2009 Suzuki Burgman 400
Back to 2009 Suzuki Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2009 Suzuki Burgman 400
2009 Suzuki Burgman 400
Looking to turn some heads? You came to the right place.
The Burgman 400 not only combines exhilarating performance with a comfortable ride – it boasts a stylish design that’s guaranteed to capture the spotlight wherever you ride.
Around town or on longer rides, the Burgman 400 offers an impressively comfortable ride. It has plush suspension, matched by a sleek, aerodynamic fairing that provides excellent protection from the wind. A stepped seat and an easily adjustable backrest for the rider provides comfortable seating mile after mile. And concave floorboards offer you and your passenger plenty of legroom.
For exciting performance, its liquid-cooled engine offers strong acceleration, while an advanced fuel injection system provides crisp throttle response. It also has an automatic clutch and V-belt drive for smooth power delivery.
Have some cargo you need to stash? No problem. The Burgman 400 has a lighted underseat storage compartment that accommodates two full-coverage helmets, matched by three front compartments with lids that allow quick, easy access to smaller items.
So add some style – and excitement – to your life, with the 2009 Suzuki Burgman 400!
– Sporty look with aggressively styled bodywork with all the convenience features of a scooter
– Idle Speed Control (ISC) system ensures optimal idling under various conditions
– Oval section exhaust system meets Euro 3 emission regulations with a catalyzer and oxygen sensor
– Liquid-cooled, 400cc DOHC 4-valve engine – designed to produce broad, usable power with smooth/quiet operation and low maintenance
– Electronic fuel injection system provides easy engine starts, precise throttle response, reduced fuel consumption and low emissions
– Injector is mounted directly in the intake pipe and aimed directly at the intake valves for more efficient combustion
– Electronically controlled pulsed-air injection system (PAIR), helps reduce emissions
– Convenient electric starting system with maintenance-free battery
– Belt-drive, CVT transmission is fully automatic and easy-to-use
– High-efficiency liquid-cooling system includes thermostatically-controlled fan for consistent engine temperature under all operation conditions
– Easy-to-read instrument panel with analog speedometer and tachometer combined with LCD odometer, twin tripmeters, clock and average fuel consumption readout.
– Large windshield for increased rider comfort and creates a smooth flow of air over the rider
– Large 62 liter under-seat storage compartment is the largest in its class and can comfortably hold two full face helmets
– Large 14 inch front wheel combined with dual hydraulic disc brakes up front for improved stability and braking control
– High-tensile steel-tube frame designed for strength and rigidity
– Telescopic front fork with 41mm inner tubes for unmatched rider comfort and control
– Link-type rear suspension features a single shock absorber with 7 way adjustable spring preload
– Convenient front glovebox compartment with DC-electrical accessory outlet, plus two additional storage compartments above the glovebox
– Large, comfortable seat with passenger backrest and convenient lever-adjustable rider backrest
– Cut-away floorboards provide more space for rider’s legs when putting feet down
– Tamper-resistant magnetic ignition switch cover for added security – ignition switch includes built-in seat latch operation
– Convenient parking brake with easy-to-use single lever operation
2009 Suzuki Burgman 400 – USA Specifications
MSRP: $6,199 USD
Model Number AN400K9
Suggested Retail $6199
Engine 400cc (24.4 cu. in), 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC
Bore & Stroke 81.0 mm (3.189 in) x 77.6 mm (3.055 in)
Compression Ratio 10.6 : 1
Fuel System Fuel injection
Lubrication Wet Sump
Ignition Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
Final Drive V-belt drive
Overall Length 2270 mm (89.4 in)
Overall Width 760 mm (29.9 in)
Overall Height 1385 mm (54.5 in)
Seat Height 710 mm (28.0 in)
Ground Clearance 125 mm (4.9 in)
Wheelbase 1585 mm (62.4 in)
Curb Weight 215 kg
Suspension Front Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
Suspension Rear Link type, coil spring, oil damped
Brakes Front Disc brake, twin
Brakes Rear Disc brake
Tires Front 120/80-14 M/C 58S, tubeless
Tires Rear 150/70-13 M/C, 64S tubeless
Fuel Tank Capacity 13.5L (3.6/3.0 US/Imp gal)
Color Gray, White
2009 Suzuki Burgman 400 – Canada Specifications
MSRP: $0 CDN
Model not available in Canada. See ABS Version
Prices and specifications subject to change without notice.