46 Years of Models
+ 2017 Motorcycles
+ 2016 Motorcycles
+ 2015 Motorcycles
+ 2014 Motorcycles
+ 2013 Motorcycles
+ 2012 Motorcycles
+ 2011 Motorcycles
+ 2010 Motorcycles
+ 2000 - 2009 Models
+ 1990 - 1999 Models
+ 1980 - 1989 Models
+ 1970 - 1979 Models
+ ATV Guides
+ Concept Bikes
Guides & Resources
+ Beginner's Guide
+ Biker's Dictionary
+ Buyer's Guide
+ Compare Bike/ATVs
+ MPG Guide
+ Maintenance Guide
+ Mfg Compendium
+ Model History Guide
+ Cool Wall
+ Performance Guide
+ Restoration Tips
+ Specs Handbook
+ Tire/Tyre Guide
+ TMW History
+ Travel Guide
+ Shopping Guide
+ Unit Converters
+ Moto Guzzi
+ MV Agusta
+ Royal Enfield
+ Photo Gallery
+ Google Plus
+ Old Photo Gallery
+ TMW Merchandise
Advertising & Media
+ Contact Us
+ Site Map
All content on Total Motorcycle is copyright protected and actively monitored by DMCA Protection Services.
Motorcycle is family owned and operated
By Riders, For Riders, 250 Million readers for over 16 years.
Honda GL1500CF Valkyrie Interstate
Back to 2000 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photo to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
- 2000 Honda GL1500CF
The gorgeous Valkyrie Interstate is the most powerful touring motorcycle
you can buy, featuring unparalleled performance, long-distance touring comfort
and Honda's legendary reliability.
New for 2000
· Pearl Blue/Pearl Silver two-tone metallic paint joins Black/Red and classic Black.
· Beautifully designed fork-mounted fairing features superb protection from the elements, a classic twin-headlight design with beautiful chrome case, and a laminar-flow fairing duct below the windscreen to minimize low-pressure turbulence for the rider.
· Full-size 49-liter rear trunk complements 35-liter saddlebags and is ideal for long-distance touring. Trunk holds up to two helmets, features hidden access lever and showcases twin pairs of retro-style chrome-set taillights.
· Large-capacity fuel tank holds 6.9 gallons for extended touring.
· Radiator sidecovers route hot engine air away from the rider and have adjustable vents to direct cooling air to rider's legs.
· Seat has firm, comfortable construction for long-distance touring and a low, 28.7-inch height. Wide passenger seat has full-sized backrest for added comfort.
· Standard AM/FM radio features fairing-mounted 25-watt speakers, intercom, automatic volume control, ambiance setting and connectors for optional CB radio, add-on auxiliary component, and rear speakers. Handlebar-mounted module controls power, radio band, channel memory, audio mode, voice mode, talk, speakers/headset and clock.
· Classically styled instrument display features analog speedometer with electronic pickup, analog tachometer, LCD odometer, fuel level, clock, and audio displays.
· Liquid-cooled 1520cc six-cylinder engine is tuned for excellent roll-on power and sophisticated cruising comfort.
· Gold Wing-derived engine adds six carburetors, revised camshaft timing and a free-flow exhaust system to boost engine output considerably.
· Carefully designed chrome engine accents, including manifolds, timing belt cover and reshaped head covers, add to custom styling appeal.
· Five-speed transmission with close ratios for exciting roll-on performance.
· Quiet and virtually maintenance-free shaft drive.
· Simple-to-service screw-and-locknut valve-clearance adjusters.
· Tuned six-into-six exhaust system has three individual outlet pipes enclosed in a single muffler-like casing on each side. The six separate pipes give a unique and exciting sound, along with excellent performance.
· Maintenance-free hydraulic clutch, electronic ignition, belt-driven camshafts and shaft drive reduce servicing time and cost.
· Powerful, 546-watt alternator offers plenty of power for electrical accessories.
· Strong, rugged tuned chassis offers confidence-inspiring handling.
· Massive, 45mm inverted front fork gives 5.1 inches of plush yet well-controlled travel.
· Large-section aluminum alloy top and bottom triple-clamps add to fork rigidity.
· Dual rear shocks with five-position preload adjustability give 4.7 inches of wheel travel.
· Large-section radial tires provide excellent grip and a smooth ride.
· Polished aluminum hollow-cast wheels complement the retro styling.
· Dual-front and single-rear disc brakes are equipped with twin-piston calipers.
· Relaxed and comfortable riding position comes from a wide, low, large-diameter handlebar and low, 28.7-inch seat height.
· Dual 45/45-watt halogen headlights with unique retro-style chrome case and multi reflector-type lens.
· Convenient push-to-cancel turn-signal switch.
· Comfortable, large-diameter handgrips.
· Transferable three-year unlimited-mileage limited warranty.
1520cc liquid-cooled, horizontally opposed, 6-cylinder
Bore and Stroke
71mm x 64mm
Belt driven 2-valve SOHC
Six 28mm diaphragm-type CV
45mm inverted fork, 130mm travel
Dual shocks with 5 way spring preload adjustment 120mm travel
Dual 296mm floating discs with twin piston calipers
Single 316mm disc with twin piston caliper
150/80R - 17
180/70R - 16
1690mm (66.5 in.)
730mm (28.7 in.)
352 kg (773.8 lbs.)
27.6 litres (6.1 Imp. gal.)
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national
regulation and legislations.