Click photos to enlarge. Our big, clean bike pics make great desktop wallpaper.
2016 Yamaha TT-R125L Review
2016 Yamaha TT-R125L on www.Totalmotorcycle.com
A blast to ride…
The TT-R125L is well suited for a wide variety of off road enthusiasts, from brand new riders, to riders looking to move up from smaller machines. Regardless of age or gender, the easy to use “mid size” TT-R125L is a blast to ride.
Potent, air-cooled, 124cc, SOHC, 2-valve, 4-stroke powerplant produces broad, torquey power tuned for maximum, novice friendly off-road performance.
Rugged, diamond-type, steel frame features longer wheelbase and higher seat height to accommodate larger riders while still maintaining quick, agile, off-road handling.
2016 Yamaha TT-R125L www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
Handlebar-mounted, key-operated ignition switch prevents unwanted joy rides.
• Convenient handlebar-mounted choke
• Folding foot pegs, folding shift lever & folding brake pedal tip resist during a tip-over
• Convenient lift holes in right side cover makes lifting the bike easier
• Brake and clutch lever rubber covers help reduce dirt & mud build-up
• E10 (10% ethanol fuel) compatible fuel system components
IMPORTANT NOTE: Adult supervision and proper protective riding gear, including a helmet & eye protection are a must when a youngster is operating a TT-R125L.
2016 Yamaha TT-R125L www.Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
• Potent, air-cooled, 124cc, SOHC, 2 valve, 4-stroke power plant produces broad, torquey power tuned for maximum, novice-friendly off-road performance… perfect for a wide range of trail conditions.
• Manual kick start (see TT-R125LE if interested in electric starting).
• Proven, 2-valve cylinder head design.
– easy to adjust traditional rocker arms
– 150 hour valve adjustment intervals
• Automatic cam chain tensioner & silent design cam chain.
– reduces maintenance time, tune up costs & reduces mechanical engine noise
• Engine counter balancer.
– reduces vibration for maximum rider comfort
• Easy access, side mounted engine oil drain plug for fast, easy oil changes.
• Mikuni VM20 carburetor.
– crisp throttle response combined with good fuel economy
– “Electroless” nickel plated valve seat & nickel silver needle valve assembly, counter act the negative effects of E10 (10% ethanol) fuels
• Easy-access, tools free, washable foam air filter reduces costs.
• Smooth-shifting, 5-speed transmission with manual clutch.
– optimized gear ratios for maximum versatility & usable power delivery
• Lightweight, upswept exhaust system with stylish aluminum end cap.
– quiet operation will keep neighbors happy
– cleanable screen type spark arrestor
– heat shields protect rider from hot components
• Rugged, plastic engine skid plate helps to protect against rocks and logs.
• CD (capacitor discharge) ignition system.
– maintenance free, delivers a strong spark for fast starts & solid engine performance at all rpms
• Side stand lock out switch prevents the unit from being ridden if the side stand is down.
• Rugged, diamond-type, steel frame features a 1,270mm (50″) wheelbase.
– quick, agile, off-road handling
– super durable design
• Lightweight, aluminum, box-section swingarm.
– excellent rear wheel control & traction
– easy-to-use, eccentric-type chain adjusters
• 31 mm Showa front fork with 180 mm (7.1″) of wheel travel.
– fork features slightly softer settings than the TT-R125LE
– rubber fork boots (gaiters) help protect tubes & seals from damage
• Adjustable Monocross, link type single shock rear suspension offers 168 mm (6.6″) of wheel travel.
– spring preload adjustability to suit rider weight
• Front 220 mm disc with twin piston caliper delivers strong, confidence-inspiring stopping power.
• Rear drum brake with easy-to-use, wing nut adjuster.
• 295 mm (11.6″) of ground clearance.
– serious ground clear to tackle the tough terrain
– makes it easier to hop over small logs or other obstacles
• 6 litre plastic resin fuel tank.
– lots of fun between fill ups
– on/off/reserve fuel petcock for peace of mind
– tank features “fluorination surface treatment” to reduce fuel permeation for improved environmental protection
• Mid-size, 19″ front & 16″ rear wheels.
– mid-size wheel size reduces seat height for increased rider confidence
– knobby tires offer superb grip in the dirt.
• YZ-F inspired body work.
– “slim design” bodywork allows for fast, easy rider mobility
– styling is right from our championship winning YZs
– YZ style “faux” rad shrouds
• Flat YZ-style seat.
– features non-slip, non-clogging seat cover just like our bigger YZs
– flat design allows easy rider mobility
• Low 805 mm (31.7″) seat height.
– helps inspire rider confidence
• Serrated, folding foot pegs provide excellent grip even in wet or muddy conditions
• Motocross style handlebar utilizes a crossbar for added strength.
2016 Yamaha TT-R125L – www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $NA
See 2016 Yamaha TT-R125LE
** Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha.
Your actual mileage will vary depending on road conditions, how you ride and maintain your vehicle,
accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
*** Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as
applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is
useful in making real-world comparisons with other models.
2016 Yamaha TT-R125L – www.Totalmotorcycle.com Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
Canada MSRP Price: $3099 CDN
4-stroke, air-cooled, SOHC, 2-valve, single
BORE AND STROKE
54 x 54mm
1kg-m (7.3 ft-lb)@ 6,500 rpm
IGNITION / STARTING
CDI / Kick
5-speed w/manual clutch
31mm fork / 180mm (7.1″) wheel travel
Adjustable link-type Monocross / 168mm (6.6″) wheel travel
220mm disc / twin piston caliper
/// CRITICAL DATA
6 litres (1.3 imp. gallons)
84kg (185 lb)
Specifications, appearance, and price of product are subject to change without notice.
* MSRP does not include freight, PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection), pre-rigging (boats), or taxes. Dealer may sell for less. See your local dealer for out the door pricing.
± Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha and converted into Canadian measurements. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road condition, how you ride, maintain your vehicle, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
2016 Yamaha TT-R125L – www.Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
Europe/UK MSRP Price: See Dealer for pricing in GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Model Not Available in Europe
*Starting at MSRP is the manufactured suggested price and excludes delivery, setup, tax, title, license, and additional fees and expenses. Bikes may be shown with optional accessories. Final sale price determined by an authorized dealer. Specifications and MSRP are subject to change.
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).