen headlight maximizes nighttime visibility while cutting a stylish profile.
– Remote adjustable headlight aiming with conveniently located control helps compensate for changes in load.
– Vintage-style instrument console features: digital speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeters, fuel reserve tripmeter, clock and fuel gauge.
– Convenient electronic cruise control system. Switch is located on right handlebar for ease of use.
– Clarion AM/FM cassette stereo features automatic volume control (AVC), 18-FM presets, 6-AM presets, covered cassette deck and remote controllers for rider and passenger. There is a front auxillary plug-in for an MP3 player.
– Four weather-resistant speakers (2-front/2-rear) with 14-watts per channel
– Handlebar-mounted, 40-channel CB radio
– Two-way rider/passenger intercom system
– Audio system is C.D. changer compatible and handset ready (available as accessories).
– Huge, 57-litre rear trunk with easy, one-touch opener can hold two full-faced helmets.
– Colour-matched, hard saddlebags feature handy, one-touch openers and 35-litres of storage per bag.
– Low-maintenance, sealed, 18 amp battery ensures easy, reliable starting.
– Self-canceling turn signals with clear lens
– Incomparable fit and finish includes flawless paint with extensive chrome and brushed stainless steel accents, and deep valanced steel fenders.
– Ignition switch, with integrated steering lock, and accessory position is mounted at the front of fuel tank for extra convenience.
– Separate cigarette lighter-type DC outlets for both rider and passenger
– Chrome engine guards, fender trim and 3-D Venture front fender mascot highlight unparalleled styling and attention to detail.
– Theft-resistant ignition switch
– Polished aluminum handlebar switches
– Padded passenger grab rails
– Extra wide clutch and brake levers
– 3-D Yamaha emblem on rear trunk and 3-D Venture fuel tank emblem
– Exclusive Royal Star 5-year unlimited mileage warranty
Engine 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 4-valve, 70°, V-4
Bore and Stroke 79 x 66mm
Compression Ratio 10:01
Maximum Torque 12.3kg-m (89.0 ft-lb) @ 4,750 rpm
Fuel Delivery Mikuni BDSR32 x 4
Ignition Digital TCI
Final Drive Shaft
Suspension (Front) 43mm, air-assisted fork, 140mm (5.5″) travel
Suspension (Rear) Air-assisted, link-type Monocross,105mm (4.1″) travel
Brakes (Front) Dual 298mm discs
Brakes (Rear) 320mm disc
Tires (Front) 150/80-16
Tires (Rear) 150/90-15
Length 2,655mm (104.5″)
Width 900mm (35.4″)
Height 1,565mm (61.6″)
Wheelbase 1,705mm (67.1″)
Seat Height 750mm (29.5″)
Dry Weight 366kg (805.2 lb)
Fuel Capacity 22.5 litres (5 imp. gallons)
Colour(s) Dark Metallic Purplish Blue
USA: $17,099 (Galaxy Blue/Raven) Available from July 2006
$17,399 Midnight Venture (Raven) Available from July 2006
*Price and specifications subject to change without notice.
Please read your Owner’s Manual and all labels before operation.