Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2010 Kawasaki Mule 4010 Trans4X4
2010 Kawasaki Mule 4010 Trans4X4
With diesel engines powering most of the vehicles operating on job sites and farms, the Kawasaki Mule™ 4010 4×4 Diesel utility vehicle is a natural fit. This muscular workhorse is a proven performer with its reliable and robust diesel engine, full-size chassis and selectable four-wheel drive. Wrapped in rugged bodywork, the Mule 4010 4×4 Diesel makes the job easier with features like electric power steering (EPS), a fully-automatic transmission, locking rear differential and a tilting cargo bed.
2010 Kawasaki Mule 4010 Trans4X4 Details & Features
At a glance…
– Diesel performance and economy
– Fully automatic transmission with selectable two
– or four-wheel drive
– Electric power steering system (EPS)
– Modern styling and user-friendly dashboard and controls
– Liquid-cooled, three-cylinder diesel engine produces incredible torque: 38.3 lb-ft @ 2,800 rpm coupled with exceptional fuel economy
– Perfect for commercial job sites where diesel fuel is readily available
– Exhaust pipe routing allows easy hydraulic lift kit installation
– Overhead valve design maximizes efficiency
– Cast iron block and head provide extreme durability
Environmentally Friendly Emissions
– Positive crankcase ventilation system sends blow-by gasses to the intake tract to be burned in the engine
– Muffler features a USFS-approved spark arrestor
Cyclone-Type Engine Air Cleaner
– Cyclone design is effective and needs less frequent cleaning even in extremely dusty conditions
– Restriction gauge tells when to change the filter
– Donaldson® air cleaner has a replaceable paper element
Cab Frame Air Intake
– Draws engine air and converter cooling air from the top of the cab frame where there’s less dust, so the air filters last longer
Heavy-Duty Battery and Alternator
– 52 amp-hour battery ensures positive starts while the high-output, 40 amp alternator keeps the battery charged
Kawasaki Automatic Power-Drive System (KAPS)
– Fully automatic continuously variable transmission (CVT) features forward high and low and reverse, and helps keep the engine in the right operating rpm for a variety of vehicle speeds, loads, or terrain
– The CVT has a wide spread of drive ratios for quick acceleration and ample pulling power
– Large drive and driven torque converters maximize engagement area of the thick and strong drive belt for improved heat dissipation and add durability
– High-flow cover helps cool the CVT while providing superb splash protection and water proofing
– Sheaves with high silicon type material for increased durability
Torque Converter Air Filter
– Efficient intake cooling fan draws plenty of air into the CVT
– Special air cleaner with easily replaceable filter element cuts torque converter wear by cooling it with filtered air
– Strong bevel gear set and rear axle for increased durability
– Locked mode for maximum traction, unlocked mode to minimize ground disturbance
Limited-Slip Front Differential – Allows great traction with low steering effort
Four-Wheel Drive with Two-Speed Transfer Case – Selectable four-wheel drive gives the operator traction options
– Shift to four-wheel drive and low range for maximum traction in adverse conditions or select two-wheel drive and high range to cut gear wear and increase fuel economy
Electric Power Steering (EPS)
– The EPS system reduces steering effort, especially at low speeds when turning effort is greatest
– The electric motor’s inertia significantly reduces bump steer and kickback to the steering wheel caused by shocks to the wheels for a more comfortable and controlled ride
– Input from vehicle speed and torque sensors determine the amount of steering assistance required from the system’s motor
– No power steering pump, so there is no power loss from the engine
– EPS only operates when the engine is running to keep from draining the battery
Independent Strut-Type Front Suspension
– MacPherson strut long-travel front suspension provide a comfortable ride and excellent load-carrying capability
DeDion Rear Suspension
– Overload-style leaf springs can handle heavy loads, yet provide a smooth ride when the cargo box is empty
– Semi-independent action
Self-Adjusting, Sealed Hydraulic Drum Brakes – Four wheel drum brakes are self-adjusting and feature extra sealing for protection against mud, dust and debris
Front Hood with Storage Tub
