Click photos to enlarge. Our big, clean bike pics make great desktop wallpaper.
2015 Yamaha Road Star Silverado S Review
2015 Yamaha Road Star Silverado S on www.Totalmotorcycle.com
The Road Star Silverado S comes loaded with special features, including hard saddlebags, windshield, passenger backrest, tons of chrome and passing lamps. With its authentic 102 cubic inch, air-cooled V-Twin with fuel injection, this American styled classic is sure to turn heads as you rumble past.
2015 Yamaha Road Star Silverado S www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
1,670cc, air-cooled, long-stroke, OHV, 8-valve, 48° V-twin powerplant pumps out lots of low-rpm torque. Max torque occurs at 2,500 rpm
“Police-style” windshield offers great wind and weather protection while proudly displaying the Silverado insignia. This windshield offers two positions of height adjustability, and for those riders who prefer a “convertible”, the windshield can be quickly removed.
Colour-matched, hard saddlebags with chrome accents offer 35 litres of storage space per bag. The bags are lockable and fitted with handy, one-touch latches.
2015 Yamaha Road Star Silverado S www.Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
• 1,670cc (102 cubic inch), air-cooled, long-stroke, OHV, 8-valves, 48° V-twin powerplant pumps out lots of low-rpm torque. Max torque occurs at 2,500 rpm.
• 4 valves per cylinder provide optimum breathing efficiency while 2 spark plugs per cylinder ensure complete combustion for maximum power output.
• Hydraulic valve lifters driven by twin crankcase-mounted camshafts deliver exceptional torquey performance and reduce maintenance needs.
• Twin crankcase-mounted camshafts activate the valves via hydraulic valve lifters and pushrods.
• Traditional pushrod valve actuation keeps overall engine height down for a lower centre of gravity. Pushrod tubes are chromed, adding to the beauty of this high tech, yet traditional, engine.
• Large-diameter, forged pistons offer great durability and lighter weight for fast engine response.
• Large bore ceramic composite-plated cylinders provide uniform heat dissipation, reduce weight and reduce friction.
• Cooling fin thickness is optimized for maximum heat dissipation, thereby eliminating the need for liquid cooling, maintaining that traditional clean, air-cooled engine appearance.
• Electronic fuel injection with TPS features a single 40mm throttle body with dual injectors (one for each cylinder). The throttle position sensor is linked to the ECU and supplies info about throttle opening so the ECU can adjust ignition timing for optimum engine performance at all rpms.
• High-capacity easy access air intake system with paper type air filter provides maximum breathing for optimum performance.
• Smooth-shifting, 5-speed transmission with 5th gear overdrive delivers outstanding cruising performance and reduced rpms at highway speeds.
• Clean, quiet belt drive system is extremely low- maintenance and simplifies customization. Special narrow design drive belt and sprockets (front and rear) provide lightweight performance and exceptional durability.
• Dry sump lubrication system with handy, spin-on type oil filter, creates a lower centre of gravity by helping reduce overall engine height. The oil tank is located under the seat.
• Large-flywheel crankshaft delivers superior, low-rpm torque and that special V-twin “pulse” feel.
• 2-piece heel-and-toe shifter adds versatility and enhances the overall cruising experience. The 2-piece design allows the rider to individually adjust front and rear portions to suit foot size or remove the rear section if not desired.
• Electric starting system features solenoid-activated auto-decompressor for easy, no-hassle starting.
• Maintenance-free transistor controlled ignition (T.C.I.) provides a hot spark for sure starts and strong engine performance.
• 2-into-2 exhaust system features beefy, staggered, dual shotgun pipes that produce a soulful V-twin exhaust tune. Muffler replacement is fast and simple, if desired.
• Lots of high-quality chrome engine covers
• Air Induction System (A.I.S.) reduces exhaust emissions (CO + HC).
• Solid-mounted engine housed in a specially designed gusset-less, double-cradle steel frame
• Long 1,685mm (66.3″) wheelbase creates a long and low retro profile, great rider comfort and solid, stable handling.
• Spacious ergonomics provide ample legroom, which maximizes rider comfort.
• 43mm front fork provides 140mm (5.5″) of wheel travel to smooth out the ride. The large-diameter upper fork shrouds, lower fork legs, upper triple clamp and handlebar clamp are accented with a brilliant chrome finish.
