2020 Kawasaki Versys-X 300 : NON-ABS VERSION.
2020 Kawasaki Versys-X 300.
The Versys®-X 300 is a lightweight, nimble, adventure-style motorcycle that ensures every road has the potential for excitement.
Based on a compact and responsive 296cc twin-cylinder engine, the Kawasaki Versys®-X 300 is a nimble-handling lightweight motorcycle that’s ready to take on any size adventure. Whether you’re commuting or touring, the Versys-X 300 is a willing companion. With a lightweight chassis and long-travel suspension, the possibilities are endless.
Designed to be the ideal travel partner, the Versys-X 300 is built for adventure. Having a compact and responsive, ninja-derived 296cc twin cylinder engine makes it one of a kind. Sporty and nimble handling comes thanks to a lightweight chassis and long-travel suspension. Whether commuting or long distance riding, the Versys-X 300 is your ticket to adventure.
NOTE: ABS Model shown in photos above.
296cc TWIN CYLINDER, DOHC, DFI ENGINE
LIGHTWEIGHT CHASSIS AND LONG TRAVEL SUSPENSION
ADDITIONAL VEHICLE FEATURES:
Ninja®-derived 296cc twin-cylinder engine
Low seat height
Front cowling and tall windshield
Convenient rear carrier
2020 Kawasaki Versys-X 300 Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
- UPRIGHT RIDING POSITION PROVIDES ABUNDANT COMFORT BOTH IN THE CITY AND ON THE OPEN ROAD
- PARALLEL TWIN CYLINDER ENGINE TUNED FOR WIDE RANGE OF RIDING CONDITIONS
- ASSIST AND SLIPPER CLUTCH HAS LIGHT PULL AND IS EASY TO USE
- FULL-SIZE PHYSIQUE FOR A LIGHTWEIGHT STREET BIKE
2020 Kawasaki Versys-X 300 Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
Parallel Twin Engine
- Strong low- to mid-range torque makes it easy to pull away from a stop.
- Optimum airbox shape and intake duct enhance engine performance. The airbox is also slim and compact which contributes to a slimmer overall chassis width allowing riders to touch their feet to the ground more easily.
- Lightweight pistons help boost performance at all rpm.
- A lower compression ratio helps reduce piston temperatures so that the Versys-X 300 runs on regular gasoline.
- Oil jets spray the pistons, which have grooves to help direct the oil to the entire underside of each piston, to aid piston cooling.
- Short piston pins help reduce reciprocating mass to maintain high-revving engine character.
- Open-deck sleeveless aluminum die-cast cylinder with
T-treatment(KP) plated cylinder bores is light and increases heat dissipation.
- Crankcase design features a large-volume, finned oil pan that increases cooling performance.
- Equipped with a spin-on oil filter for ease of maintenance.
Digital Fuel Injection (DFI®)(KP)
- DFI provides easy starting, smooth idling, increased performance and better fuel mileage.
- Equipped with dual throttle valves(KP) for optimum performance and rideabilty. Sub-throttles, located before the main throttle valves in the throttle bore, are controlled by the ECU to precisely control airflow for natural, linear throttle response.
Tuned Exhaust System
- Exhaust header tucks close to the engine and helps enhance low and mid-range power for adventure-style riding.
- Large-diameter header pipes and center pipe help boost top-end power.
- Complex cross-section muffler provides appropriate volume to meet sound regulations and allows good lean angle for cornering. The short, compact design also helps centralize mass.
Assist & Slipper Clutch(KP)
- Using the rotational forces of the clutch hub and pressure plate, the clutch is forced together during acceleration (Assist function) so that fewer and lighter clutch springs can be used for a lighter feel at the lever. During high back-torque, such as when too low of gear is selected, the Slipper function allows some clutch slippage to help prevent engine lock-up and stalling, and rear-wheel hop.
- Roller-type shift drum provides smooth actuation and great shift feel.
