Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2009 Honda TRX400X
2009 Honda TRX400X
The TRX400X strikes an excellent balance between all-out, race-ready performance, reliability, and sport ATV riding ergonomics. Its legendary SOHC, 397cc, air-cooled, dry-sump RFVC Honda engine combined with triple-disc brakes, long-travel, Baja-ready Pro-Link® suspension, standard reverse, one-thumb electric start and radical race-style bodywork, means you’re looking at a machine that’s just as dedicated as you are.
Featuring a blend of aggressive styling and high performance, the sporty TRX400X also offers a refined design and thoughtful rider amenities such as Reverse gear and electric starting.
Features & Benefits
New for 2009
– New Black color joins Red/Black, Black/White.
– The 397cc RFVC engine draws its breath from the same engine that powered the bulletproof XR400R.
– Rugged steel frame with removable subframe for easy maintenance.
– Beautiful one-piece cast-aluminum swingarm offers exceptional rigidity.
– Radial tires for exceptional handling.
– Triple disc brakes provide superb stopping power.
– Aggressive body style complements the all-sport appearance.
– High-performance, 397cc, dry-sump, air-cooled, four-stroke, single-cylinder engine.
– Radial Four-Valve Combustion Chamber (RFVC) for maximum combustion efficiency and horsepower.
– Camshaft timing developed especially to meet ATV requirements for torque and useable horsepower.
– Gear-driven counterbalancer minimizes engine vibration for smooth operation.
– Dual intake and exhaust ports for maximum engine efficiency in sport operating conditions.
– Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioner.
– Closed-crankcase vent system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
– 38mm carburetor provides light throttle effort, superb air/fuel mixing and driveability. An accelerator pump ensures excellent throttle response for maximum power.
– Stainless-steel dual exhaust header pipes resist corrosion.
– USDA-qualified muffler/spark arrester offers quiet operation and maximum power.
– CD ignition with electronic advance and 9100-rpm engine rev limiter.
– Heavy-duty clutch has 2mm-thick plates designed to stand up to sport-ATV demands.
– High-efficiency oil cooler supplements the large-capacity oil tank for maximum engine cooling.
– Five-speed transmission with Reverse has gears and ratios specifically designed for sport-ATV use.
– Round-tube steel frame with removable subframe is lightweight, durable and very strong.
– One-piece cast-aluminum swingarm for maximum strength, rigidity and durability.
– Independent double-wishbone front suspension offers 8.2 inches of travel from twin Showa shock absorbers with five-position adjustable spring preload for superb ride quality over harsh terrain.
– Pro-Link® rear suspension with a fully adjustable large-diameter aluminum-body piggyback Showa shock absorber provides 9.1 inches of travel (see Technology Section).
– Triple disc brakes feature excellent stopping power and a weight-saving aluminum rear caliper stay.
– Aluminum Pro-Link components further reduce vehicle weight.
– Lightweight aluminum wheels reduce unsprung weight for even better handling.
– Radial tires with knobby pattern provide superb traction and cornering ability.
– Durable and heavy-duty O-ring-sealed drive chain.
– Easy-to-use eccentric chain adjuster.
– Engine design meets California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards.
– Convenient pushbutton electric starting.
– Long, narrow seat provides excellent comfort and superb sport riding ergonomics.
– Aggressive styling of front cowl, fuel tank and fenders complements pure-sport design.
– Durable plastic fuel tank.
– Dual 30-watt headlights integrated into front cowl provide distinctive sport style and excellent function.
– LED rear brake light and taillight for high visibility and long life.
– Snorkel-type airbox to avoid contamination from water and dirt.
– Washable, two-stage, large-capacity foam air filter.
– Oil tank features a dipstick for easy maintenance.
– Comfortable dogleg levers; clutch lever has cable adjuster and dust cover.
– High-impact plastic skidplates protect engine cases, rear brake disc and sprocket.
– Rear mudguard with rigid footrests.
– Maintenance-free battery.
– Keyed ignition switch offers added security.
– Multifunction handlebar switch assembly is simple to operate.
– Easy-to-use parking brake.
– Tool kit includes tire-pressure gauge and owner’s manual.
– Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
– Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
– When you buy a new Honda Powersports Product, you may be eligible to receive a complimentary one year membership in the Honda Riders Club of America, which includes an exclusive Members-only magazine, rider training benefits, access to the Members-only Clubhouse website and much more. Some limitations apply. For more information on the HRCA, log on to hrca.honda.com.
Honda Genuine Accessories
– Flag Kit.
2009 Honda TRX400X – USA Specifications
American MSRP $6,149 USD
Engine Type: 397cc RFVC air-cooled dry-sump single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 85mm x 70mm
Induction: 38mm piston-valve with accelerator pump
Ignition: CD with electronic advance
Transmission: Five-speed with Reverse
Driveline: O-ring-sealed chain
Front: Independent double-wishbone with Showa shocks, five-position spring preload adjustability; 8.2 inches travel
Rear: Pro-Link fully adjustable single Showa shock; 9.1 inches travel
Front: Dual hydraulic 174mm discs
Rear: Single 220mm disc
Front: 22×7-10 knobby radial
Rear: 20×10-9 knobby radial
Length: 71.7 inches
Width: 45.5 inches
Height: 44.0 inches
Seat Height: 32.9 inches
Ground Clearance: 4.1 inches
Wheelbase: 47.9 inches
Turning Radius: 10.5 feet
Fuel Capacity: 2.6 gallons
Colors: Black, Red/Black, Black/White
Curb Weight*: 410 pounds
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel–ready to ride.
For highly experienced riders 16 years of age and older.
2009 Honda TRX400X – Canada Specifications
Canadian MSRP $0 CDN
Model not available in Canada