2007 Yamaha V-Star 1300 Tourer
Back to 2007 Yamaha Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2007 Yamaha V-Star 1300 Tourer
2007 Yamaha V-Star 1300 Tourer
80 cubic inches of brand-new V-Twin pulse.
Add leather-wrapped sidebags, quick detachable windshield and passenger backrest to the newest Star and the possibilities are even more wide open. That all-new 80-cubic-inch fuel injected V-twin and belt final drive are good to go just about anywhere.
Weekends will always seem too short
The bold new V-Star 1300 Tourer has the same class leading power and handling of the regular V-Star 1300 plus 3 of the most sought after “casual touring” extras. A windshield, saddlebags and passenger backrest make the Tourer a perfect weekend escape machine. From the spacious rider floorboards to the roomy soft saddlebags, all of the components blend together to offer unmatched function, comfort and style
– All new 1304cc, (80 cubic inch) liquid-cooled, short stroke, SOHC, 4-valve, 60° V-twin powerplant pumps out incredible amounts of class leading power and torque for unparalleled acceleration and cruising performance.
– Liquid-cooling on only allows for higher state of tune because it maintains more stable running temperatures, but also reduces mechanical noise especially from the valve train for a quieter engine.
– In an effort to maintain the classic air cooled appearance of the engine, cooling fins have been added as a styling touch.
– The short stroke engine design reduces the “tallness” of the engine, while the 60 degree “V” makes the engine more compact thereby centralizing mass and lowering the center of gravity for lighter more responsive handling.
– Classic V-twin “pulse feeling” and engine character highlight this new powerplant while annoying vibration has been eliminated.
– One-piece cylinder heads feature 4-valves per cylinder to provide optimum breathing efficiency for maximum power output. Each head is fitted with a single spark plug.
– Stylish new chromed cylinder head cover.
– The SOHC valve train features 36mm intake and 32mm exhaust valves with single springs for great power and torque. Valves are set at 20 degrees. Specially designed roller rockers activate the valves. This new roller rocker system allows a greater amount of valve lift without producing excessive camshaft wear. The slipper portion of the rocker arm features a needle bearing to further reduce wear and slide resistance. The camshafts have been specially designed.
– Optimized squish area forces the fuel / air mixture toward the centre of the combustion chamber for more complete combustion and hence power. Long reach spark plugs are utilized.
– The water pump which is integrated with the oil pump is located inside the engine cases to keep a cleaner, more traditional air-cooled look to the powerplant. The engine is wet sump design.
– The radiator is mounted between the front frames down tubes to minimize its appearance especially when viewing the machine from the side. Even the rad hoses have been discretely placed for a cleaner appearance. An electric fan aids in cooling in stop and go traffic. Special cooling louvers direct air to the rad.
– Automatic hydraulic cam chain tensioner reduces mechanical noise.
– Ceramic composite-plated cylinders reduce weight, increase cylinder life and provide uniform heat dissipation. The cylinders have a tapered “V” appearance to highlight the V-twin design. Cylinder bore is 100mm.
– New, forged pistons offer great durability and reduced weight for faster engine response.
– Newly designed 3 axis crankshaft features a single crank pin. The crankshaft turns counter clockwise. This specially designed crank helps to enhance the pulse feeling and engine character.
– New forged connecting rods.
– Single axis, left and right dual counter balancers reduce vibration to a minimum while maximizes rider comfort.
– New crankshaft design features a revised rod location to increase the stroke.
– New crankcase design features internal oil and coolant lines for a clean, air-cooled engine appearance. There are piston coolers that spray oil at the under side of the piston located in the cases.
– Easy access, spin on type oil filter is located under the engine in the cases. There is no need to remove any parts to access the oil filter.
– Classic side mounted 3.7 liter airbox houses a viscous paper-type filter and adds that special styling touch.
– All new, dual bore, 40mm returnless-type throttle body fuel injection system with TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) and ISC (Idle Speed Control) . This is a “semi-closed loop” system that utilizes an oxygen sensor. Bore size is 40mm and each injector features 12 holes and a dual spray pattern for better atomization and more complete combustion chamber filling. There is one injector per cylinder. Fuel injection benefits include improved fuel economy, chokeless operation, reduced emissions, and smoother running.
– High pressure fuel pump is located in separate tank below the seat.
– All new 2 into 1 exhaust system features a 3-way honeycomb catalyzier at the entry point to the muffler. The catalyzier reduces harmful exhaust emissions, while the muffler produces a throaty V-Twin growl. The rear portion of the muffler features a “slash cut” end
– Smooth-shifting, 5-speed transmission with 5th gear overdrive delivers outstanding cruising performance and reduced rpms at highway speeds.
– Clean, quiet belt drive system is extremely low maintenance and simplifies customization. The belt is unique to the XVS1300 and features a carbon core for strength. * The new 7-spoke rear pulley has been styled to match the new cast wheels.
– Specially designed starter motor features a damping mechanism to prevent damage from kick back.
– Air Induction System (A.I.S.) reduces harmful exhaust emissions (CO + HC).
– One piece classic heel-and-toe shifter adds versatility and enhances the overall cruising experience.