- Short final gearing enhances low- to mid-range power feel and response.
Kawasaki Air Management System (KAMS)(KP)
- A cover for the fan at the rear of the radiator directs hot air down to the ground below the engine to help keep it away from the rider and fuel tank for increased rider comfort, especially when idling at a stop.
Positive Neutral Finder(KP)
- Just lift the shift lever from first gear at a stop to easily select neutral.
- An exclusive Kawasaki user-friendly feature.
- Specifically designed for the Versys-X 300, the new frame provides increased capability to handle rough paved roads.
- Simplified construction and strategically-placed thinner brackets and lightening holes contribute to a low overall weight.
- Designed to provide ample front-end feel for rider reassurance.
- Uses the rigidly-mounted engine as a stressed member for added stiffness and weight reduction.
- The frame was kept slim beneath the seat to help reduce the rider’s reach to touch the ground.
- Long travel 41mm front fork increases capability on rough paved roads.
- Front fork conveys excellent feedback for a more reassuring ride.
- 17mm hollow front axle adds to front end rigidity and stability while reducing weight.
- Bottom-link Uni-Trak® rear suspension is also tuned for rough paved roads and contributes to ride comfort.
- Long swingarm contributes to handling and riding stability.
- 19-inch front and 17-inch rear spoked wheels with lightweight aluminum rims.
- Multi-purpose tires add a strong adventure-style image.
- Rugged design features rally bike styling.
- Imposing styling also gives the impression of a bike with much larger engine.
- Upper cowl epitomizes aggressive Kawasaki style and is topped with a large windscreen to enhance riding comfort. Air ducts below the headlight helps reduce hot air build up inside the cowl in warm weather.
- Side cowl has large opening for efficient heat dissipation from radiator.
- Lower engine guard style cowls appear to cradle the engine and add to the adventure look.
- Upright riding position provides a comfortable perch both in the city and on the open road.
- Wide handlebars and steering angle assist low-speed maneuvering.
- Large-size seat is slim between the thighs to make it easier for riders to reach the ground while the rear of the seat has ample width for passenger comfort.
- Large-diameter rear grab bar adds to passenger comfort.
- Flat rear carrier is level with the seat for excellent cargo- carrying performance.
- Rubber-cushioned footpegs reduce vibration for increased ride comfort. The cushions are removable for a more direct feel and increased boot traction.
- Modern instrument panel with analog tachometer, and multi-function display that includes digital speedometer, gear position indicator, fuel range, current and average fuel consumption, Economical Riding Indicator(KP) and coolant temperature.
2020 Kawasaki Versys-X 300 – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $5,499 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $ CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Engine 4-stroke, 2-cylinder, DOHC, liquid-cooled
Bore x Stroke 62.0 x 49.0mm
Compression Ratio 10.6:1
Fuel System DFI® with 32mm throttle bodies (2)
Ignition TCBI with digital advance
Transmission 6-speed, return shift
Final Drive Sealed chain
Front Suspension / Wheel Travel Telescopic fork/5.1 in
Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel Uni-Trak® swingarm/5.8 in
Front Tire 100/90-19M/C 57S
Rear Tire 130/80-17M/C 65S
Front Brakes Single Disc
Rear Brakes Single Disc
Frame Type Tubular, diamond
Rake/Trail 24°/4.3 in
Overall Length 85.4 in
Overall Width 33.9 in
Overall Height 54.7 in
Ground Clearance 7.1 in
Seat Height 32.1 in
Fuel Capacity 4.5 gal
Wheelbase 57.1 in
Color Choices Pearl Blizzard White/Metallic Matte Carbon Gray
Warranty 12 Month Limited Warranty
Kawasaki Protection Plus™ (optional) 12, 24, 36 or 48 months
2020 Kawasaki Versys-X 300 – Totalmotorcycle.com Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
2020 Kawasaki Versys-X 300 – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).