Click photos to enlarge. Our big, clean bike pics make great desktop wallpaper.
2014 Honda CB500F Review
2014 Honda CB500F on Totalmotorcycle.com
Mid-Size Sport. Maximum Fun…
The innovative CB500F expands riding enthusiasts’ options with a modern and sporty 471cc sportbike. This image-conscious offering not only carries a full load of attitude, it also delivers a gratifying level of performance and versatility. The CB500F has a classic riding position, a 30.9-inch seat height and plenty of room for a variety of riders. It’s an excellent choice for riders ready to move up a displacement class, or for anyone who appreciates a great middleweight motorcycle.
There’s an aura of independence and nonconformity that riders gain when they sling a leg over a modern naked bike-and that’s especially true when that naked bike is the all-new Honda CB500F. This modern and sporty 471cc naked bike not only carries a full load of attitude and style, it also delivers a gratifying level of performance and versatility. Whether you’re riding on your daily commute, headed for a weekend backroad blast or just hanging out with your riding buddies, the CB500F serves as a great option for just about any kind of street ride. Its slim profile and comfortable riding position lets riders feel right at home in the saddle, and a sophisticated Honda Pro-Link® rear suspension and big 41mm fork add to the comfortable ride and agile handling. For a unique ride that’s stylish, fun and affordable, it’s tough to top the new CB500F.
2014 Honda CB500F Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
•471cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin
•Naked sportbike styling
Parallel Twin-Cylinder Engine
An all-new design, built with a high performance liquid-cooled 471cc DOHC parallel twin engine that offers accessible power and a comfortable ride across all RPM ranges.
Classic Riding Position
Not too laid back, not too aggressive, the CB500F’s riding position, is one of the keys to its versatility. The CB500F offers a comfortable sport riding position that’s maneuverable around town or out on the winding road. The lower seat height also makes it easier to get your feet firmly on the ground when stopped.
Practicality Was Never So Much Fun
Its combination of low seat height, light weight, and rider-friendly engine make the CB500F a great choice for commuting, weekend rides, or just getting out and having fun.
– Comfortable, neutral riding position makes for easy maneuvering and keeps the rider comfortable on short rides or longer trips.
– All-new 471cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin DOHC engine is thoroughly modern in design and produces a broad power spread for enjoyable and economical riding.
– The four-valve cylinder head design incorporates a roller rocker arm for a more compact layout along with reduced friction.
– A shim-type valve adjustment system allows incorporation of a lighter rocker arm setup that, in turn, allows for a lower valve-spring load to further reduce power losses through engine friction.
– Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) continuously monitors several variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture is delivered for the existing riding and atmospheric conditions for crisp throttle response throughout a wide variety of riding conditions.
– Engine counterbalancer and 180-degree crankpin reduce engine vibration for superior rider comfort.
– Preloaded, scissors-type gears for the primary drive and engine counterbalancer gears help reduce engine noise.
– Diamond-shaped 35mm steel tube frame is lightweight and rigid for responsive sport handling.
– Big 41mm front fork with 4.3 inches of travel returns a plush yet controlled ride.
– Sophisticated Pro-Link® single-shock rear suspension offers nine-stage spring preload adjustability and 4.7 inches of controlled travel.
– Lightweight cast aluminum wheels, 120/70-17 in front and 160/60-17 rear, return sporting feel and handling traits.
– Front 320mm wave-style disc brake and 240mm rear provides strong stopping power.
– ABS version available for enhanced braking characteristics in less than ideal conditions.
– Blue-tinted instrument display features speedometer, tachometer, odometer/A&B tripmeters, fuel gauge, clock, real-time and average fuel consumption.
– 30.9-inch seat height helps build rider confidence.
– Standard model available in Black or Pearl White. ABS model available in Black only.
– Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
Honda Genuine Accessories†
Rear Seat Cowl; Rear Trunk; One Key Cylinder (for Rear Trunk and/or Saddlebags); Saddlebags; Saddlebag Panels; Saddlebag Stays; Carbon Fiber-Style Accessories: Front Fender, Headlight Front Cover, Headlight Rear Cover, Meter Cover, Meter Visor, Inner Cowl, Under Cowl; Rear Carrier (see options below)
Rear Carrier Options:
Rear Carrier A (will not accept trunk)
Rear Carrier B (accepts trunk only)
Rear Carrier/Saddlebag Stay Kit (accepts trunk and/or saddlebags)
2014 Honda CB500F Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
DOHC Parallel-Twin-Cylinder Engine
Honda twins are famous for their versatility, and the new CB500F engine is one of our best ever. Using the same piston bore size as our CBR600RR sportbike, the parallel-twin engine offers accessible performance across all RPM ranges.
Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI)
Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) continuously monitors several variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture is delivered for the existing riding and atmospheric conditions for crisp throttle response throughout a wide variety of riding conditions.
A motorcycle’s frame is the basis for its handling. A new take on a classic construction, the CB500F’s diamond-shaped 35mm steel-tube mainframe ties to the engine with four mounts, offering a rock-solid foundation for a superior ride and handling.
Pro-Link Rear Suspension
A sophisticated chassis with Honda Pro-Link? rear suspension, with 9-stage preload and 4.1 inches travel, gives you a comfortable ride over small bumps, while capably absorbing bigger bumps to increase riding comfort and handling.
Less is more when it comes to the new CB500F. Featuring classic, clean, progressive style, the CB500F is a motorcycle that looks great while still providing incredible value and performance.
A full LCD blue-tinted screen features a digital speedometer and tachometer and more, including a clock, odometer, trip meter, real-time and average fuel consumption meters, and illuminated engine diagnostic indicators.
A single 60-watt H4 halogen headlight and multi-facet reflector on the CB500F give the front end a unique look and also project plenty of light on the road for visibility.
Strong and stylish, the CB500F’s cast aluminum wheels are easy to keep clean, look great, and are another CB500F feature that just makes sense.
The new CB500F offers a step seat with a low height. Perfect for around-town riding or out in the canyons, it also offers plenty of room for a passenger, and is specially designed to fit a wide range of riders.
Stainless Steel Exhaust
Beautifully polished stainless steel exhaust is integrated with the rear footpeg set for a clean, functional design. The length and diameter of the exhaust pipe contributes to useable power at all RPM ranges.
Available ABS on the CB500F helps you make smoother, more controlled stops under less-than-ideal conditions.
Rear Passenger Grips
Sturdy rear passenger grips offer a firm handhold for your passenger or tie-down points for smaller items.
2014 Honda CB500F – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $5,499 USD
Engine Type: 471cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin
Bore and Stroke: 67.0mm x 66.8mm
Compression ratio: 10.7:1
Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
Induction: PGM-FI with 34mm throttle bodies
Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain
Front: 41mm fork; 4.3 inches travel
Rear: Pro-Link single shock with nine-position spring preload adjustability; 4.7 inches travel
Front: Twin-piston caliper with single 320mm wave disc
Rear: Single-piston caliper 240mm wave disc
Optional Honda ABS
Wheelbase: 55.5 inches
Rake (Caster Angle): 25° 5′
Trail: 103mm (4.05 inches)
Seat Height: 30.9 inches
Fuel Capacity: 4.1 gallons including 0.7-gallon reserve
Estimated Fuel Economy**: 71 MPG
CB500F: Black, Pearl White
Curb Weight*: 420 pounds (CB500F)
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel-ready to ride.
**Miles per gallon values are calculated estimates of fuel consumed during laboratory exhaust emissions tests specified by the EPA, not during on-road riding. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride and maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, cargo and accessories, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
Meets current EPA standards.
Models sold in California meet current CARB standardsand may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
2014 Honda CB500F – Totalmotorcycle.com Canada Specifications/Technical Details
Canadian MSRP Price: NA CDN
See 2014 Honda CB500FA
2014 Honda CB500F – Totalmotorcycle.com UK/European Specifications/Technical Details
European MSRP Price: £NA GBP
See 2014 Honda CB500FA
Specifications, features and prices to change by manufacturer without notice. All information correct as of posted date.