+ 2015 Motorcycles
+ 2014 Motorcycles
+ 2013 Motorcycles
+ 2012 Motorcycles
+ 2011 Motorcycles
+ 2010 Motorcycles
+ 2009 Motorcycles
+ 2008 Motorcycles
+ 2007 Motorcycles
+ 2006 Motorcycles
+ 2005 Motorcycles
+ 2004 Motorcycles
+ 2003 Motorcycles
+ 2002 Motorcycles
+ 2001 Motorcycles
+ 2000 Motorcycles
+ 1970-1999 Models
+ 2009-2013 ATVs
+ Concept Bikes
Guides & Resources
+ Beginner's Guide
+ Bikers Dictionary
+ Buyers Guide
+ Concept Bike Guide
+ Compare Bike/ATVs
+ Fuel Economy Guide
+ Maintenance Guide
+ Mfg Compendium
+ Model History Guide
+ Motorcycle Cool Wall
+ Motorcycle Events
+ Motorcycle News
+ Motorcycle Reviews
+ Performance Guide
+ Product Reviews
+ Restoration Tips
+ Specs Handbook
+ Tire/Tyre Guide
+ TMW Museum
+ TMW Interviews
+ Travel Guide
+ Shopping Guide
+ Unit Converter Guide
+ Moto Guzzi
+ MV Agusta
+ Royal Enfield
+ Motorcycle Forums
+ Photo Gallery
+ Become a TMW fan!
+ On Facebook
+ On Google Plus
+ On Twitter
+ On YouTube
+ RSS News Feed
+ RSS Forum Feed
+ Old Photo Galleries
+ Contests & Prizes
+ TMW T-Shirts
+ Search This Site
+ Add us to your site
Advertising & Media
+ Advertise on TMW
+ Our Sponsors
+ Contact Us
+ TMW Recognition
+ TMW Staff
+ Our Motorcycles
+ Our Ride Photos
+ Site Map
Honda Shadow Spirit 750
Back to 2006 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
Shadow Spirit 750
Street-rod styling and the impressive torque of its long-stroke 52-degree V-twin engine make the Shadow Spirit 750 a mainstay on America's backroads and boulevards.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
NEW FOR 2006
- New Candy Orange, Titanium Flame and Candy Dark Red Flame colors join classic Black.
- 745cc liquid-cooled V-twin engine produces impressive low-rpm torque and usable power over a broad rpm range.
- Long-stroke 52° V-twin engine design provides a satisfying, classic V-twin feel.
- Dual 34mm constant-velocity carburetors offer crisp throttle response.
- Carburetor electric-heater system improves rideability and ensures smooth operation in cold conditions.
- Three-valve cylinder-head design utilizes two spark plugs per cylinder for excellent combustion efficiency and high power output.
- CD ignition with electronic advance offers dependability and is maintenance-free.
- Silent-type maintenance-free camshaft-chain adjusters.
- Aluminum radiator with cooling fan maintains consistent engine temperature for optimum performance and long engine life.
- Sleek two-into-two exhaust system features bullet-style mufflers for a classic street-rod style.
- Wide-ratio five-speed transmission.
- Large, rectangular-section steel tube backbone frame and massive cast steering head are both strong and very rugged.
- Frame features forged pivot-plates, rigid engine-mounting and large, rectangular-section swingarm.
- Sturdy and responsive 41mm front fork features a large billet-aluminum triple-clamp. Together they deliver confident, neutral handling and a plush ride with 5.1 inches of wheel travel.
- Large 4mm-thick fork brace mounted under fender enhances rigidity and steering precision.
- Dual chromed rear shocks feature an advanced internal valve system and five-position spring preload adjustability, while offering 3.2 inches of wheel travel for a smooth, well-controlled ride.
- Progressive springs and plush front and rear suspension settings provide a low-slung street-rod look while delivering excellent handling characteristics.
- Traditional spoked wheels with wide chromed rims.
- Large 110/80-19 front and 160/80-15 rear tires provide abundant traction and complement the Spirit 750's stylish good looks.
- Single 296mm front disc brake with twin-piston caliper grips the drilled rotor between sintered metal pads. Rear brake features a 180mm drum.
- Durable O-ring-sealed drive chain.
- Tank-mounted speedometer features an attractive chrome instrument housing.
- Semi-swept handlebar design provides a comfortable, upright riding position. The handlebar is mounted on rubber-cushioned risers to reduce vibration.
- Dragster-style seat boasts a low 26.6-inch seat height for confidence during low-speed maneuvers.
- Chrome highlights include: cylinder-head cover, air cleaner cover, left and right engine sidecovers, brake and clutch lever brackets, rear brake pedal, shift lever, footpeg brackets, sidestand, chainguard and swingarm pivot cap.
- Buffed aluminum front brake master cylinder.
- Black treatment of engine center cases and cylinders with polished treatment on cylinder fins.
- Computer-designed multi-reflector headlight features a 60W/55W halogen bulb for superb lighting.
- Custom-styled taillight and attractive bullet-shaped turn indicators.
- Long, custom-designed 3.6-gallon fuel tank.
- Chopper-style rear fender.
- Durable, maintenance-free 12-amp-hour battery.
- Steering-head lock for added security when parked.
- Transferable one-year unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Ownership includes one-year complimentary membership for an individual in the Honda Rider's Club of America (HRCA®). Benefits include: discounts, travel benefits, roadside assistance, one year of Honda Red Rider magazine, access to HRCA Clubhouse Web site (www.hrca.honda.com) and access online to Honda Common Service Manual. For HRCA details, call 1-800-847-HRCA. For dealers only, please call (310) 783-3958.
- TOURING ACCESSORIES: Custom Windshield, Leather Saddlebags, Leather Tank Belt, Leather Front Pouch, Leather Backrest Bag, Leather Touring Bag, Solo Seat with Rear Fender Panel, Backrest with Pad (Tall and Low) and Rear Carrier (Square Tube).
- CHROME BILLET ACCESSORIES: Master Cylinder Cap, Handlebar Clamps, Oil Dipstick, Brake Caliper Cap and License Plate Frame.
- ADDITIONAL ACCESSORIES: Cycle Cover.
(Accessory availability and specifications subject to change without notice.)
Engine Type: 745cc liquid-cooled 52° V-twin
Bore and Stroke: 79mm x 76mm
Compression Ratio: 9.0:1
Valve Train: SOHC; three valves per cylinder
Carburetion: Two 34mm diaphragm-type constant-velocity
Ignition: CD with electronic advance, two spark plugs per cylinder
Transmission: Wide-ratio five-speed
Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain
Front: 41mm fork; 5.1 inches travel
Rear: Dual shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability; 3.2 inches travel
Front: Single 296mm disc with twin-piston caliper
Wheelbase: 64.8 inches
Rake (Caster Angle): 34°
Trail: 152mm (6.0 inches)
Seat Height: 26.6 inches
Dry Weight: 496 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 3.6 gallons, including 1.3-gallon reserve
Colors: Candy Orange, Titanium Flame, Candy Dark Red Flame, Black
Meets current CARB and EPA standards.
California version differs slightly due to emissions equipment.
Thank for supporting