BASE BUT NOT BASIC.
2018 Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS Review on Total Motorcycle:
ITS COMBINATION OF LONG-TRAVEL SUSPENSION, SPORTY 17” WHEELS, A SLIM UPRIGHT RIDING POSITION AND A COMPACT PARALLEL-TWIN ENGINE RESULTS IN A HIGHLY VERSATILE PACKAGE, OFFERING RIDERS MAXIMUM RIDING EXCITEMENT.
•Compact 649cc parallel-twin engine combines maximum low- and mid-range torque and high-rpm performance for an exhilarating ride
•Slim, upright riding position offers a high level of comfort and nimble handling
•Windscreen with 2 inches of tool-free adjustment adds comfort for highway cruising
•Equipped with a gear position indicator
•GPS mount accessory available
THE RETURN OF THE VERSYS® FAMILY MEANS EVERY ROAD IS AN ADVENTURE
The Kawasaki Versys® family of motorcycles is designed for adventure-style touring.
The award-winning lineup starts with the nimble, easy to maneuver Versys®-X 300 ABS motorcycle. The Versys-X 300 ABS was met with rave reviews when it was introduced to the public earlier this year. It is now returning with new color options, while retaining its adventure capability.
The new colors for the 2018 Versys-X 300 ABS includes Metallic Spark Black/Metallic Flat Raw Graystone and Passion Red/Metallic Flat Raw Graystone.
The Versys® 650 ABS and Versys® 650 LT motorcycles are capable machines designed for fun and comfortable riding. Known for Kawasaki’s torquey 650cc parallel twin engine and lightweight chassis, the Versys 650 LT has smooth handling and responsive feedback. It’s a capable motorcycle that sits nicely in the middleweight category, meeting a variety of riders’ needs. The Versys 650 LT models come standard with hand guards and saddlebags.
The Versys 650 ABS and Versys 650 LT are both returning for 2018 with new color offerings in Metallic Flat Spark Black/Metallic Carbon Gray and Pearl Blizzard White/Metallic Spark Black.
The Versys® 1000 LT rounds out the Versys family of motorcycles, offering the most powerful engine in the lineup, with premium suspension components. ABS is standard on all models along with accessories like saddlebags and hand guards. The Versys 1000 LT has been highly regarded by the media and customers for its immense performance, smooth maneuverability and the ability to eat up miles with ease.
The Versys 1000 LT is returning in 2018 with a new color: Metallic Flat Spark Black/Metallic Spark Black.
2018 Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
• POWERFUL FUEL-EFFICIENT TWIN-CYLINDER ENGINE TUNED FOR STRONG LOW TO MID-RANGE POWER
• LONG TRAVEL SUSPENSION
• 3-WAY ADJUSTABLE WINDSCREEN
• 2-YEAR FACTORY WARRANTY
2018 Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
Digital Fuel Injection (KP)
• 38mm Keihin throttle bodies feature dual throttle valves(KP) for optimum performance and rideability. The sub throttles, located behind the main throttle valves, are controlled by the ECU so that the DFI® system has more precise throttle response, similar to a constant-velocity carburetor.
• Precise fuel injection plus exhaust catalyzer significantly reduce emissions.
• Automatic fast idle system makes starting and warm-up easy.
• Cassette-style transmission puts the transmission shafts and shift drum into a compact layout.
• Positive Neutral Finder, a Kawasaki exclusive user-friendly feature.
• Rubber front engine mounts help reduce vibration for rider comfort.
• Double-pipe perimeter-frame(KP) is simple and unique and contributes to light handling character. A backbone-style rear subframe keeps the seat narrow for an easy reach to the ground while allowing a thick cushion for comfort.
• Strong rear sub-frame accommodates optional accessory top case for increased touring capacity.
• Double-pipe swingarm matches the frame design and contributes to light, easy handling. Gull-wing shape on the right side allows clearance for the aggressive muffler design.
Triple Petal Design Brake Discs
• Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) helps assist braking under certain conditions and features a compact Bosch control unit to save space and weight.
• Nissin brake calipers convey a sporty image and contain front and rear brake specific pads; the front providing strong initial bite and the rear offering optimum control and high overall brake force.
• Large rear petal brake disc helps handle heavier loads when accessories are added.
• Front brake calipers have large 27mm pistons for excellent brake feel.
• Petal design offers improved cooling and warp resistance.
Showa Front Fork
• Derived from high-spec forks on Kawasaki Ninja® sportbikes, the Showa fork separates damping and spring functions into each fork leg. Rebound damping adjustability is in the right fork leg and spring preload in the left leg.
Single-shock Rear Suspension
• The rear shock has a remote hydraulic preload adjuster that allows the rider to conveniently change preload, without tools, for various load conditions.
• Aluminum gull-wing swingarm and offset, laydown single rear shock complement the frame design to create an integrated line flowing from the steering head to the rear hub.
• The footpegs are positioned for a relaxed riding position without compromising sport potential. The footpeg mounting plates are rubber mounted to help isolate the rider from vibration resin heel guards help prevent paint wear from the rider’s boots.
• Rubber-mounted handlebars help reduce vibration reaching the rider.
• Passenger grips provide a stylish handhold and accommodate the KQR (Kawasaki Quick Release) 28-liter Saddlebags.
2018 Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $8,099 USD
4-stroke, 2-cylinder, DOHC, water-cooled, 4 valves per cylinder parallel twin
Bore x Stroke
83.0 x 60.0mm
DFI® with 38mm Keihin throttle bodies (2)
TCBI with digital advance
6-speed with positive neutral finder
Rake / Trail
Front Suspension / Wheel Travel
41mm hydraulic telescopic fork with stepless adjustable rebound and preload/5.9 in
Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel
Single offset laydown shock with remote adjustable spring preload/5.7 in
Dual 300mm petal-style rotors with 2-piston calipers, ABS
Single 250mm petal-style rotor with single-piston caliper, ABS
Tubular diamond, high-tensile steel
55.1 in/57.1 in (windshield down/up)
Metallic Flat Spark Black/Metallic Carbon Gray, Pearl Blizzard White/Metallic Flat Spark Black
12 Month Limited Warranty
Kawasaki Protection Plus™ (optional)
12, 24, 36 or 48 months
2018 Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS – Totalmotorcycle.com Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
Canada MSRP Price: $ CDN
2018 Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).