Click photos to enlarge. Our big, clean bike pics make great desktop wallpaper.
2014 Yamaha Zuma 125 Review
2014 Yamaha Zuma 125
The Zuma 125 gets you where you need to go efficiently and with attitude. The 2014 Yamaha Zuma 125 scooter is the ultimate modern convenience with fuel injection, a smooth running and quiet 4-stroke engine that pumps out plenty of power to get you around town… or wherever you might need to go.
2014 Yamaha Zuma 125 Total Motorcycle Key Features
• That tough off-road look isn’t just for looks: the strong steel frame; fat, aggressive tires; oiled-type air filters; beefy shocks front and rear and off-road style brush deflectors make this scooter at home on unpaved roads while delivering all the attitude you could want for the street.
• 125cc 4-stroke engine with 4 valves, a 10:1 compression ratio, ceramic-composite cylinder plating, and electronic fuel injection gives this Zuma excellent performance.
• Fully automatic C.V. transmission and pushbutton electric starting make the Zuma super-convenient transportation. Both center and side stands, along with a locking cover on the ignition switch, make it convenient to park, too.
• There’s room for two atop this Zuma’s seat, and lots of locking storage beneath it.
• The Zuma 125 achieves fuel economy up to an estimated 89 mpg** with a fuel tank that holds 1.6 gallons of gas.
2014 Yamaha Zuma 125 Total Motorcycle Features and Benefits
• Zuma’s fuel-injected, 125cc single cylinder, 4-stroke engine pumps out lots of power for its size, using an SOHC 4-valve head with 10:1 compression ratio and ceramic-composite cylinder plating.
• Pushbutton electric starting makes the Zuma 125 super-convenient for transportation.
• For reliability and easy maintenance, simple wet-sump lubrication is used.
• Forced air cooling system helps keep engine temperatures under control, even while idling at stoplights, for maximum efficiency and longer engine life.
• Fully automatic, V-belt transmission with centrifugal clutch provides easy, twist-the-throttle-and-go operation with great off-the-line acceleration.
• Fuel injection provides the optimal fuel mixture for the operating condition, including temperature and altitude, and that means easy cold starts, too.
• Oiled-paper type air filter helps trap dirt before it gets to your engine, even when riding on unpaved roads. The V-belt housing has its own off-road-style wet-foam air filter for durability.
• Upswept muffler incorporates exhaust catalyst technology to reduce air pollution and meet emission regulations.
• Hefty steel-tube frame has a step-through design for easy mounting. A two-stage electrodeposition and electrostatic painting process provides a durable, corrosion-resistant finish.
• Telescopic fork features beefy outer tubes for strength, while slider shrouds help protect the 27mm inner tubes from debris.
• Swingarm has double rear shocks for riding comfort on the street and unpaved roads, too.
• Fuel tank holds 1.6 gallons for plenty of cruising range. Fuel tank emission system includes a charcoal canister to control gasoline evaporation and reduce air pollution.
• Fat 120/70-12 front and 130/70-12 rear tires have an aggressive looking block pattern for great handling on unpaved roads and on the street. Tires run on lightweight five-spoke die-cast aluminum wheels.
• 220mm hydraulic front disc and rear drum brakes combine for serious stopping power.
• Zuma provides both a centerstand and side stand for parking convenience.
• Two bright halogen headlights light the way—following current sportbike practice, the left side provides the 55W low beam while the right side is the 60W high beam.
• For extra security when parked, the main switch is equipped with a key hole lock cover.
• The underseat storage compartment’s cavernous 5.2-gallon capacity is roomy enough for a full-face helmet.
• The Zuma 125’s easy-to-read analog speedometer is flanked by a fuel gauge and indicator lights.
2014 Yamaha Zuma 125 – Total Motorcycle USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $3,390 (Matte Titan) Available from August 2013; $3,390 (Burnt Orange Metallic) Available from August 2013
Type 125cc forced air-cooled 4-stroke single; SOHC, 4-valve
Bore x Stroke 52.4 x 57.9 mm
Compression Ratio 10:1
Fuel Delivery Electronic Fuel Injection
Clutch Type Dry centrifugal automatic clutch
Transmission V-belt automatic
Suspension / Front 27mm telescopic forks
Suspension / Rear Dual shock
Brakes / Front 220mm disc
Brakes / Rear Drum
Tires / Front 120/70-12 51L
Tires / Rear 130/70-12 56L
Length 75.2 in
Width 30.1 in
Height 43.8 in
Seat Height 30.7 in
Wheelbase 50.8 in
Ground Clearance 3.7 in
Fuel Capacity 1.6 gal
Fuel Economy** 89 MPG
Wet Weight*** 269 lb
Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
2014 Yamaha Zuma 125 – Total Motorcycle Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
Canada MSRP Price: See dealer for pricing in CDN
Model not available.
2014 Yamaha Zuma 125 – Total Motorcycle UK/Europe Specifications/Technical Details
UK/European MSRP Price: £NA.
Details to follow shortly.
2014 Yamaha Zuma 125 – Total Motorcycle Australian Specifications/Technical Details
AU MSRP Price: See dealer for pricing AUD
Details to follow shortly.
Specifications, features and prices to change by manufacturer without notice. All information correct as of posted date.