2017 Yamaha V-Star 1300 Deluxe Review
2017 Yamaha V-Star 1300 Deluxe on www.Totalmotorcycle.com
ALL DRESSED UP WITH EVERYWHERE TO GO…
Fully-loaded, 80 cu in V-twin, fork mounted fairing with integrated dash & audio system, locking hard bags, iPod®/iPhone® compatible, Bluetooth® & much more.
The V-Star 1300 Deluxe SE is a casual full dress touring machine brimming with features. From the Garmin Zumo GPS system to its iPod ready audio system, the Deluxe SE offers all day riding comfort with plenty of storage. The V-Star 1300 Deluxe SE delivers exception performance and value, making it the ideal choice for riders looking for high end appearance and great features in a midsize tourer. The V-Star 1300 Deluxe SE, truly in a class of its own.
1304cc, (80 cubic inch) liquid-cooled, short stroke, SOHC, 8-valve, 60° V-twin powerplant pumps out excellent power and torque for unparalleled acceleration and cruising performance. At 110 km/hr the engine is only turning 3,400 rpm, for relaxed highway cruising.
Beautifully styled 28.5 litre, colour matched, hard locking saddlebags offer plenty of convenient storage.
The V-Star 1300 Deluxe SE is equipped with a Garmin Zumo 665 GPS / navigation system. The Garmin Zumo series are specifically designed for motorcycle use and feature a rugged, waterproof design. Also, the iPod / iPhone ready audio system features dual fairing mounted speakers and convenient handlebar mounted audio controller. Just plug in your iPod / iPhone into the special connector in the saddlebag and sit back, relax and enjoy your favorite tunes.
Note: The Yamaha V-Star 1300 Deluxe is called the Yamaha V-Star 1300 Deluxe SE in Canada.
2017 Yamaha V-Star 1300 Deluxe www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
•Full Coverage Fairing
With its stylish full coverage fairing, low profile light smoke windshield, color matched sidebags and blacked out components, the 2016 V Star 1300 Deluxe has an aggressive stance and a great look that’s sure to turn heads whether riding down the highway or parked at your favorite local event.
•Exceptional Features, Exceptional Value
The V Star 1300 Deluxe delivers exceptional value in the casual full-dress category, at a surprisingly low MSRP, making it the ideal choice for the midsize cruiser rider wanting high-end appearance and features.
•Protective Fairing System
The fork-mounted fairing offers riders great weather protection, dynamic style, and houses high performance neodymium dual speakers that provide outstanding sound when cruising down the road.
•Tunes for the Road
A fully integrated dash and audio system with iPod®/iPhone® compatibility. Riders can control their music on a control pod located on the left handlebar.
•Navigation Comes Standard
The V Star 1300 Deluxe is equipped with a rugged, waterproof Garmin® zumo® 665 GPS. Features include motorcycle-friendly navigation, including weather and traffic conditions (if subscribed to monthly service), lane assist, and 3D building view. XM® satellite radio (with subscription) and Bluetooth® wireless functionality.
•Factory Hard Luggage
Color-matched, lockable hard side bags have spacious room for long trips or commuting, and each has 7.6 gallons of volume
•Classic Cruiser Styling
Real steel fenders make V Star 1300 Deluxe ideal for customization.
•Ready to Customize
The Star® Accessories Catalog is packed full of high-quality parts that invite Star owners to fully express their individuality.
2017 Yamaha V-Star 1300 Deluxe www.Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
• Blacked out, 1304cc (80 cubic inch), liquid-cooled, short stroke, SOHC, 4-valve per cylinder, fuel injected, 60° V-twin power plant pumps out impressive power & torque. An uneven firing interval, bore & stroke dimensions, special ignition & injection mapping all contribute to excellent torque output and that classic V-twin pulse feeling. At 110 km/hr. the engine is only turning 3,400 rpm, for
•Liquid-cooled engine design.
•allows for higher state of tune because of more stable operating temperatures
•reduces mechanical noise for a quieter engine
•rad is mounted between the front down tubes to minimize its appearance
•rad hoses have been discreetly placed for a cleaner appearance
•electric fan aids in cooling during hot weather or in stop & go traffic
• Classic air-cooled engine appearance.
•cooling fins have been added to give the V-Star 1300 Deluxe SE that traditional air cooled look
•cylinders have a tapered “V” appearance to highlight the V-twin engine style
• Short stroke engine design.
•reduces the “height” of the engine for a lower centre of gravity for easy & light handling
•60 degree “V” keeps the engine more compact & also centralizes mass
•short stroke design offers excellent power at slightly higher rpms than a traditional air cooled long stroke V-Twin
• SOHC, pent-roof, 4-valve cylinder heads.