– Large under hood storage tub holds cargo out of site
– Offers quick, easy access with a push-button latch
– Includes four D-rings for securing loads
Tilting Cargo Bed
– Steel tilting cargo bed can carry up to 1,100 pounds
– Thick tailgate panel and secure latching tailgate locking pins reduces vibration and noise, and adds durability
Rugged and Capable
– Bodywork is a rugged, modern design with truck-like styling
– Can tow up to 1,200 lbs with optional Kawasaki draw bar
– Meets Roll Over Protective Structure (ROPS) requirements for wheeled tractors under SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 7.4, and 7.5, and also meets FMVSS 216 roof crush resistance requirement
– Bench seat can carry up to two
– Durable chassis includes winch-ready mounts to simplify winch installation
– Crankcase oil level dipstick under the seat
– Automotive-type, spin-on oil filter
– Coolant, battery electrolyte level sight gauges
– 12V DC outlet with 10 amp capacity
– The 2WD / 4WD lever is mounted on the dash for easy access
– Parking brake and coolant temperature warning lights are easy to see
– Shift lever with Y-gate pattern eliminates need for High-Low switch lever
– Push-button headlight switch activates 35-watt cat-eye headlights
– Hour meter, fuel gauge and a horn are standard equipment
Popular Accessory Items
– Soft or Hard Top
– Enclosed Cab
– Cab Heater
– Snow Plow
2010 Kawasaki Mule 4010 Trans4X4 Technology
Proven 617cc, 4-stroke, 90º V-twin, OHV, liquid-cooled gasoline engine now features dual injector fuel injection. The switch to fuel injection means stable power all the time, smooth response, improved power feeling, easy starting and no need to adjust engine settings to suit climate and varying altitude conditions.
Fuel pump located in the fuel tank features a built-in fuel pressure regulator. (This system is similar to that used on motorcycles and on Kawasaki’s fuel-injected ATVs.)
To ensure smooth engine response, the engine features dual throttle valves. The throttle body contains a Ã¸34mm upstream (sub-) throttle valve and a Ã¸30 mm downstream(main) throttle valve. The sub-throttle valve is operated by the driver viathe accelerator pedal; the main valve is operated by a step-motoractuator which is controlled by the ECU. The ECU uses throttle position input from the sub-valve to determine the ideal throttle position forthe main valve, ensuring smooth inlet airflow.
To keep the fuel injection system simple and reliable, rather than use an atmospheric pressure sensor, the ECU calculates atmospheric pressure using thepulse air pressure measured by the inlet pressure sensor.
The ECU compensates for air and engine temperature and atmospheric pressure, ensuring sure and prompt engine starts in a variety ofconditions (including cold, high altitude, etc). Auto fast idle when the engine is cold means being able to move out right after a cold engine start.
The ECU also enforces the vehicle’s maximum speed. In Hi-gear, the throttle is slowly closed as max vehicle speed is approached. In Low-gear, the throttle is closed partially before fuel is cut at the engine speed where the max vehicle speed would be exceeded.
Kawasaki Diagnostic System (KDS) can be used to diagnose the fuel injection system.
Compact and lightweight, durable and powerful, the engine is mounted in a rubber-isolated sub-frame to ensure low vibration levels.
Overhead valves designed for efficient running and good fuel economy are durable and operate quietly.
Crankcase breathers fitted to route blow-by back to the intake pipe for cleaner exhaust emissions.
Liquid-cooled engine ensures optimum operating temperatures, either while working hard or idling for extended periods. Ideal for stop-go applications, with low fuel costs and efficient cooling negating the need to constantly turn off and restart the engine.
Large diameter cooling hoses and pipes are used for low resistance in the coolant
A cyclone-airflow-type air cleaner draws air from one of two snorkel intakes in the tubing of the overhead frame to provide the engine with a steady supply of clean air, even in dusty operating conditions. The second intake supplies cooling air to the CVT.
Belt-driven automatic transmission with a Hi-Lo dual-range transfercase and selectable 4WD with manually operated differential lock forhigh versatility.
Lightweight CVT System features a cover with a trim seal for water and mud resistance.