• Spring preload-adjustable, single-shock, rear link suspension lowers centre of gravity for better handling and a plush ride. Rear wheel travel is 110mm (4.3″).
• Rear shock is horizontally mounted under the engine and tucked out of sight, providing that classic, hardtail look, while also maintaining a low centre of gravity.
• Dual 298mm front disc brakes feature ultra rigid, monoblock, 4-piston calipers with chrome “buttons” accenting the outer piston covers.
• 320mm rear disc brake with 4-piston caliper provides excellent stopping power and feel.
• “Police-style” windshield offers great wind and weather protection while proudly displaying the Silverado insignia. This windshield offers two positions of height adjustability, and for those riders who prefer a “convertible”, the windshield can be quickly removed.
• Separate rider and passenger seats offers great comfort and support.
• Passenger backrest provides that extra peace of mind.
• Colour-matched, hard saddlebags with chrome accents offer 35 litres of storage space per bag. The bags are lockable and fitted with handy, one-touch latches.
• Full-size, floating-type rider floorboards with rubber insertsare roomy and comfortably positioned while also helping to reduce vibration.
• Passenger floorboards provide roomy comfort and reduce vibration.
• Deeply valanced steel fenders combine timeless styling with rugged durability and easy customization.
• Nine-spoke, cast aluminum wheels not only reduce weight and maintenance (no spokes to tighten or clean), but they also add a sportier styling image to the Road Star Silverado S.
• 18 litre fuel tank provides an exceptional cruising range. The FI electric fuel pump is located inside the tank. Fuel tank seam is hidden for that clean, custom look.
• Wide, swept-back, 1″ diameter handlebars minimize vibration on the rider’s hands thanks to being rubber mounted. The one-piece handlebar clamp is beautifully chrome-plated.
• Beautiful braided-look steel throttle and clutch cables enhance that the Silverado’s stylish custom look and image.
• Tank-mounted speedometer features a stylish design with raised 3-D marks to highlight the speed graduations. Instrumentation includes odometer, dual tripmeters, clock and a fuel gauge plus a range of indicator lights.
• Eye-catching, diamond-shaped, LED rear taillight with white lens looks like it is straight off a fully customized machine. The LED design not only provides a bright light, but also uses less power.
• Rear turn signal mounting bracket is beautifully chromed and features a built-in license plate light.
• Value added passing lamps not only enhance styling, but also provide additional illumination.
• Industry-leading Star family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents creating a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
• Chromed, extra wide front brake and clutch levers provide a quality feel.
• Chrome handlebar switches and master cylinder
• Stylish 3-D, fuel tank-mounted Road Star logo
• Seat and steering locks are integrated into the main ignition switch for extra convenience.
• Handy, dual under seat helmet holders
• Powerful, 12V 60/55-watt, halogen headlight
• Low-maintenance, sealed battery
• Self-canceling turn signals with stylish clear lenses
2015 Yamaha Road Star Silverado S – www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $NA
Model Not Available
2015 Yamaha Road Star Silverado S – www.Totalmotorcycle.com Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
Canada MSRP Price: $15,499 CDN
Air-cooled, OHV, 8-valves (4-valves/cyl), 48°, V-twin
1,670 cc (102 cubic inch)
BORE AND STROKE
97 x 113 mm
13.9kg-m (100.5ft-lbs.) @2,500rpm
40 mm throttle body FI
ESTIMATED FUEL CONSUMPTION±
15kpl / 43mpg (Imp.)
IGNITION / STARTING
TCI / Electric
43 mm fork
Adjustable link Monocross
Dual 298 mm discs / 4-piston calipers
320 mm disc / 4-piston caliper
/// CRITICAL DATA
2,500 mm (98.4″)
980 mm (38.6″)
1,500 mm (59.1″)
1,688 mm (66.5″)
RAKE / TRAIL
32° / 142 mm (5.6″)
710 mm (28″)
18 litres (4 imp. gal.)
351kg (774 lb)
Dark Metallic Bluish Gray
Specifications, appearance, and price of product are subject to change without notice.
* MSRP does not include freight, PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection), pre-rigging (boats), or taxes. Dealer may sell for less. See your local dealer for out the door pricing.
± Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha and converted into Canadian measurements. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road condition, how you ride, maintain your vehicle, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).