CELEBRATE NINJA ROOTS.
2019 Kawasaki Ninja 650 ABS:
The Ninja 650 ABS is exciting and easy to ride with sporty performance and aggressive styling. Rounding out the package, a comfortable and adaptable upright riding position makes the Ninja 650 an exceptional everyday ride.
The Ninja® 650 ABS encapsulates the passion and peformance of a modern sportbike while delivering the efficiency and agility of an urban commuter. It’s built for the street rider who wants the performance of the Ninja® family, but with more street-focused ergonomics and controls. The Ninja 650 is also available without ABS. For 2019, the Ninja 650 and Ninja 650 ABS models will be available in Metallic Spark Black and Candy Steel Furnace Orange/Metallic Spark Black. Non-ABS models have an MSRP of $7,399 while ABS models start at $7,799.
With sleek, angular bodywork draped over a light weight, sporty chassis and responsive engine, the Ninja® 650 delivers uncompromising middleweight Ninja motorcycle performance and style while maintaining everyday versatility.
Strong power and nimble handling highlight the Ninja® 650 motorcycle. Exciting and easy to ride with sporty performance and aggressive styling, the modern Ninja 650 stays true to its Ninja roots. Rounding out the package, a comfortable and adaptable upright riding position makes the Ninja 650 an exceptional everyday ride.
•Sporty 649cc parallel-twin engine delivers smooth and responsive performance with exciting mid-range power that is felt in every gear
•Chassis with trellis frame is light and slim, resulting in nimble handling and a more direct connection to the road
•Sporty front cowl and aggressive bodywork with sharp, angular lines contribute to an authentic Ninja image
•Overall lightweight, low seat height and gull-arm design swingarm provides a lower center of gravity for agile handling and increased maneuverability
2019 Kawasaki Ninja 650 ABS Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
• Kawasaki Racing Team Edition
▪41mm telescopic front fork
▪Dual 300mm front petal disc brake
▪220mm rear petal disc brake
▪Low seat height
▪Gull-arm design swingarm
▪Exclusive Lime Green/Ebony bodywork
2019 Kawasaki Ninja 650 ABS Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
649cc Twin-Cylinder, DOHC Engine
• Tuned to deliver strong, responsive power for performance that favors everyday riding and inspires confidence in newer riders, yet is spirited enough for sport riding.
• Camshaft profiles are tuned for quick response and performance.
• Slim intake port shape also helps boost engine response and performance.
• Airbox design with a single large inlet contributes to the power feeling.
• Exhaust system has a short header and the sleek muffler’s internal construction further enhances power delivery.
• Muffler is mounted below the engine to help lower the center of gravity and aid weight centralization.
• Kawasaki Air Management System(KP) (KAMS) radiator fan cover helps direct hot engine air down to the ground and away from the rider.
• Compact parallel twin engine helps reduce the dimensions of the entire motorcycle to keep it small and nimble.
• 180-degree crankshaft plus balancer shaft for extremely smooth engine operation.
• Triangular crank and transmission shaft layout makes the engine very short from front to back, a semi-dry sump(KP) oil system reduces overall engine height, while the narrow pitch of the chrome
composite(KP) plated aluminum cylinders helps reduce engine width.
Digital Fuel Injection(KP)
• Fuel injection settings provide smooth low end response while contributing to the engine‘s quickrevving character.
• Throttle body diameter is 36mm and utilizes fine atomizing injectors to further enhance engine response and low-to-mid-range power.
• The throttle bodies feature sub-throttle valves(KP) for optimum performance and rideability. The sub throttles, located behind the main throttle valves, are controlled by the ECU so that the EFI system has more precise throttle response, similar to a constant-velocity carburetor.
• Precise fuel injection plus exhaust catalyzer significantly reduce emissions.
• Automatic fast idle system makes starting and warm-up easy.
Assist & Slipper Clutch(KP)
• Using the rotational forces of the clutch hub and pressure plate, the clutch is forced together during acceleration (Assist function) so that fewer and lighter clutch springs can be used for a lighter feel at the lever. During high back-torque, such as when too low of gear is selected, the Slipper function allows some clutch slippage to help prevent engine lock-up and stalling, and rear-wheel hop.
• Equipped with a linkage-type gear shift mechanism for positive shift touch and feeling.
• Cassette-style transmission puts the transmission shafts and shift drum into a compact layout.
• Includes Positive Neutral Finder, a Kawasaki exclusive user-friendly feature.
• High-tensile steel trellis frame has optimized dimensions and wall thicknesses to significantly reduce frame weight and contribute to extremely light handling.
• Frame components follow the ideal pipe line so that the lines of the frame are as straight as possible. When bends were necessary their angles were as small as
possible, resulting in a design that disperses stress extremely well.
• Three-point rigidly mounted engine and footpeg stays are used as stressed members to contribute to weight reduction.
Horizontal Back-link Rear Suspension(KP)
• Horizontal Back-link progressive suspension system like that found on the Ninja® ZX™-10R optimizes balance, sport riding potential and ride comfort.
• The linkage is placed atop the swingarm and helps make room for the under-engine muffler for better mass centralization.
• Rear shock is further away from the exhaust so that its operation will not be affected by exhaust heat.
• Gull-wing swingarm uses hollow press construction that helps keep it light.