A belt-deflection adjuster reduces maintenance and a double-cogged belt reduces flex wear.
Belt converter case is well sealed to prevent entry of dust and water.
CVTair cleaner with easily replaceable filter element reduces CVT wear bycooling it with filtered air taken in through the overhead frame (asper the engine intake).
All the MULE 4000 Series models are adorned with a new, no-nonsensebig-truck styling package. The serious work image is emphasized by thesquared-off, wide design, oversize bumpers and fenders, and a greaterwheel-fender clearance. Steel diamond-plate flooring and steel cargobeds contribute to the tough image.
Sealed under-bonnet front storage (now similar to that on the KAF400A)is easily accessible using the hood-release lever on the dash. The front storage capacity is 60 liters.
Practical cab layout puts all controls within reach.
Dual sealed glove boxes (located on the left and right side of the dashboard) provide additional storage for small items.
Driver and passenger-side cup holders are located on either side of the bonnet.
Round 35W headlights throw plenty of light when the job goes past sundown.
Kawasaki’s high-grade electric power steering (EPS) system works best when you need it most: at extremely slow speeds and when stopped.
Turning the wheel causes a signal to be sent to the EPS ECU, initiating assistance. The ECU uses input from a vehicle speed sensor and torque sensor to determine the amount of steering assistance required from the system’s electric motor.
At slow speeds or when stopped, assistance is greatest; assistance is reduced as vehicle speed increases to ensure stable handling.
The EPS system also enhances ride comfort and control by acting as a damping system. The inertia of the electric motor significantly reduces bump steer and kickback to the steering wheel caused by shocks to the wheels.
Because the EPS system does not rely on power steering fluid pumped by the engine, there is no engine power loss. Fuel efficiency is also uncompromised.
Ladder-type tubular steel frame features reinforced gussetting and shock mounting brackets for high load capacity and great durability.
Ackerman rack-and-pinion steering provides precise, easy handling, and a tight turning radius while reducing tire wear.
Limited-slip front differential allows great traction with low steering effort.
Dual-mode rear differential provides maximum traction when in locked mode and minimizes ground disturbance when unlocked.
Cargo bed features a two-lever tailgate release system for easy opening and closing.
Large plastic fuel tank gives the fuel-efficient 4000 Series MULEs a great operating range.
All Mule models are approved for Roll Over Protection System (ROPS). The construction meets ROPS requirements for wheeled tractors under SAEJ1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 7.4 and 7.5. The structure also meets the FMVSS216 Roof Crush resistance requirement.
Front and rear brake drum seals are triple-ribbed for water and mud resistance.
Rear wheel incorporates a sealed double-bearing unit for durability and water and mud resistance.
Beefy 23″ tires provide great off-road traction, ensure ample ground clearance and complement the rugged styling.
Front suspension selected to prevent bottoming-out under full load without sacrificing ride comfort.
De Dion overload-style rear suspension allows good unladen ride, yet is rugged and durable under maximum loads.
Independent MacPherson strut-type suspension allows each wheel to track over unevenground for maximum traction with light steering effort.
Authentic Kawasaki Accessories
Seethe current applicable Kawasaki accessory catalog or www.kawasaki.cafor all of the latest Authentic Kawasaki Accessories available for this model.
Dark Royal Red
2010 Kawasaki Mule 4010 Trans4X4 – USA Specifications
US MSRP* $10,999 USD
Engine Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, three-cylinder, overhead valve diesel
Bore x Stroke 72 x 78mm
Compression ratio 24.8:1
Air filter Snorkel-type with cyclone-type two-stage dry replaceable element
Oil filter Automotive-type spin-on canister
Ignition Compression with glow plugs for starting
Electrical 12V DC, 52 amp-hour battery, 40 amp alternator
Transmission Kawasaki Automatic Power-Drive System (KAPS), with reverse, dual range, 2WD/4WD
Final drive Shaft, selectable four-wheel drive with dual-mode rear differential
Exhaust Muffler with USFS-approved spark arrestor
Tires 23×11-10 tubeless
Front suspension / wheel travel Independent, MacPherson strut / 3.9 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel Semi-independent, De Dion axle with leaf springs and shocks / 2.8 in.