•4-valve design optimizes breathing efficiency & overall engine performance at all rpms
•36 mm intake & 32 mm exhaust valves use friction reducing single valve springs
•stylish chromed cylinder head covers
•compact pent roof combustion chamber & optimized squish area forces the fuel / air mixture toward the centre of the combustion chamber for more complete combustion & excellent power with reduced emissions
•25,000 km valve adjustment intervals
• Specially designed roller rockers activate the valves.
•roller rocker arms allows a greater amount of valve lift without causing excessive camshaft wear & friction
•slipper portion of the rocker arm utilizes a needle bearing for reduced wear & reduced sliding resistance (friction)
• Automatic cam chain tensioners reduce mechanical noise and simplify maintenance.
• Ceramic composite-plated cylinder bores.
•excellent heat dissipation for consistent power delivery
•ceramic coating enhances the thin film of oil between the cylinder & piston, reducing friction & increasing power
•extended cylinder service life
• High performance forged aluminum pistons.
•less reciprocating mass for fast engine response
•reduced mechanical vibration
•special piston cooler jet nozzles spray oil at the underside of the pistons & rods for excellent durability
• Single pin style crankshaft with uneven firing order
•design accentuates V-twin engine character, pulse feel & sound
• Crankcase design features internal oil & coolant lines for a clean, air-cooled engine appearance.
• Dual engine counter balancers reduce vibration to a minimum while maximizing rider comfort.
• Easy access, spin on type oil filter & drain plug for easy oil changes.
• Classic side mounted air box houses an easy access, a high-flow viscous paper-type filter.
• “Closed loop” Mikuni dual bore, 40mm throttle body fuel injection system.
•system uses throttle position sensor (TPS) to help optimize intake air flow & power
•ISC or idle speed controller ensures a steady idle
•12 hole injectors optimize fuel atomization
•Injector dual spray pattern for more complete combustion chamber filling
• “closed loop system” uses dual oxygen sensors to “sniff” spent exhaust & automatically adjust the fuel / air ratio for reduced emissions
•oxygen sensor is located before the mufflers, so the use of aftermarket “slip-on” mufflers will not affect the closed loop system
•fuel injection benefits include; excellent throttle response, choke-free starting, steady idling during warm up, excellent fuel economy & reduced emissions
• Smooth-shifting, 5-speed transmission.
•optimized gear ratios match engine output for strong acceleration
•5th gear is an overdrive gear for reduced engine rpms at highway speeds
• Low maintenance belt drive final drive.
•cleaner & quieter than chain drive & no messy chain splatter
•significantly reduces maintenance Vs a chain? no regular adjustments or lubrication required
•belt drive system simplifies customization
• Maintenance-free transistor controlled ignition (TCI).
•produces a strong spark for fast starts
•provides precise ignition timing / mapping for optimum engine performance at all rpms
• 2 into 1 exhaust system.
•large diameter header pipes for maximum flow
•heat shields protect rider & passenger from hot components
•3-way honeycomb catalyzer reduces exhaust emissions
• Air Injection System injects fresh air into exhaust ports to fully burn any unburnt fuel, reducing harmful CO & HC exhaust emissions.
• High output 460 watt generator.
• Double cradle steel frame.
•provides roomy ergonomics combined with a low seat height
•frame utilizes a rigid engine mounting system optimizing the overall rigidity balance for superior handling
• rake is 32 degrees, while maximum lean angle is a sporty 36 degrees
• Steel swingarm compliments the frame and the overall chassis rigidity balance.
• Long, 1685 mm (66″) wheelbase.
•excellent stability for a relaxed ride
• 41mm KYB front fork offers 135 mm (5.3″) of wheel travel.
• excellent ride comfort & compliance
•large-diameter brushed-finished fork covers
• Adjustable Monocross style single-shock, link rear suspension with 110 mm (4.3″) of wheel travel.
•linkage system provides a rising rate effect that provides excellent compliance on both small & large bumps
• 9 positions of spring preload adjustability to suit load and / or rider preferences
• Rear shock is vertically mounted behind the engine.
•shock is tucked out of sight for that classic, clean, hard tail look
•location centralizes mass for a light weight feel
• Dual 298mm, floating front discs are squeezed by compact twin piston front calipers.
• 298 mm rear disc is squeezed by a single piston caliper.
•caliper is mounted below the swingarm to lower center of gravity for lighter handling & that hidden look
• Lightweight 7-spoke cast aluminum wheels.
