2020 Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS : VERSATILE RIDING MILE AFTER MILE.
2020 Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS.
The Versys® 650 combines long-travel suspension, sporty 17-inch wheels, a slim upright riding position and power focused on the low-mid range to produce a highly versatile motorcycle that excels in a wide variety of street-riding situations, and especially on twisty roads.
Versatility is the foundation of the Versys® 650 LT and Versys® 650 ABS motorcycles. Whether you’re navigating city streets or tackling mile after mile of open highway, the Versys 650 LT and Versys 650 ABS are built for comfort.
The Versys® 650 ABS and Versys® 650 LT adventure motorcycles are capable machines designed for fun and comfortable riding. Known for Kawasaki’s torquey 650cc parallel twin engine and lightweight chassis, the Versys 650 ABS has smooth handling and responsive feedback. It’s a capable motorcycle that sits nicely in the middleweight category, meeting a variety of riders’ needs. The Versys 650 LT models come standard with hand guards and saddlebags.
The Kawasaki Versys® 650 LT has all of the features of the standard Versys 650 ABS and adds Kawasaki Quick Release 28-Liter Saddlebags and hand guards as standard equipment to make it touring ready straight off the showroom.
COMPACT 649cc PARALLEL-TWIN ENGINE
SLIM, UPRIGHT RIDING POSITIONG
WINDSCREEN WITH 2 INCHES OF TOOL-FREE ADJUSTMENT
ADDITIONAL VEHICLE FEATURES:
Equipped with a gear position indicator
GPS mount accessory available
2020 Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
- POWERFUL FUEL-EFFICIENT TWIN-CYLINDER ENGINE TUNED FOR STRONG LOW TO MID-RANGE POWER
- STANDARD ABS
- LONG TRAVEL SUSPENSION
- 17-INCH CAST ALUMINUM WHEELS
- 3-WAY ADJUSTABLE WINDSCREEN
2020 Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
- Kawasaki Air Management System(KP) (KAMS) radiator fan cover helps direct hot engine air down to the ground and away from the rider.
- Compact parallel twin engine helps reduce the dimensions of the entire motorcycle to keep it small and nimble.
- Tuned to deliver strong, responsive power from 3-6,000 rpm for greater acceleration from a stop.
- Triangular crank and transmission shaft layout makes the engine very short from front to back, a semi-dry sump(KP) oil system reduces overall engine height, while the narrow pitch of the chrome composite(KP) plated aluminum cylinders helps reduce engine width
- One-piece muffler and exhaust pipe helps boost top-end engine performance.
- Muffler with 3-way catalyzer and bullet-tip opening is mounted below the engine to help lower the center of gravity and aid weight centralization.
- 180-degree crankshaft plus balancer shaft for extremely smooth engine operation.
- Oil jets in the connecting rod big ends spray oil on the undersides of the pistons to aid cooling.
- 38mm Keihin throttle bodies feature dual throttle valves(KP) for optimum performance and rideability. The sub throttles, located behind the main throttle valves, are controlled by the ECU so that the DFI® system has more precise throttle response, similar to a constant-velocity carburetor.
- Precise fuel injection plus exhaust catalyzer significantly reduce emissions.
- Automatic fast idle system makes starting and warm-up easy.
- Cassette-style transmission puts the transmission shafts and shift drum into a compact layout.
- Positive Neutral Finder, a Kawasaki exclusive user-friendly feature.
- Rubber front engine mounts help reduce vibration for rider comfort.
- Double-pipe perimeter-frame(KP) is simple and unique and contributes to light handling character. A backbone-style rear subframe keeps the seat narrow for an easy reach to the ground while allowing a thick cushion for comfort.
- Strong rear sub-frame accommodates accessory direct-mount saddlebags and optional accessory top case can be mounted at same time for increased touring capacity.
- Swingarm contributes to light, easy handling. Gull-wing shape on the right side allows clearance for the aggressive muffler design.
Triple Petal Design Brake Discs
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) helps assist braking under certain conditions and features a compact Bosch control unit to save space and weight.
- Nissin brake calipers convey a sporty image and contain front and rear brake specific pads; the front providing strong initial bite and the rear offering optimum control and high overall brake force.
- Large rear petal brake disc helps handle heavier loads when accessories are added.
- Front brake calipers have large 27mm pistons for excellent brake feel.
- Petal design offers improved cooling and warp resistance.
- Derived from high-spec forks on Kawasaki Ninja® sportbikes, the Showa fork separates damping and spring functions into each fork leg. Rebound damping adjustability is in the right fork leg and spring preload in the left leg.
- The rear shock has a remote hydraulic preload adjuster that allows the rider to conveniently change preload, without tools, for various load conditions.
- Aluminum gull-wing swingarm and offset, laydown single rear shock complement the frame design to create an integrated line flowing from the steering head to the rear hub.
SPORTY AERODYNAMIC BODYWORK
- Upper and side cowlings combine with tail cowl to provide a sharp sport image.
- Windscreen adds to rider comfort and uses knobs so that the operator can move the windscreen over its 2.4 inch range without using tools.
- The footpegs are positioned for a relaxed riding position without compromising sport potential. The footpeg mounting plates are rubber mounted to help isolate the rider from vibration resin heel guards help prevent paint wear from the rider’s boots.
- Rubber-mounted handlebars help reduce vibration reaching the rider.
- Passenger grips provide a stylish handhold and accommodate the optional KQR (Kawasaki Quick Release) 28-liter Saddlebags.
2020 Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $8299 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $ CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Engine 4-stroke, 2-cylinder, DOHC, liquid-cooled, 4 valves per cylinder parallel twin
Bore x Stroke 83.0 x 60.0mm
Compression Ratio 10.8:1
Fuel System DFI® with 38mm Keihin throttle bodies (2)
Ignition TCBI with digital advance
Transmission 6-speed with positive neutral finder
Final Drive Sealed chain
Front Suspension / Wheel Travel 41mm hydraulic telescopic fork with stepless adjustable rebound and preload/5.9 in
Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel Single offset laydown shock with remote adjustable spring preload/5.7 in
Front Tire 120/70 ZR17
Rear Tire 160/60 ZR17
Front Brakes Dual 300mm petal-style discs with 2-piston calipers, ABS
Rear Brakes Single 250mm petal-style disc with single-piston caliper, ABS
Frame Type Double pipe diamond frame constructed from high-tensile steel
Rake/Trail 25°/4.3 in
Overall Length 85.2 in
Overall Width 33.1 in
Overall Height 55.1 in/57.1 in (windshield down/up)
Ground Clearance 6.7 in
Seat Height 33.1 in
Curb Weight 476.3 lb**
Fuel Capacity 5.5 gal
Wheelbase 55.7 in
Color Choices Pearl Blizzard White/Metallic Carbon Gray
Warranty 12 Month Limited Warranty
Kawasaki Protection Plus™ (optional) 12, 24, 36 or 48 months
**Curb weight includes all necessary materials and fluids to operate correctly, full tank of fuel (more than 90 percent capacity) and tool kit (if supplied). When equipped, California
evaporative emissions equipment adds approximately 2.2 lb.
2020 Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS – Totalmotorcycle.com Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
2020 Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).