41mm Front Fork
• Upper triple clamp has stylish reinforcing ribs on the upper surface to enhance appearance.
Triple Petal Design Brake Discs
• Nissin brake calipers provide excellent brake feel and control and project a sporty image.
• Front brake calipers grip dual 300mm petal discs and have big 27mm pistons for excellent brake feel.
• Petal design offers great cooling and warp resistance.
• Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) helps assist braking under certain conditions.
• Bosch 9.1M control unit provides precise electronic management and is compact to save space and weight.
Wheels and Tires
• Sporty five-spoke wheel design has a light, nimble appearance.
• Equipped with Dunlop Sportmax D214 silica-blend tires for excellent performance and better fuel mileage. Confidence-Inspiring Cockpit
• Separate, clip-on style handlebar mounts atop the upper triple clamp are positioned slightly forward for an aggressive sport riding position. However, the leg position is opened up by placing the footpegs low and forward to help maintain comfort.
• The seat is low and slim at the front to make it easier for the rider to place both feet on the ground at a stop.
• The fuel tank is positioned low on the chassis and its slim design further facilitates the reach to the ground for added rider confidence. A resin design fuel cap eliminates the presence of mounting bolts for a stylish design.
• Instrument panel features analog tachometer and LCD multi-function meter that is easy to read. There is a gear position indicator and upshift indicator light, while the tachometer needle complements the upshift light, changing colors in three stages as the chosen shift point nears.
• The LCD display also contain the speedometer, odometer/trip meters, coolant temperature, fuel level, fuel range and average/instant fuel consumption, plus an Economical Riding Indicator(KP) that displays when fuel consumption is most favorable.
• 5-way adjustable brake and clutch levers accommodate a variety of hand sizes for increased comfort and control.
• Bodywork evokes a strong Ninja supersport image in line with the track-focused Ninja® ZX™-6R and ZX-10R.
• Chin spoilers below the swept-back headlights make the front cowl closely resemble that of the Ninja ZX-10R. • Windshield design further reinforces the overall Ninja image and
features three-position adjustability with a total range of nearly 2.5 inches.
• Fairing has large openings to maximize airflow and reduce engine heat.
• Front fender design and compact, upswept tail cowl contribute to the aggressive image.
• LED taillight lights up in an X shape.
2019 Kawasaki Ninja 650 ABS – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $ USD
Canada MSRP Price: $8399 CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Australia MSRP Price: See Dealer for Pricing in AU
2019 Kawasaki Ninja 650 ABS – Totalmotorcycle.com Canada Specifications/Technical Details
|Type||4-stroke, Parallel Twin|
|Bore and stroke||83.0 x 60.0 mm|
|Valve system||DOHC, 8 valves|
|Fuel system||36 mm x 2 with dual throttle valves|
|Lubrication||Forced lubrication (semi-dry sump)|
|Front: type||Dual semi-floating 300 mm petal discs|
|Front: calipers||Dual piston|
|Rear: type||Single 220 mm petal disc|
|Fuel capacity||15 litres (3.5 gal.)|
|Primary reduction ratio||2.095 (88/42)|
|Gear ratio: 1st||2.438 (39/16)|
|Gear ratio: 2nd||1.714 (36/21)|
|Gear ratio: 3rd||1.333 (32/24)|
|Gear ratio: 4th||1.111 (30/27)|
|Gear ratio: 5th||0.966 (28/29)|
|Gear ratio: 6th||0.852 (23/27)|
|Final reduction ratio||3.067 (46/15)|
|Clutch||Wet multi-disc, manual|
|Type||Trellis, high-tensile steel|
|Wheel travel: front||125 mm (4.9 in.)|
|Tire: front||120/70ZR17M/C (58W)|
|Wheel travel: rear||130 mm (5.1 in.)|
|Tire: rear||160/60ZR17M/C (69W)|
|Trail||110 mm (4.3 in.)|
|Steering angle (left/right)||35º / 35º|
|Suspension, front||41 mm telescopic fork|
|Suspension, rear||Horizontal Back-link with adjustable preload|
|Warranty||12 months warranty|
* The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price does not include freight, pre-delivery inspection or applicable taxes. The final price is at the discretion of the dealer. Prices and Specifications are subject to change without prior notice. The amount indicated as “Your price” may include an optional instant Mega Cash credit that is deducted from the manufacturer’s suggested retail price before taxes. This promotion is time limited and certain conditions will apply. See your dealer for complete details. Offer not available on financed purchases and cannot be combined with any other special offers. The final price is at the discretion of the dealer. Prices and Specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
** Includes all necessary materials and fluids to operate correctly, full tank of fuel (more than 90% of capacity) and tool kit (if supplied)
‡ Power / Torque figures measured at the crankshaft.
The specifications mentioned here apply to and have been achieved by production models under standard operating conditions. We intend only to give a fair description of the vehicle and its performance capabilities but these specifications may not apply to every machine supplied for sale. Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. reserves the right to alter specifications without prior notice. Equipment illustrated and specifications may vary to meet individual markets. Available colours may vary by market.
2019 Kawasaki Ninja 650 ABS – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
2019 Kawasaki Ninja 650 ABS – Totalmotorcycle.com Australian Specifications/Technical Details
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).