2009 Honda CRF50F
Back to 2009 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2009 Honda CRF50F
2009 Honda CRF50F
Meet the CRF50F, not only one of the greatest entry-level off-road bikes ever made, but also one of the most popular. In fact, thousands and thousands of kids (maybe even you, Dad or Mom?) can call this rugged, 49cc dynamo – featuring a beginner-friendly automatic clutch and low seat height – their first Honda. And one ride was all it took to know it wasn’t their last.
Featuring an inverted fork, 49cc four-stroke engine, automatic clutch and three-speed gearbox, it’s no wonder this little Honda CRF50F has been the model of choice for beginning riders the world over for more than 40 years.
Features & Benefits
– Dependable 49cc SOHC four-stroke engine develops smooth, easy-to-use power.
– 10.0:1 compression ratio for good performance.
– Maintenance-free CD ignition and automatic cam-chain tensioner.
– 13mm piston-valve carburetor offers excellent fuel mileage and throttle response throughout the rpm range.
– Smooth-shifting three-speed transmission and automatic clutch offer simple operation and easy takeoffs.
– Durable #420 drive chain offers dependable operation and low maintenance.
– USDA-qualified muffler/spark arrester is efficient and quiet.
– Closed crankcase ventilation system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
– High-tensile steel frame and swingarm offer excellent balance of strength and compliance.
– Inverted telescopic fork offers a plush 3.5 inches of suspension travel.
– Single-shock rear suspension provides 2.8 inches of well-damped travel and is mounted to a reinforced swingarm.
– 28-spoke, 10-inch-diameter wheels with die-cast-aluminum hubs look great, provide excellent maneuverability and offer smooth ride quality.
– Powerful, lightweight front and rear drum brakes.
– Wide, long-wearing off-road tires offer excellent traction.
– Front suspension spring and damping rates for optimum rider comfort and bump absorption.
– CRF®-R-inspired bodywork.
– Engine design produces low emissions that meets both EPA and California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards.
– Narrow 4.3-inch-wide CRF-type seat, slim fuel tank and extra-low 21.6-inch seat height provide excellent comfort and mobility for a broad range of young riders.
– Adjustable throttle limiter.
– Keyed ignition switch prevents unauthorized use.
– Motocross-style handlebar with padded protector.
– Small-size control levers enhance young rider comfort and confidence.
– High-quality, comfortable grips.
– Small overall size and light weight simplify transport.
– Easy-access washable foam air filter simplifies maintenance.
– Folding, cleated footpegs offer secure footing even in muddy conditions.
– Durable plastic fenders are nearly indestructible.
– Honda Racing-inspired colors and graphics.
Transferable six-month limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
When you buy a new Honda Powersports Product, you may be eligible to receive a complimentary one year membership in the Honda Riders Club of America®, which includes an exclusive Members-only magazine, rider training benefits, access to the Members-only Clubhouse Web site and much more. Some limitations apply. For more information on the HRCA®, log on to hrca.honda.com.
2009 Honda CRF50F – USA Specifications
MSRP: 1,349 USD
Engine Type: 49cc air cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 39mm x 41.4mm
Compression ratio: 10.0:1
Valve Train: SOHC; two-valve
Induction: 13mm piston-valve carburetor
Transmission: Three-speed with automatic clutch
Final Drive: #420 chain; 14T/37T
Suspension Front: Inverted telescopic fork; 3.5 inches travel
Rear: Single shock; 2.8 inches travel
Brakes Front: Drum
Tires Front: 2.50-10
Wheelbase: 36.0 inches
Rake (Caster angle): 25.0o
Trail: 32mm (1.3 inches)
Seat Height: 21.6 inches
Curb Weight*: 110 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 0.7 gallon, including 0.2 reserve
6 months Coverage of defects in materials and workmanship
Meets current CARB and EPA standards.
* Curb weight includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel – ready to ride.
2009 Honda CRF50F – Canada Specifications