– Electric starting system features a new mechanical centrifugal decompression device in the exhaust camshaft for easy, no-hassle starting.
– All new double cradle steel frame offers roomy ergonomics, and great handling. This new frame utilizes a rigid engine mounting system to optimize the overall rigidity balance for superior handling. The rack is 32 degrees, while the lean angle is a sporty 34 degrees.
– All new, steel swingarm matches the new frame and provides superior performance in a wide variety of conditions, while also making a bold styling statement.
– Long 1,690mm (66.5″) wheelbase creates a long, low retro profile, solid stable handling and great roomy rider comfort. This chassis is longer than the XVS1100 by 45mm (1.8″) and offers a 48% front // 52 % rear weight distribution.
– The long low design means spacious ergonomics with lots of leg room, which maximizes both rider and passenger comfort. Seat height is only 710mm or 28 inches off the ground
– New, 41mm front fork features stylish large-diameter covers. Wheel travel is 130mm (5.1″) for a smooth, comfortable ride.
– Monocross style, spring preload-adjustable, single-shock, link rear suspension centralizes mass for easy handling. The linkage system provides a rising rate effect that provides excellent compliance on both small and large bumps.
– Rear shock is vertically mounted behind the engine and is tucked out of sight for that classic, hardtail look. Rear wheel travel is 110mm (4.3″).
– Dual 298mm, floating front disc brakes are squeezed by compact twin piston front calipers.
– 298mm rear disc brake is squeezed by single piston caliper mounted to the underside of the swingarm. This design not only helps to hide the caliper but also lowers the center of gravity for better handling.
– All new, lightweight 7-spoke cast aluminum wheels are fitted wide tubeless tires. The new stylish wheels are both easy to clean and never require maintaince. The rear drive pulley matches the new wheels.
– Full-size, “tapered” floating-type rider floorboards are roomy and comfortably positioned while also helping reduce vibration. There is a replaceable “scraper” area on the lower edge of the footboard.
– All new, 1 inch, rubber mounted handlebars are easy to reach and help to reduce vibration as well.
– All new front and rear fenders are steel for easy customization and painting.
– All new 18.5 liter teardrop shaped fuel tank with flush mounted filler cap. Fuel tank seam is hidden for that clean, custom look.
– Generous rider and passenger seats offer plenty of room and support for all day riding comfort. Seat height is only 715mm or 28.1 inches off the ground
– All new handlebar-mounted chromed instrument features a stylish new design”. Readouts include: analog speedometer, digital odometer, dual tripmeters, low fuel tripmeter, clock and low fuel warning light. Stylish red background illumination.
– New design handlebar switch gear allows the operator to change instrument meter functions via buttons on the back of the RHS handlebar switch, thereby eliminating the need to take your hands off the bars to adjust the main instrument functions.
– All new 60/55 watt high intensity headlight emphasizes the “wild streamline”, mass forward styling design. The headlight is adjustable both up and down plus left and right via remote adjusters. There are also two 35 watt accessory light connectors inside the headlight shell for accessory passing lamps.
– “Police-style” windshield offers great wind and weather protection. This windshield offers two positions of height adjustability, and for those riders who prefer a “convertible”, the windshield can be quickly removed with minimal tools.
– Soft leather saddlebags with quick-release buckles offer ample storage for casual touring trips. They feature an inner reinforcement to keep their shape
– Passenger backrest provides that extra peace of mind for your special companion.
– Industry-leading Star family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents creating a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
– Extra wide front brake and clutch levers provide a quality feel.
– Steering lock is integrated into the main ignition switch for extra convenience.
– Handy, under seat helmet holder
– Low-maintenance, sealed battery ensures fuss-free, dependable starting. This battery requires no maintance except during winter storage
– New designed, self-cancelling turn signals feature clear lenses.
– New design chromed signal mounting brackets
– Conventional passenger footpegs
– High output 460watt generator
Engine Liquid-cooled, SOHC , 4-valve, 60°, V-twin
Displacement 1,304cc (80 cubic inch)
Bore and Stroke 100 x 83 mm
Compression Ratio 9.5:1
Maximum Torque 11.3 kg-m (81.8 ft-lb) @ 4,000 rpm
Fuel Delivery Dual bore 40mm Fuel Injection
Ignition Digital TCI
Final Drive Belt
Suspension (Front) 41 mm fork
Suspension (Rear) Adjustable link Monocross
Brakes (Front) Dual 298 mm discs
Brakes (Rear) 298 mm disc
Tires (Front) 130/90-16 (bias ply tire)
Tires (Rear) 170/70-16 (bias ply tire)
Length 2,490 mm (98″)
Width 980 mm (38.6″)
Height 1500 mm(59.1″)
Wheelbase 1,690 mm (66.5″)
Seat Height 715 mm (28,1 “)
Dry Weight 290 kg (638 lb)
Fuel Capacity 18.5 litres (4.1 imp. gallons)
Colour(s) Black Metallic; Deep Red Metallic; Silver
USA: $11,190 (Raven) Available from October 2006
$11,190 (Candy Red) Available from October 2006
$11,390 (Liquid Silver/Charcoal Silver) Available from October 2006
*Price and specifications subject to change without notice.
Please read your Owner’s Manual and all labels before operation.