•front wheel size is MT3.00 x 16
•rear wheel size is MT4.50×16
•both fitted with tubeless tires
• Steel front & rear fenders allows for easy painting & customization ? to suit personal preferences
•18.5 liter seamless design fuel tank
•extended riding range
•3.7 litre reserve capacity (low fuel light illuminates)
•high capacity electric fuel pump
• Generous rider & passenger seats
•offers excellent long distance comfort & support
•seat is only 690mm or 27.2″ inches off the ground
• Full-size, “tapered” floating-type rider floorboards.
•roomy & comfortably positioned
•help reduce vibration
•special replaceable “scrapers” on the lower edge of floorboard
• 1 inch, rubber mounted handlebars are easy to reach & reduce vibration for excellent comfort.
• Handlebar-mounted meter / instrument.
•functions include; analog speedometer, odometer, dual trip meters, fuel gauge, fuel reserve trip meter (counts kilometers since low fuel light illuminated), clock & range of warning lights
•adjustable, red background illumination
•instrument functions can be “tabbed” through & reset using the RHS handlebar switch gear, allowing the operator to change instrument functions without taking hands off the bars.
• Stylish fork mounted fairing.
•offers dynamic styling as well as good wind & weather protection
•short, aggressive “bagger style” windshield makes a bold statement
•optional taller Genuine Yamaha Accessory windshield is available
•special quick release, centrally located GPS mount for added theft protection when parked
• Garmin Zumo 665 GPS / navigation system.
•rugged & waterproof Zumo 665 is specifically designed for motorcycle use
•”remote antenna” for optional satellite radio has been pre-installed in the fairing
•for complete Zumo 665 details please go to: https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/on-the-road/discontinued/zumo-665/prod65203.html
• iPod / iPhone ready audio system
•plug iPod / iPhone into the special connector in left saddlebag & enjoy your favorite tunes
•features dual fairing mounted speakers
•convenient handlebar mounted audio controller ( volume & audio track control)
• 28.5 litre, colour matched, hard locking saddlebags.
•28.5 litres of water tight storage per bag
•one hand openers
• 60/55 watt high intensity halogen headlight with remote adjusters to compensate for varying loads.
• Industry-leading Star family fit& finish with extensive black chromed accents
• Unit is pre-wired for accessory passing lamps (inside headlight shell)
• Upper & lower belt drive cover
• Extra wide front brake & clutch levers
• Steering lock is integrated into the main ignition switch for extra convenience.
• Under seat helmet holder
• Self-cancelling turn signals
• Oil level sight glass
• Low-maintenance, sealed battery (battery should be charged during winter storage)
2017 Yamaha V-Star 1300 Deluxe – www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $14299 USD
Engine Type 80-cubic-inch (1304cc) liquid-cooled SOHC Vtwin;
Bore x Stroke 100.0mm x 83.0mm
Compression Ratio 9.5:1
Fuel Delivery Electronic fuel injection
Ignition TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
Transmission 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
Final Drive Belt
Suspension / Front 41mm telescopic fork; 5.3-in travel
Suspension / Rear Single shock; 4.3-in travel
Brakes / Front Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm
Brakes / Rear Hydraulic disc, 298mm
Tires / Front 130/90-16
Tires / Rear 170/70B-16
L x W x H 98.0 in x 41.2 in x 59.0 in
Seat Height 27.2 in
Wheelbase 66.5 in
Rake (Caster Angle) n/a
Fuel Capacity 4.9 gal
Fuel Economy** 42 mpg
Wet Weight*** 717 lb
Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
** Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha.
Your actual mileage will vary depending on road conditions, how you ride and maintain your vehicle,
accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
*** Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as
applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is
seful in making real-world comparisons with other models.
2017 Yamaha V-Star 1300 Deluxe – www.Totalmotorcycle.com Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
Canada MSRP Price: $14999 CDN
Liquid-cooled, SOHC , 8-valves (4-valves/cyl) 60°, V-twin
1,304cc (80 cubic inch)
Bore and Stroke
100 x 83 mm
11.3 kg-m (81.8 ft-lb) @ 4,000 rpm
Mikuni dual bore 40mm F.I.
Estimated Fuel Consumption±
17.7 kpl / 50 mpg (Imp.)
Ignition / Starting
TCI / Electric
41 mm fork / 135mm (5.3″) wheel travel
Adjustable link Monocross / 110 mm (4.3″) wheel travel
Dual 298 mm discs / twin piston calipers
298 mm disc / single piston caliper
2,490 mm (98″)
1,060 mm (41.8″)
1,369 mm (53.9″)
1,690 mm (66.5″)
690 mm (27,2 “)
18.5 litres (4.1 imp. gallons)
331 kg (730) approx.
2017 Yamaha V-Star 1300 Deluxe – www.Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/ Technical Details
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Model Not Available
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).