Click photos to enlarge. Our big, clean bike pics make great desktop wallpaper.
2013 Cleveland CycleWerks Heist Review
2013 Cleveland CycleWerks Heist
Tha Heist is a head-turning throwback to the hardtails of the 1940s, a motorbike that connects you to the road and will draw admiring eyes at every pass and stop. Designed and built by hand using the highest quality materials, tha Heist will be your loyal companion for hundreds of thousands of miles.
Success is in the details. Details such as braided stainless steel brake lines. Frames painted in clean rooms giving a bullet proof finish. Dual piston calipers. Oversized rotors. DOT approved tires. 1020 extruded tubing. You’ll love the beautiful high gloss paint and smooth finish.
2013 Cleveland CycleWerks Heist Key Features
• The 250cc engine is a custom “CG” series engine manufactured by LIFAN. It has redesigned intake and exhaust tracks, and counterbalanced internals accompanied by a performance enhancing cam curve.
• The brake lines are bonded braided stainless steel. Controls are high quality, durable, and they look great too. They integrate internal sealed bearings to provide smooth actuation and eliminate vibration.
• The brake rotors are 290mm in the front and 240mm in the back. Stopping power is provided by dual piston calipers, which provide better feel and actuation.
• The wheels use 4mm spokes for a custom look and minimized flexibility, leading to increased traction. The front wheel is 21” and rear wheel is 18”. While the industry standard is 42 and 38 spokes per wheel, our wheels are constructed with 72 spokes on the rear wheel and 62 on the front.
• The front end was designed with more “trail” to enhance stability at higher speeds. This addresses high speed “float” often experienced with lightweight bikes.
• Tha Heist is built with 1020 DOM (Drawn Over Mandrel) extruded tubing to enhance strength and durability. 1020 DOM is used by custom builders of large bikes. Most production motorcycle frames are built with ERT tubing which is less expensive and less rigid.
• The fuel tank and fender are fabricated from heavy gauge steel for durability. This steel is heavier than almost any other OEM bike on the market.
• Small details are revealed in the hand stitched speed stitching on the seat cover.
• Modern production management techniques are revered at the CCW factory. We receive real time feedback from riders and mechanics and integrate their feedback on the production line. We have test bikes running constantly with hundreds of thousands of miles on the odometer.
2013 Cleveland CycleWerks Heist Features and Benefits
ENGINE: The engine is a unique design by one of the world’s largest engine manufacturers, LIFAN. The company was originated by Honda as a supplier of engines and engine parts, building many complete series under license.
The 250cc engine in the HEIST is not an “off the shelf” model. Based ont he “CG” series layout this version is counter balaced and it has redesigned intake and exhaust tracts specifically engineered to easily meet strict EPA/CARB and EEC standards. The counter balanced internals are accompanied by a performance enhancing cam curve and closely machined tolerances.
The criteria of simplicity, weight, longevity, reliability, owner oriented maintenance, and cost called for a conventional overhead valve configuration and actuation. The ignition is the reliable and proven CDI.
Efficient and clean burning, 100 MPG is achievable. When ridden moderately, 65 MPG is a good baseline to expect.
MECHANICAL DETAILS: Brake lines are braided stainless steel and bonded for superior function and longevity. Controls are of high quality, selected for durability and appearance. Forward controls are designed for elegant appearance, and they integrate intermal sealed bearings to provide a smooth actuation and eliminate annoying vibration.
RUNNING GEAR: Dual piston calipers are used on front and rear brake assembiles for better feel and actuation. A 290mm front rotor and 240 rear rotor are used.
Wheels are 21″ front and a 18″ rear. 4mm spoke thickness achieves both a custom look and minimizes flexibility thereby enhancing transfer of load to traction. Wheels are constructed using 72 spokes on the rear and 62 on the front.
HANDLING: The front end was purpsefully designed with more “trail” to enhance stability at higher speeds. The addresses thigh speed “float” often experienced with lightweight bikes. A heavier feel in steering is experienced below 5mph, however, above 5mph steering is neutral and accomplished with ease.
COSMETICS: Small details are revealed in the hand stitched speed stitching on the seat cover. Tha Heist features a three position seat and seat shocks with tunable pre-load. Traditional seat springs are standard. An aftermarket air-suspension for the seat is available to take the “hard” out of the term “hard tail”.
The paint and painting process are painstakingly attended to for high gloss and smooth finish.
ENGINEERING AND QUALITY CONTROL: Modern production management techniques are revered and followed at the CCW factory. Over 18 months of developemnt time were invested to assure a solid and quality built mmachine. The factor receives real time feed back from mechanics and riders through their dealers at Pit Motors Ltd. CCW has test bikes running constantly with three as of (12/10) having over 100,000 miles on them thus far.
2013 Cleveland CycleWerks Heist – North American Specifications/Technical Details
USA MSRP Price: $3,195 USD
Canadian MSRP Price: $3,499 CDN
Engine type Four-stroke single cylinder, counterbalanced
Cooling system Air cooled
Bore Ã— stroke: 67Ã— 65 mm (2.64″ x 2.55″)
Compression ratio: 9.2:1
Ignition system: CDI
Starting Electric with kick backup
Transmission Constant mesh, five-speed
Clutch Wet multi-plate
Front brakes 290 mm (11.45″) hydraulic disc
Rear brakes 240 mm (9.45″) hydraulic disc
Tires & suspension
Tires (front) 90 / 90 – 21″
Tires (rear) 140 / 70 – 18″
Suspension (front) Inverted fork
Suspension (rear) Progressive twin shock with reservoir
Dry weight 125kg (275lbs)
Frame 1020 DOM
Width 760 mm (29.92″)
Height 1035 mm (40.75″)
Wheelbase 1513 mm (59.6″)
Ground clearance 139 mm (5.5″)
Seat height 645 mm (25.4″)
Max capacity 226.8kg (500 lbs)
Fuel capacity 18.3L (4.8g)
Colours Gloss black, white
Specifiations and pricing to change without notice.