Steering Electric power steering assisted rack-and-pinion
Brakes Four-wheel hydraulic drums, sealed
Fuel capacity 6.4 gal.
Curb weight 1,598 lbs.
Overall length 118.3 in.
Overall width 62.0 in.
Overall height 75.8 in.
Wheelbase 73.6 in.
Ground clearance 6.9 in.
Roll over protective structure (ROPS) This structure meets ROPS requirements for wheeled tractors under SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, and 7.5. This structure also meets FMVSS 216 Roof Crush resistance requirement
Cargo bed dimensions (LxWxH) 46.3 x 51.6 x 11.3 in. / 15.6 cu. ft.
Load capacity 1,632 lbs.
Cargo Bed Capacity 1,100 lbs.
Towing capacity 1,200 lbs.
Turning radius 11.2 ft.
Top speed 25 mph, governed
Instruments Parking brake warning light, coolant temperature warning light, horn, 12V DC outlet, (2) 5/21-watt taillight/brake light, (2) 35-watt sealed-beam headlight, speedometer
Color Choices Woodsman Green or Dark Royal Red
Warranty 12 Months
Good Times™ Protection Plan 12 or 24 months
*Note: Specifications and pricing are subject to change.
2010 Kawasaki Mule 4010 Trans4X4 – Canada Specifications
Canadian MSRP* $13,449 ($13,649 – Super Black) CDN
Type 4-Stroke, Fuel Injected V-Twin, Liquid-Cooled, OHV
Displacement 617 cc
Bore and Stroke 76 x 68 mm
Compression Ratio 10.3:1
Lubrication Forced Lubrication, Wet Sump
Transmission Automatic, Forward (Hi/Lo) and Reverse
Primary Drive Belt Converter
Final Drive Gear (Selectable 2WD/4WD), Dual-Mode Differential
Primary Reduction Ratio 3.9~0.85 (Belt Converter)
Final Reduction Ratio 5.4 (81/15)
Type Ladder Type, Tubular Steel
Front Suspension Independent, MacPherson strut
Rear Suspension DeDion Axle, Leaf Springs, Shocks
Front Wheel Travel 100 mm
Rear Wheel Travel 70 mm
Front Tire 23 x 11.00-10 T/L
Rear Tire 23 x 11.00-10 T/L
Front Dual Hydraulic Drums
Rear Dual Hydraulic Drums
Parking Mechanical Drum
Overall Length 3, 305 mm
Overall Width 1, 486 mm
Overall Height 1, 925 mm
Wheelbase 2, 165 mm
Ground Clearance 180 mm
Seat Height 870 mm (front), 885 mm (rear)
Bed Length x Width x Height 2-Passenger Mode 1, 280 x 1, 212 x 287 mm
Bed Length x Width x Height 4-Passenger Mode 770 x 1, 212 x 287 mm
Curb Mass 709 kg
Fuel Capacity 23.5 L
Maximum Power 14.7 kW @ 3, 600 RPM
Maximum Torque 47 Nom @ 2, 500 RPM
Top Speed (Governed) 38 km/h (Governed)
Maximum Turning Radius 3.9 m
Bed Load Capacity 4-Person Mode 182 kg
Bed Load Capacity 2-Person Mode 363 kg
Seating Capacity 2 or 4
Maximum Permissible Load 603 kg
MSRP* $13,449 ($13,649 – Super Black)
Colours Super Black, Dark Royal Red
Warranty 12 months
ADDITIONAL COST OPTIONS
Good Times Protection Plan 12 or 24 months (Kawasaki GTPP coverage begins after the standard limited warranty expires)
* The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price does not include freight, pre-delivery inspection or applicable taxes. The final price is at the discretion of the dealer. Prices and Specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
The specifications mentioned here apply to and have been achieved by production models under standard operating conditions. We intend only to give a fair description of the vehicle and its performance capabilities but these specifications may not apply to every machine supplied for sale. Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. reserves the right to alter specifications without prior notice. Equipment illustrated and specifications may vary to meet individual markets. Available colours may vary by market.